5/17 Rosie AMPS:118 +4:88 PMPS:151 +4:81

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA, May 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

Yesterday
    Day 13 of full dose of Simplecef (out of 14--yay!)

I like Rosie's BG numbers today. Her appetite is improving although she vomited after breakfast and I gave her a second 1/4 pepcid a little while after. She has blood in her urine again after about a week of just about all clear pee. I did speak to a friend who had a cat with years and years of urinary problems and she too thinks it sounds from the details like stones. She is grooming and having normal poos, and she was extra affectionate with DH last night which was very cute. I have to call the vet today and make an appointment for next week for a urine culture and sensitivity test plus a talk about need for x-ray and/or ultrasound.

Vines to all who need them today.

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice numbers for Rosie today. I hope you can get a vet appointment and get the stones taken care of, or find out what is going on. :bighug:

3. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Nice numbers today despite the blood in the urine again. Poor Rosie! If there are stones, what can be done for them?

4. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

She's looking great considering but sorry to hear the blood is still there. Hopefully there is something that shows from the ultrasound/xrays and they can clear it for her.

5. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

PMPS kind of high.

Bobbie, the main solution, I believe, is surgery, which would be out for Rosie. Other than that, you can wait them out, flush them out, or I tink they can try to break them up with ultrasound. I don't know what she would be a candidate for.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  6. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

I hope that they will be a good solution for her should she have stones. Sending " no stone " vines

7. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Almost done with that icky AB!!

Hope you can find a definitive diagnosis soon so you can get the right treatment to get rid of it completely!

Not such a bad PMPS.....could be a lot worse!! At least she's still in blue (tell her to stay away from China tonight....she's all the sudden into yellow but I think that's probably my fault)

8. Mandarin'sMom

Mandarin'sMom Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that there is once again blood in her urine and fingers and paws crossed that there are no stones. I think treatment all depends on how big the stones are (if there are indeed stones). Luckily, female cats are not as prone to blocking and there is a much better chance that you can indeed flush them out.

9. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Sending vines for stones-be-gone!
    It's great that the antibiotic is almost over.

Hang in there, Lydia! Rosie, concentrate on the outfit you're going to wear to the Full Flower Moon Party, coming up on May 21.

10. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

She seemed mainly very happy tonight, even rolling over onto her back and sleeping that way looking so contented for a while. For Rosie, that's aerobic exercise.

Her PM+4 makes me happy: 81.

I gave her a catalog to look at and she is picking a dress for the party. I heard her on the phone with China making plans. Sorry. I scolded her when she hung up and told her it was NOT that kind of Moon party.

Thanks for the well-wishes, everyone.

11. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

We have got to start limiting these two's time on the phone together....did you get the bill I got last month???....LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.