5/18 Rosie AMPS:125 +4:106 PMPS:141 +4:77

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA, May 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Day 14 of full dose of Simplecef (YAY!)

Rosie exhibited a real perk up last night. Unfortunately, it was at 4am, when I got up to make sure she ate her +9 food. She was following me around and looked like she had something to say. I, also, had something to say. It was "Plllleeeeessssse, oh Contessa, may I go back to my bed?"

Her appetite is good, urine clear again, poop solid and she is grooming and looking adorable. She has been asking to go outside for short periods and grooming in the sun, too.

I heard back from the vet and we are going in for the urine check AND an exam at the same time next week. I ordered the potassium supplement to start once the antibiotic is done. Apparently that can cause nausea and vomiting and we didn't want to do that with the AB. Hopefully, she will tolerate this well.

Thank you, guys, for stopping by and commenting on my boring condo. I know that many other people deal every day with far more serious health issues for their kitties than I have been dealing with for Rosie. But when your kitty is three months short of 20 years old, everything feels dangerous. So I am and have been worried. And it is stressful when your kitty is peeing in various places. I had to pull out the rubber crib pads from when my little doggie had issues and put them under all her sleeping places just to be sure. No accidents there, yet, but at her age she sleeps like a rock and I want to be sure we don't christen the couch or the guest bed. The vet has been keeping in email contact with me (my choice of method) and that has been helpful, too.

I'm also dealing with the fact that my most adored uncle is not doing well. I have been getting reports from his daughter and trying to pass them onto my father (his brother) without unduly upsetting him. Some days, a hole to crawl in is all you want!

Vines to all who need them and wishing a great day in L&L Land to all.

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Rosie is eating good and being perky. I hope the exam gives you answers next week. When our kitties get older, we worry more when something comes up. Sending prayers for your uncle. :bighug:

3. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Yo, Ro, its Bubba here. Put one of your cutest suits on and let's take a dip and celebrate you feeling better. A little fun is always good for the bod and the soul. Bring ya momma cause she needs some fun too.

Hugs Lydia!! :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

When our kitties are not feeling well it's terribly sad and worrisome! I don't think any of us feel one is worse than the other, it feels the same. Glad to hear her pee is clear and she seems to be feeling better.

What is the potassium supplement called? The heart meds for doodles can cause low potassium

Vines and prayers for your dad and uncle too

5. Mandarin'sMom

Mandarin'sMom Well-Known Member

Very happy to hear that Rosie is feeling well and fingers crossed that it'll be more good news from the vet next week.

...and sending vines for your uncle and your dad. :bighug:

6. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Thanks, guys! She has been good all day and I believe will be in the lagoon tonight. I bought her a shamelessly cute blue checked one-piece. She went for it becuase I told her she could wear a kitty depends in it but not in her bikini. :)

7. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Rosie, you are doing so well, and tomorrow you'll be off the a/b. Yay!! Enjoy your new swimming costume. The kitties in the lagoon will be dazzled.

Hi Lydia, I think you are dealing with it all admirably. How old in people years is Rosie? in the 90s? She is amazing.

Have a good evening,

Hugs, scritches,

Ella & Rusty

8. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Plus 4 this evening of 77! Very nice. And she has been just looking more comfortabel all day than a cpuple of days ago. She was quite good about eating today, too.

@Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) -- According to the cat age calculator, a 20 year old cat is about 96 in human equivalent years.

@Chris & China --Wait--Rosie told me that she was responsible for China's big cell phone bill last month and that I should pay it. Don't tell me you paid, too! I wonder if Rosie wanted that cash for poker.

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
  9. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Much better Rosie!! Glad to hear she's acting like she's feeling better too Lydia!!

She sure looks good for an older lady!!

Now you and China stay out of trouble tomorrow....I'm warning you...there's a Full Moon party coming soon and if you two don't mind your manners there's going to be Hell to pay!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.