5/21 MOUSE bad meter? AMPS 293 +2 370, NEW METER +4 132 , +4 67 PMPS 97 glucose toxicity

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mouse & Me, May 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mouse & Me

Mouse & Me Member

2. Mouse & Me

Mouse & Me Member

bad start, or bad day? The Relion confirm meter died.
    I tried my back up meter, the Relion Micro, and it measured 20 points HIGHER ,(371), than the ALPHATRAK 2 (350) ! Impossible! AT is always, always always higher than any of the relion meters.
    I rarely use the Micro, because it can be 40 points higher or lower than the confirm. I'm looking for trends.
    I save the micro for emergencies, such as if I lose the relion meter completely, like today. I was going to use it, take a few days to figure out the true trend, but it's measuring higher than the alphatrak. That's unacceptable.

I'm going to Walmart, to see if they have another Relion Confirm.

3. Mouse & Me

Mouse & Me Member

better number...but let's see how the new meter plays out.

Attached Files:

4. Mouse & Me

Mouse & Me Member

I see now that the Relion Micro model in my posssesion, (not all Micros can be bad), isn't a reliable back up. It's always been 40-60 number spread....I just thought if the Confirm meter didn't work, I could follow the trend of the micro....not so.
    I was sure that Mouse's behavior was telling me that she was going low, and yet, the meter said otherwise. She was following me around, begging for food, high activity, a sign of low numbers.She even woke me up at 3:30 am, but I followed the meter, not the cat.
    I think now, that the Confirm meter was getting erratic, sometimes good numbers, others not consistent with the cat's nature. If the meter didn't give up the ghost today, I might have followed it, upping her dosage again & again.

The brand new meter is more consistant with her signals that she is giving me. Another new Confirm meter is coming in the mail, so I will keep the same model going, no matter what.
    My mistake? I didn't use the control solution....maybe.....if the meter was not working properly, I'm not sure that the control solution would make a difference.

Then there's the possiblity that the meter was fine, and the newly upped dosage, is finally kicking in?

Whatever happened, I will have two meters soon, same model, same strips....in fact, the Arkray ones I ordered from ADW are only points apart from the new relion confirm I purchased today, instead of the wide spread.

I'm just going to move on....

Except the google issue. They do not answer me about freezing me out of editing my sheet. I can't start a new account and make a new sheet that can be edited. I hate annoying people with images in my messages on this board, but what else can I do?

Attached Files:

5. Steph & Quintus & L & O

Steph & Quintus & L & O Well-Known Member

What exactly happened? Little chance of getting a tech support answer from Google, but if you walk me through what happened (or point me to where you've explained it) I might be able to help -- this is my line of work.

6. Mouse & Me

Mouse & Me Member

+I keep my sheet open, so I can add to it all day, and into the evening. Never signed out.
    Last week, Edit access was cut off.
    I tried asking myself for permission to edit, and got the access codes, twice. Neither worked.

My message on the google forum was removed, so I won't get help there.

7. Mouse & Me

Mouse & Me Member

They also said that my password was changed 5 months ago. Couldn't happen. I've been signed on all that time.

8. Steph & Quintus & L & O

A password change doesn't necessarily end all sessions. Have you tried requesting a new password, by saying you have forgotten your password?

9. Mouse & Me

Mouse & Me Member

------------------
    yes. They sent me an email saying someone requested a password. If it was me, do nothing. It it wasn't me, etc. I did nothing. This was done three times.
    Oh yes, each time, they said they would freeze the security on my account for 3-5 business days. Yesterday, it was unfrozen, but I still cannot edit. I can sign into email, etc. but no editing the sheet

10. Steph & Quintus & L & O

I sent you a private message. I'm pretty certain I should be able to help you through this.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  11. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

You must have had a bad meter. My two Confirms were always very close, also the Glucocard mini version.

Have you tried posting in the Tech Forum for help on Google sheets? Have you tried exiting out then restarting?

12. Mouse & Me

Mouse & Me Member

`
    they removed my message from the forum....I don't think help is coming anytime soon

13. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Glad you were able to get a new meter and a new backup meter. I use the same one (Arkray) and it has been so reliable, I hesistate to switch to anything else. It even measures within range of the lab glucose number, so even outside of trends, I think I’m getting pretty reliable data from it.

I hope Stephanie is able to help you with the google problem. Diabetes is complicated enough without tech issues in addition! The only other thing I could think to do is create a new google account and c&p your SS there.

Mouse is looking good on this increase. Sometimes they wobble back and forth between 2 doses for awhile. I’m happy when I can hang on to one for a couple weeks. ;)

14. Mouse & Me

Mouse & Me Member

Glucocard mini version?

15. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Sorry, I meand Arkray Glucocard micro version.

16. Mouse & Me

Mouse & Me Member

Great numbers! So.....IF she stays green, keep the dosage, and only make a change if she goes low, (below 40), or goes high?

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.