4/8 Basil UPDATE

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA, Apr 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone,

I haven't been to the board since my guests arrived Monday, but wanted to update his tale of post dental recovery.

First of all, as I was explaining to the guests that Basil was very shy and would in all likelihood hide the whole time they were here, Basil sailed on into the room, went over to one of the guests and began rubbing his head against his hand. Okay, score 1 for Basil. Then, he did proceed to act spooked most of the time they were here.

He has been, I am quite sure, feeling a little nauseated on and off from the Clavamox. But, it is done now. His BG has been between in a normal-for-Basil range, maybe 5 or 10 points to the higher end. I've been giving him some yogurt and he had been picky about what food he wants to eat. We did see him vomit last night. I do remember this before with Basil and Clavamox. So, we are going to try to get his tummy back in order and his psyche re-adjusted after the "alien invasion" (they've left) and then we'll look at his BG again and see how he is doing.

I did get a decent look at both extraction sites the other day. He was sitting on Sonbean's lap and I was next to him (in a chair) and we were talking about how we could look into that scary mouth. LOL! As if on cue, Basil gave an enormous yawn and I ducked in for a look. The sites look good. A little bit redder than the surrounding gums, but not infected or inflamed in any way.

So that's it. I probably will be back to update this weekend and see if I need any advice. Let's hope not!!

Great day to all!

2. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update on Basil! Sounds like he is doing pretty good, well, except for the vomiting, but you are right, that is probably from the clav.

Have a great day and give please give Basil a nice little kiss on his nose for me today!

3. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Sounds very good Lydia....thanks for letting us know. Basil must be happy the guests have gone...and so has the Clavamox! YAY! keep up the great work! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.