5/15 Hershey AMPS (154)PMPS(45)+7(39)+10.08(63)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Doug N Libby, May 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doug N Libby

Doug N Libby Well-Known Member

3/12 Hershey

HAPPY FURSDAY! (Well, it's actually already Friday ;-) )

Haven't posted since Hershey's birthday, just over two months ago. Same ole same ole here. Hershey is confusing and most days I'm pretty confident I have NO idea what I'm doing.

We were out celebrating Doug and Joseph's birthdays (4/7) and ended up having to skip the 4/12 PM shot, which REALLY messed him up. We got the call 4/14 mid-morning to go to the hospital. I didn't think he could afford to miss another shot, so Joseph offered to shoot and try to test. (He had tried to test another day when I was out, but couldn't get blood.) He shot and fed the next 3 times, but couldn't get blood, so no tests. What followed was a few days of blues/yellows, with a little green thrown in.

4/20 - He dropped (43) and bounced. After several cycles, it seemed we'd need to INC from .5u
    4/27 - Dropped to (44) - Decided to hold dose. Dropped, again, PM so DEC to .4u
    Greens, Blues with a little Yellow thrown in. Seems he's doing a little drop/bounce/repeat dance
    5/12AM was hard to bring/keep him up (and he had dropped a few times), so
    5/12PM - DEC to .3u - Back to Blues, Yellows until

TONIGHT: I went to get my haircut at a friend's house. I asked Joseph to shoot if I wasn't home by PMPS. He tested (First time EVER - YAY!!!) (45) but couldn't reach me by phone (no service at friend's house). Didn't know what else to do, so fed & shot. PM +2, I called home & the rest is on the SS (and below). I was so impressed that Joseph had successfully tested and was calmly handling the low numbers!

OT: Life is never dull around here. In March, MIL went into the hospital, then to a rehab facility for almost a month. I also had eye surgery; it was a procedure to scrape up the surface of my cornea hoping it would heal smoothly. I've been through a variety of drops and warm compresses plus no reading books and limiting computer time. It's been like two steps forward and one step back. At one point, I felt I was really regressing. Come to find out - my eye pressure was 45 (dr said it's normally 10 - 12). Explained a lot. Seems I'm one of the small percentage that reacts to the steroid drops that way. Now on steroid drops + drops to combat the steroid drops. :roll: I am able to drive some now, though, which is definitely an improvement!

My granddaughter, Beth Ann, was born 4/14. She weighed 7-lb, 14-oz and was 19.5" long. My prayer had been to get to the hospital (3 hrs from us) before her arrival and for clear enough vision to see her. I got both AND could see well enough to take pictures! YAY!! Below, you'll find pictures of Sammy (now 20-months old) and Beth Ann.

THANK YOU for stopping by to visit. I hope you are doing well...I hope you're sleeping, too, if you're in my part of the world. It's after 2:30am and CLEARLY Hershey doesn't care that I have a full day tomorrow - including Jessica's graduation from community college, if the ground dries out enough from tonight's storms. (AND - it just started raining, again...)

Yawns -

Libby (& Hershey, too!)

AMPS (154) + 12 - Shot .3u at 6:30 pm + 1/8th tsp Miralax
    +2 (228) - fed - Pretty sure this is a bounce from something I missed late on the 13th
    +6.17 (167) - Hopefully the bounce is clearing
    +8.67 (98) - Heading to get my hair cut

PMPS (45) +12.25 - (Joseph) Shot .3u at 6:45pm (Couldn't reach me by phone)
    +2 (45) - fed + 2 drops karo
    +2.75 (47) - fed 1.5 tsp Special Diet + 2+ drops karo
    +3.42 (61) (I got home)
    +4.17 (58)
    +5.5 (47)
    - fed 1.5 tsp SpD. Ate a couple of bites. Tried warming, a couple more bites. Added treats.
    +6.25 (38) - fed 1.5 tsp SpD + 3 drops karo + karo on mouth (b/c it's 1am & I'm tired!)
    +7 (39) - fed 1.5 tsp SpD + drizzle karo + karo on mouth (b/c won't let me get to his gum)
    +7.67 (50)
    +8.08 (52)
    +10.08 (63)

Attached Files:

2. Doug N Libby

Catch- up, too tired to post:

+8.08 (52) - 3:48am - He's rising, so going to take advantage of a nap

+10.08 (63) :D

Thanks, y'all, for stopping by. Always nice to see familiar faces. :coffee: For those starting their day, hope it's a great one! I'm going to sneak btb! I-) I-)

3. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

39 = dosecrease :D

Good job, Joseph!!

Just needs to know where you hung the Shooting Low Instructions.

Have a Great Day!

4. Doug N Libby

Hey, Dyana - Good to see you. Unfortunately, no shooting low instructions are hung anywhere since I'm always here. I had been trying to predict when he'd drop again and I was thinking it'd be today. Once again, Hershey showed me who's boss. I'll be sure and get something printed out for the future, though.

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Congrats on the reducie. :mrgreen: Joseph did a great job! I hope your MIL is doing better now and your eye keeps getting better.

6. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Libby,
    You certainly have a lot going on in your life. Hershey is "helping" by spendig time in the lagoon. Congrats on the reducie!

Have a good weekend. Take care of your eyes!

Ella & Rusty

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.