5/21 ~ SPIKE ~ AMPS ~ 145 OLDTIMER

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by JaniceandSpike, May 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaniceandSpike

JaniceandSpike Well-Known Member

Its been awhile since weve checked in. Spike is doing well and just waiting for the rain to stop so he can sun his pancreas. What an awful spring! I had to increase his dosage because his numbers were getting higher. This has been since his new prescription of cartridges. I had a feeling right away there was something up with them but at $208 a box we just had to live with it. I will mention it to the pharmacist with the next order. Im sure he'll look at me like Im nuts.
    My college ds graduated last week so we have another person living at home. Good thing is I have another shot giver when needed. My older ds is looking to buy a house so when he finds one I'll lose this shooter. Its always nice to have one around when you need one..lol
    Its been 4 years since I found out Spike was diabetic. Im so grateful hes still here to shed fur around the house.
    Have a wonderful Caturday and I hope wherever you are the sun is shinning!

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Hey Janice! Good to hear from you.

FWIW, I would talk to the pharmacy. It's possible the insulin was mishandled. I swapped out a box for the same reason, although I did see the person at the desk who was packing up my insulin bang it around (despite my shouting at him). For what you paid, you should get good product. Of course, some mid-cycle tests might give a clearer indication of where Spike's numbers are.

3. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

um, congrats on getting a new shooting added to the household?

Wow, 4 years. I remember when Lucy was diagnosed and I thought that meant I would be losing her way too soon. It's always good to see the long-timers still chugging along. It has to give hope to the scared newbies to know that cats can live good long lives with diabetes.

These don't look like typical Spike numbers, though they are still very good numbers.

4. Rocket & his Mom

Rocket & his Mom Well-Known Member

I remember Spike from the old FDMB....glad to know he is still with you after 4 yrs....i like how you say you don't mind that he's still around to shed his fur....oh soooooo true....

hope the rain stops there for you.....have a good weekend you two

5. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

So nice to hear that Spike is doing well. These reports are great encouragement for everyone who is just starting on the sugar road. Diabetes and health DO mix!

Wishing you, Spike, and Spike's pancreas sun. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.