4/7 Tugger PMPS 79 +2 135!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Marvie and Tugger, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

Yesterday:
    http://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11210

I'm thinking he probably polished off the plates before I got up. I'm sure if I waited another 30 mins or so he'd go down a bit more. We're actually a few minutes early because I wanted to have time to decide about the dose.

Still thinking the .5 D? I still think we can do it and see how he goes today. I'll be home and can test often, I've got a phone meeting at 9 and the a'c guy coming tonight and hubby is officially coming home Saturday night so I have to get his laundry washed and hung up in the closet and stuff :mrgreen: I've got three days to get the house ready for his return so I'm pretty well housebound till then lol.

2. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 4/7 Tugger AMPS 99

Good Morning Tugger :YMHUG: cat_pet_icon

3. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Sounds like some good quality time with Tugger these next couple of days....watch out Tugger!!! :lol:

4. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

Yes, I think 0.5u is the way to go.
    His inverted curves are fairly normal for him but still make me think we should try this.

5. Marvie and Tugger

Well, daddy will be happy because now that Tugger is getting into these little doses I doubt he'll be shooting. He'll be too nervous about getting it right. Hell, I'M nervous about getting it right lol. Everything I read about the wee doses though says that being consistent is the key, even if it's not exactly .whatever as long as it's the same .whatever every time... it should work out ok? We're not there yet, I can handle the .5 easily but once we get under that... I'm a bit nervous about the consistency.

Glad you said that D because I just went and shot it =)

6. Mindy & Max

Mindy & Max Member

Way to go Tugger and Marvie! Everything is looking GOOD. :mrgreen:

I think Tugger needs to talk to Max and tell him to stop having random goofy numbers!

7. Marvie and Tugger

Re: 4/7 Tugger AMPS 99 +3 76

I think he liked that .5 this morning! I don't think we'll see a reduction today but this is a nice little drop from AMPS. I'm happy with it =)

8. D and Noisy

Good +3. I am hoping this dose is where he wanted to hang out a little. Threats are available if needed.

9. Marvie and Tugger

Heheh He might need them lol. Or I'll have to feed his numbers to keep him there. Maybe I can talk him into taking a little rest for a bit. I know my threat about May worked, but we've got plenty of time before then so he really can afford to slow down a teensy bit :lol:

10. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

Well Tugger caught up to Scrabble with his dose, congrats!!!! It does get a lot harder measuring these fine doses doesn't it? I am scared when we get to .25 (anti-jinx!!) because with the .5 it seems there is barely anything in the syringe. Gosh you must be sooooooooooooooo excited to see your hubby, can't wait to hear about his homecoming!!!!

11. Marvie and Tugger

Thank you =) I'm very excited about Tugger getting under 1u and now I've got hubby coming home too! It's been a pretty awesome day for me today =) Lots of good things. Almost makes this heat bearable. I think someone forgot to tell the thermometer that this is April not July.

Dear Weather Gods,
    I'd like winter back, k?
    thanks,
    Marvie

12. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

(((Marvie and Tugger))) :thumbup
    Looking fine as wine!! Yay!! Soooo excited DH is coming home too!! How wonderful this weekend will be for you!!
    Awesome times all the way around ;-)

13. Marvie and Tugger

I've spent the day getting his clothes washed and put away (I stole his closet space while he was gone :mrgreen: ) Tomorrow I have to finish packing up Armyson's stuff, he was living in hubby's office but he probably won't be coming back here to stay with us so I'm going to get all his stuff put away so whenever he's ready for it we can take it or send it to him. Gotta turn the room from bedroom back to hubby space. I wish I had time to paint but there's just no way I could fit it in with everything else I have going on. Should have done it weeks ago. Oh well. He can paint it if he wants it painted ;-)

I'm very excited that Friday (Saturday will be youngerson's turn) will be my last day scooping boxes for at least a year. :mrgreen:

And that the kitchen faucet will be fixed. :D Youngerson is super-duper excited that tomorrow will be the last time he has to mow the yard for a long time :lol: Hubby loves that job more than any other I think, and Youngerson hates it more than any other so it works out. Be nice to have a reason to cook once in a while too. I don't love to cook, I do it but I don't love it. I *do* love to eat and I'm not fond of leftovers so we've eaten a disgusting amount of fast food in the past two years. Real food will be nice.

Oh, and I forgot to update the thread title but Tugger's +4 was 59 so I think maybe he is the one who polished off the food in the predawn hours before his +10 of 121. Not sure he's gonna stick around this dose too long without threats... bcatrun_gif

14. Mindy & Max

Mindy & Max Member

Wow look at Tugger go! :mrgreen: Sounds like good times all around at your house, Marvie!

I never found out, why has DH been away for 2 years?

15. Marvie and Tugger

He's been stationed in Japan, it was supposed to be just a year but turned into two. We'd just gotten back from Germany and bought our house so when we thought it would be just a year we decided I'd stay here with the kids and then when we found out it was going to be another year it wasn't worth trying to move the household. About to start his last enlistment though, then he retires in '13. Finally =)

16. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Very great day for Tugger Marvie.
    This .5 is looking very good on him. Now lets see a few days of calm
    surfing greens.

