4/8 Blaze amps 106 +6.5 103 PMPS 103 +2 67 +3 67 +4.5 68

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sarah and Blaze, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Sarah and Blaze

Sarah and Blaze Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...-78-pmps-84-2-47-2-5-53-3-5-73-4-5-99.228008/

Goo morning! Blaze dropped to 47 last night after being on the 0.5U for only two cycles. I was worried it might be too much but wanted to try it.
    After last night, I’m going back to the fat 0.25U. We’ll see if this works! If not, then we’ll go back to 0.5 and do a reduction after 3x under 50 or 1x under 40 I guess. Hope everyone has a good day!

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
    Sonia & Leo likes this.
  2. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Blaze is keeping you guessing.

Sarah and Blaze likes this.
  3. Sarah and Blaze

He sure is! First he seems like he needs a little more insulin, so I give a little more, then he says that’s too much Mom!:eek:

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Our kitties do like to keep us on our toes. I hope Blaze heads to the lagoon and surfs safely today.

5. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Oops...he does seem to be a bit delicate to changes doesn't he? Do you have calipers? What would you think of trying a fractional dose increase to help get him across the line without the big drama? Just a thought.

6. Sarah and Blaze

I do have calipers but I struggled with it once we got to smaller doses. So with the fat 0.25U dose, I’m drawing insulin up just barely above the 0.5 line and yesterday when I gave the 0.5U dose, I was drawing the insulin up with the plunger being even with the 0.5U. I’m not sure what to do. It seemed like that tiny bit of insulin yesterday made a big difference. Maybe I should give the 0.5U but not decrease until he drops under 50 3x or under 40 once?

7. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

That's how I do it with Luci...last week was the perfect example of her drops...she kept insisting on going back down to 1 u. She didn't like 1.25...I did my best. But then she also loves her lemon bookends. I think Blaze might be a little better off than that...and that you can try the 1 x under 40 / 3 under 50 - just to see if he'll level off...or I've seen others try doses like .375, etc. You can only draw those fragmented doses by using your calipers and dialing in digitally on those increments. You just can't guesstimate and be consistent with syringes...it's important that if you do try a fragmented dose - let's say the number between .25 and .50 it would be something like .37 - you'll have to set that on a caliper to get close to getting it consistent from one dose to the next...Blaze may respond to smaller changes ...

8. Sarah and Blaze

Okay thank you for the advice Sue! I will try to see if I can get the hang of calipers and try to measure something a little more than a fat 0.25 and a little less than a 0.5 dose and see if that helps him.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  9. Sarah and Blaze

0.25 on calipers is 0.33 mm and 0.5 is 0.66 mm so I will try to find something closer to 0.66 mm tonight!

10. Sarah and Blaze

Okay I measured out 0.61mm on the calipers, so it’s a little less than 0.5au, which is 0.66 mm calipers. Should I call this a skinny 0.5?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
  11. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Some people list the caliper measurements or you can say skinny 0.5. Whichever is easier for you.

12. Sarah and Blaze

I listed the calipers in the notes in my ss