4/9 Jai Jai-AMPS:482;+3:499;+5:477;+7:524,+10:482 | PMPS:454;+2:432;+5:324;+6:355;+9:398

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by heyhollis, Sep 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyhollis

heyhollis Member

2. Peg and Toby

Peg and Toby Well-Known Member

Good luck on your dose increase. I hope it brings him down to lower numbers.

3. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

The nadir is simply the lowest point of a cycle. If the cat's in a bounce, then sometimes there isn't any discernable nadir - everything's just bobbling around high.

Looking at his spreadsheet, if you count forward 3 days from the last yellow test, that would be later today. It's possible that he'll clear this bounce today if it does last 3 days. Bounces can clear in fewer than 3 days, but most will clear within that 3 day time. Hard to say, but I'm just mentioning it because if he were mine, I'd make sure and get a couple of tests today/tonight to see if there is any sign of the bounce clearing.

Before you make plans about increasing the dose, you want to see how low THIS dose is taking him. We haven't seen that yet. The 0.5u got him into 200's - until you can see clearly how low the 0.75u can get him I would just hold this dose and not increase it. It's very important to be confident that you can see how low any dose causes a cat to go before you increase the dose. There is a good link explaining a little bit more on this called "Should I Increase the Dose?" It's located at the bottom of the "New to the Group?" sticky.

4. heyhollis

heyhollis Member

5. julie & punkin (ga)

Yes, that's plenty. Let each test be your guide = if he stays pink, wait 3 hours and test again. If his blood sugar begins to drop, test again in 1-2 hours. You're just looking to catch the test at the bottom of the drop. Once he starts going back up again, then you don't need to keep testing.

6. heyhollis

heyhollis Member

Got it, thanks. Will keep posting his BG.

7. julie & punkin (ga)

sounds great! :)

8. heyhollis

heyhollis Member

His AM +3 is 499. On second thought, I'll get his figure at +5 as he normally has nadir near that time.

9. heyhollis

heyhollis Member

+5 = 477

His morning meal was finished before +3, no more food was given after that.

10. heyhollis

heyhollis Member

His AM +7 = 524, is it a bounce?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.