5.22 Bella amps 301,+2 189,+9:15 289,pmps 353, +3 227,+6 252

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Bellasmom, May 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

2. Bellasmom

Well that amps makes me unhappy

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  3. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Gizmo had a bounce cycle last night - they suck. He is coming down this morning. Hope Bella does the same :bighug:

Bellasmom likes this.
  4. Bellasmom

Should increase him back to 1u
    REDUCING THE DOSE:
    The TR Protocol is an aggressive method in itself. The modified version of the protocol is slightly more aggressive. Let's keep all our kitties in the Lantus & Levemir ISG safe by suggesting and taking appropriate reductions.

If kitty drops below 40 (long term diabetic) or 50 (newly diagnosed diabetic) reduce the dose by 0.25 unit. If kitty has a history of not holding reductions well or if reductions are close together... sneak the dose down by shaving the dose rather than reducing by a full quarter unit. See additional notes in the next paragraph about drops into the 20s and 30s. Alternatively, at each newly reduced dose... try to make sure kitty maintains numbers in the normal range for seven days before reducing the dose further.

I’m confused, after reading this again, why did I reduce the other day? He didn’t go below 40, I should have left it at 1u right, bella is not newly diagnosed

5. Bellasmom

Could someone advise me before pm shot in 1 hr please
    Want to make sure i didn't mess up

Last edited: May 22, 2018
    Reason for edit: Added more info
  6. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

Around here, we say the dividing line between "newly diagnosed" and "long term diabetic" is 1yr, so Bella sneaks in under the line as a newbie (sort of).

I'd give the reduction a little time to settle before calling it failed and stick with the 0.75, personally, but if you've already shot 1.0 I'm sure it's fine. Sorry no one got back to you earlier!

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  7. Bellasmom

Did .75

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  8. Bellasmom

Thanks nan

9. Bellasmom

His numbers are just horrible, horrible

10. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

How is he feeling? Any chance there's something else bugging him? Even minor discomfort can sometime spike numbers like this.

The other thing to consider is that his +2 this morning was a pretty steep drop from AMPS. He could be bouncing now from either going lower during the day, or just the speed of that drop.

Sit tight for now, see what he does. Take the break tonight (assuming he stays high) and enjoy a good night's sleep!

Bellasmom likes this.
  11. Bellasmom

He’s acting fine, he was a little more playful at the lower numbers, but he’s eating, peeing pooping, when his numbers are high he sleeps more and eats a lot!
    Thanks Nan

12. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I agree with Nan. Let the dose settle for a bit. There's that new dose wonkiness that often happens.

Bellasmom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.