So exciting that Hubby is coming home this weekend.
    How proud will he be with how well Tugger is doing.
    I am so happy for you.

17. Marvie and Tugger

Re: 4/7 Tugger AMPS 99 +3 76 +8 82 +11 81

Soooooooooo, I might have figured out the 121 he had this morning before AMPS....

Tugger discovered that he is not afraid of heights after all....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That table he is on is not usually in that spot, It's usually under the other table over in front of the window but I moved it all out so we could put an air conditioner in that window. It is sitting in front of the counter where I feed the civvies. I did not think fatso could jump that high. So we now know, that short table is his limit. Can't do counter height without assistance, but he can do table height and them walk onto the counter.

Now, not only can fatso get up there but the blind baby can too. I just caught 4 of the 5 up there. Time to move the little table lol.

18. D and Noisy

The best part is these pics show he is doing soooo much better! Aw.

19. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Great numbers today :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: and soooo green!! He is so sweet!

20. Marvie and Tugger

I don't have any from around dx time frame that really show how yucky he looked and felt, but this was taken right before dx about the time I started really getting worried about him with weight loss and lack of energy and the peeing oceans.

[​IMG]

He loooooves paper, but he didn't even have the energy to play in it like he does every year when I unwrap the decorations and village stuff at Thanksgiving. He was much thinner there, but it's hard to see the extent if his thinness with the paper disguise. You can see how bleh he felt though.

So yep, D a HUGE improvement since Dx and a pretty darned big improvement just in the past few weeks. I wish I had a video of him running, it's kind of hilarious (but don't tell him I said so, he's sensitive.) It makes me happy :dizcat

21. D and Noisy

Re: 4/7 Tugger PMPS 79

I was looking for a 78 but 79 will do. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

P.S. Love seeing pics of him.
    P.S.S. Need pics of the rest of the gang too.

22. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

Love the pics you posted of Tugger don't you love it when you think there is no way they can jump onto something because of their size and then they surprise you :mrgreen:

23. Marvie and Tugger

More pictures can be found HERE =) I have loads more on my computer and I'm pretty sure there's a bunch on my backup hard drive that aren't on this machine. I take lots of pictures of my cats. I used to take lots of pictures of my knitting (when I had time to knit) and most of those pictures also have kitties in them, because no photo is complete without at least one kitty.

24. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

How an you possibly knit with 5 cats. I had to give it up as a lost cause with only one. Especially love the Yin/Yang Kitty photo and Echo is adorable.

25. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

I wonder what D is planning to do with those pictures soon (anti-jinx). :mrgreen:

26. Marvie and Tugger

The Original Three (BB, Tux, Tugger) just ignore it completely. Tux will lay in my lap and let me drape the yarn across him. Echo can't see it so as long as I keep it still when he's near or knit quietly. Bella hasn't yet shown any interest either... but I haven't really had time to knit very much since she came to us.

Oh carp, I just saw the clock. Better go get a late +2... curious to see how his .5 does him tonight. Back in a few!

27. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

After i gave up I let Cleo(GA) have her own ball of yarn. I would come home from work and it would be completely unwound around every chair and table leg in the house. Then I got to play winding it up again, every day! ohmygod_smile

28. Marvie and Tugger

Woah! Tugger you're creeping up there... 'sup?

29. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Tugger just keeps chugging along. What good numbers.

30. D and Noisy

Didn't he just eat at PS time? I know he usually does.
    Diff might be the dose isn't so much that it is counteracting the food.
    Hope I wake up to some Tugger green.
    Let it ride a couple of cycles, then threats.

31. Marvie and Tugger

Huh, I fed 7% FF Trout instead of the Turkey and Giblets I thought I'd fed. I don't know where my brain was... well, yes, I do :mrgreen: Good thing it's only 7% and not civvie food if that's what caused this jump. Fed 3% and 0% all day...

32. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

I so love those pictures Marvie.
    Thank you for sharing.
    So Echo is the tiny kitty that is blind? ow did that happen.

I'm not looking at that +2. I always hated that reading.
    Hoping to see that green again ASA.

33. D and Noisy

I like how fast you figure stuff out.
    OK, let's blame it on the 7%. :mrgreen:
    GreenTuggerGreenTuggerGreenTugger

34. Marvie and Tugger

Only figured it out because I hadn't cleaned the kitchen yet lol. Cans were still on the counter from dinner. Right next to the turkey and giblets I'd meant to feed. Ugh. But, now we know how much of a difference food makes.

I'm about to go take up whatever is left after mr piggie got done with his second helping and replace it with a little of what was meant for dinner.

I also moved the table earlier so he can't get to the civvie food... unless he really gains some lift with his jump. Wouldn't put it past him lol. I'll be watching!

I'll try to stay up for +4... if I go to bed I know I won't get up for it. I ran around a lot today and am sleepy enough that I'd just shut the alarm off. So I'll go clean the kitchen and see how long I can stay awake. I can sleep in tmorrow if I need to. I want to see if he drops though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.