5/17 Turner (alphatrack) AMPS:310, +2:224, 4:173, +6:162, +7:161, +8:192, +10:178, PMPS:187, +3:200

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by smilelari, May 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smilelari

smilelari Member

Phew. Back down into the blue at +4. Seems like Turner likes to do some bouncing. A few pinks post dosecrease. This is where I still feel pretty uncertain. We end up holding doses for a pretty long time because he bounces. That's the right thing to do? Right? Wait until it levels out again?

Hope everyone's having a wonderful Tuesday!

Last condo

Last edited: May 17, 2016
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice slide today. The idea is to see if when he clears the bounce he can get back to the lower numbers he had before he bounced. Then you can see how the dose is working.

3. smilelari

smilelari Member

Pretty good day over all. Probably give it another cycle or 2 before we bump up

4. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

Are you content with him being 160's and above? If so, hold the dose. If you want him under renal threshold and into green numbers, then there is no reason for holding the dose longer.

You did a super job today getting a clear picture on how low this dose is able to get him. He's had 9 cycles at this dose. I'd go ahead and increase by 0.25u unless you are wanting him to be higher for some reason.

Per the TR protocol,
    INCREASING THE DOSE:
    • Hold the dose for 3 - 5 days (6 - 10 consecutive cycles) if nadirs are less than 200 before increasing the dose by 0.25 unit.
      • if your cat is new to numbers under 200, it is recommended to hold the dose for at least 8-10 cycles before increasing.
      • when your cat starts to see nadirs under 100, hold the dose for at least 10 cycles before increasing.
    • After 3 days (6 consecutive cycles)... if nadirs are greater than 200, but less than 300 increase the dose by 0.25 unit.
    • After 3 days (6 consecutive cycles)... if nadirs are greater than 300 increase the dose by 0.5 unit.

5. smilelari

smilelari Member

Nope. No reason to keep him higher. This just doesn't say anything about how to handle a bounce. I've read it over and over and over. I know that I couldn't bump him up earlier because of the bounce (right?) just from reading around here. You wait until the bounce is "cleared". Is that one beautiful day what constitutes clearing a bounce? If so, now I feel much more informed and will go ahead and up the dose

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.