5/16 George amps 121 +5 171 pmps 95

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Gill & George, May 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Afternoon all,
    BFG is doing OK, still interested in food, but I think his mouth is hurting after the extractions, he's preferring to be spoon fed. He's eating his katovit sensitive happily, its a very light mousse like consistency so it goes down easily. He's getting a good amount down him.
    Didn't like this mornings cycle, not sure why it was all blue, pain? inflammation? bounce from yesterdays fast drop? I'm keeping an eye on his numbers if this becomes a trend I will be going up in dose, being a little cautious as his eating is a bit iffy with his mouth issues.

I have to give him his AB's now, 3 pills, it's been getting harder he's been putting up more of a fight, a nusiance but I'll take it that he's feeling better. I'm also a bit nervous about handling his mouth as I don't want to hurt him in the process. I keep telling him that they will make him feel better, but he's not convinced.

Tonight I am going to try and hide them is some cheese, we will see how that goes.

Vines and Prayers for all those kitties in need of them.

HWright and Tracey&Jones (GA) like this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

George has been through a lot. It may just take a little time for his numbers to come back down to greens. I hope his mouth heals quickly and he eats good for you. Good luck with the ABs. Sending prayers.

Gill & George likes this.
  3. Gill & George

Thanks Carla, it worked!!! I'm so happy it's crazy, less stress for him and for me.
    I wrapped it in some soft cheese, and then hand fed him some of his food intermingled with the cheese wrapped pills (This message will self destruct, don't want him reading this condo and getting wise to my tricks)

4. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

LOL, love that the cheese worked and he has dropped back down for you.

Continued vines for a quick recovery.

5. Gill & George

He's never eaten cheese before LOL

In my excitement at the cheese success I forgot to post the last test
    145 @+2.5 :banghead: (before the cheese)

6. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Is dairy high in carbs? Someone told me milk was at least.

7. Gill & George

I think it depends on the cheese but about 1g carb per 100g cheese.
    Tonight was the first cheese pills, and tests were taken before.
    I gave him a bit to try without anything in it in the am cycle, but that was in the latter half of the cycle, and that's when his numbers dropped, don't think that affected him.
    But it is something I am watching, as I wasn't sure how it would affect things.

8. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

@Tracey&Jones I used to give Furball a little bit of milk every now and then. When she was diagnosed with FD, I was told by the vet to stop giving it to her because it is high in carbs.

9. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

Good news that George is on the mend, and that you found the magic AB pill camouflager. If cows milk cheese does turn out to impact his Bg, i wonder if a soft goat cheese would be less impact on bg?
    :bighug::bighug::bighug:

10. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

:D

Glad he is eating for you. I hope he cheese continues to work fur ya :cat:

11. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

The day our kitties actually listen to us...

12. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Keep eating BFG it keeps you big and strong. I feel for you Gill and good job on the cheese trick .

13. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

It really shouldn’t make much of a difference for just one pill and short term use, but if you are curious or for future reference, these cheeses are low p, since I give her several pills a day regularly it adds up, we use cream cheese for Asia:

Cream cheese, bleu cheese, feta, Neufchâtel, and parmesan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.