4 mornings in a row unable to shoot

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by MamaMug, Apr 6, 2019.

1. MamaMug

MamaMug Member

Looks like we'll be going down in dose again. I purchased some U-100s which should be arriving over the weekend. I think we're going to have to fine tune things a bit once those arrive.

2. MamaMug

MamaMug Member

I want so badly to be able to shoot every 12 hours. While his numbers look pretty good, I feel bad that he's yo-yoing throughout the day. Though it's worlds from how he used to be yo-yoing.

3. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Don't feel badly, he's never getting into really bad numbers right now. Try dropping down to 0.5u tonight.

MamaMug likes this.
  4. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

I haven't been following closely. Unable to shoot because he physically resists?
    Noah was mellow but went berserk if I tried to crate him. Cocooning a cat is basically wrapping them up in a bath towel; now they can't squirm, it's not cruel and generally they know you're in control so they stop resisting. Have everything laid out ready to go and a syringe filled with more than you think you'll need, squirt the excess into the air and give a flank shot. Presto!

5. MamaMug

MamaMug Member

Nah. Physically, he is great with shooting. I get him while he's eating and he doesn't flinch. Haven't been able to shoot due to low numbers, which puts him slightly higher at PMPS. We've been continually going down in dose and still not quite at the sweet spot.

Noah & me (GA) likes this.
  6. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

Don't get too excited but remission is not a myth.

MamaMug and JanetNJ like this.
  7. MamaMug

MamaMug Member

My U-100s came in the mail today so we shot at 0.6 tonight. Here's hoping that's a good spot for him!

Djamila and Jasper Blue and Jay like this.
  8. Jasper Blue and Jay

Jasper Blue and Jay Member

I see you're doing fish oil and pumpkin... I was doing sardines and pumpkin cause I read both are good for blood sugar but I wasn't 100% sure on it so stopped to have less variables to worry about... but I've been thinking about working them back in again ... what kind of fish oil do you use?

9. MamaMug

MamaMug Member

The pumpkin likely won't be a regular thing for us. I'm doing it for now as I read here on the forum it can help with diarrhea, which is an issue right now. My hunch is due to the round of antibiotics he just finished. I added fish oil as his dandruff is BAD, as is our youngest. I can't recall the brand, picked it up at Petco the other day.

Jasper Blue and Jay likes this.
  10. Jasper Blue and Jay

Jasper Blue and Jay Member

Interesting. I'll have to look at our petstore for it.