5/22 MJ+Donovan/Butthead etc. update

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by MJ+Donovan, May 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

previous condo, I think...: http://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=84040&p=902453

It has been quite a while since I posted my own condo here. Many of you newer members probably don't know "MJ+Donovan", but I continue to lurk here often and keep tabs on the oldtimers and read about the newcomers.

Yesterday marked 2 years since I lost my incredible civvie Butthead. He was not a sugarcat, but I shared his journey here, and many came to adore his amazing spirit. There is a link to one of his videos in my signature ("The Butthead Movie", a.k.a. "Driving with Butthead").

Technically, I now have a sugarcat again. A few people already know about it, but I have not made it public until now. Foster cat "Amour" http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/25176534has been living with me since the end of March. She is the spitting image of Claudia's beloved Rocket. She was found as a stray back in January, and was living in a shelter that was a less-than-ideal situation for a cat with diabetes. It's understandably a lot for a rescue group to handle. She is now on a low-carb diet and Lantus.
    [​IMG]

this is a video of her playing:
    [youtube]M9c-0AfFqV0[/youtube]

I figured it was time to share her with you here.

MJ

2. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Hooray for you to take in another sugarbaby! :YMHUG: :YMHUG: Amour is adoreable and looks like she lives up to her name! Welcome back!

3. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Another kitty wins the lottery! :D :D :D She is beautiful. Thanks for sharing, MJ.
    Liz

4. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

awww, love love love! She is beautiful!

5. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

OH MY GOSH!!!!! THERE'S THAT BOOTIFUL BABY!!!! WOOT WOOT!!!

She's SO SO pretty and I've been wondering who! THANK YOU MJ! She couldn't have landed in a better place!!!! I agree too, every time I saw her pics, they always reminded me of Rocket.

BIG HUGS AND YARD DANCE!!!!!!

6. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

What a beautiful kitty!! How's Piglet adjusting to another kitty in the house?

7. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Wow, M.J. This is wonderful! Amour is really lucky and I'm sure will be treated like kitty royalty at your home. She sure is a beauty.

I laughed at your subject line ... Amour was the surprise "etc" in the title. :lol:

Butthead and Donovan were awesome kitties and I think of them often. Butthead was amazingly stoic as he fought his cancer treatments. And sweet Donovan was so handsome... His (your) colorful spreadsheet comments are legendary in my mind! If anyone here recalls them, they will know exactly what I mean. :twisted:

8. MJ+Donovan

Piglet is a little wary of her. Initially there was some hissing when she saw him, and he's a very sensitive boy. I think she may have thought he looked aggressive since his ears are folded down, but there is absolutely nothing aggressive about Piglet! I was more concerned about another tough civvie rumbling with her, but aside from some grumbling and hissing at first, they coexist just fine now. I kept Amour in a travel tent in the living room to keep her and my cats out of trouble, and even after removing it, that has remained her home base, and she keeps to herself.

At first I could feel her spine and her fur had dandruff, but that's gone now. I did try to weigh her last week but she would have nothing of it. I am sure she has gained weight and feels better now that she's regulated. Already down to 1-drop dosage, and she had a brief run of no-shot days, but her pancreas apparently isn't quite ready yet.

MJ

9. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Awww MJ, Amour is adorable! :D She is one lucky kitty to have landed in your loving home! :D

10. TheBowHuntress

TheBowHuntress Well-Known Member

CUTENESS ALERT * CUTENESS ALERT * CUTENESS ALERT!!! Wow, she is absolutely adorable--so sweetie--give her a hug from Gobbles. What a lucky kitty she is to have you as her sugar mama!!!

11. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

She's just so gorgeous - and what a lucky, lucky kitty!!! So, is she a "perma-foster" ;-) ?

12. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hey MJ,
    Amour is one beautiful kitty, and very fortunate that you found her. She really does look a lot like Rocket. And what a player she is! This is just so neat! Welcome, Amour, to Lantus Land!

Hugs to you and scritches to the kitties,

Ella & Rusty

13. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

Congratulations to you and Amour!! He is beautiful and one lucky kitty. ((((MJ))))

14. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

MJ You did it!!! I am so so Happy for you and that Gorgeous Sweet little Baby!! She is a lucky lucky girl to get you as her Bean!! She will meld into the family & be terrific. I am so so Happy for you :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: --I however, am no where near ready-But I send all my Love to you!! Hugs too!! Miss you a lot!

15. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Well I happen to be a little prejudice for Tuxedo kitties....
    She is adorable. And she is very lucky to have you and getting her FD needs taken care of.
    Congratulations! To both of you!!

16. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

congratulations on your new addition! whooppeeee another kitty found a loving home.

17. MJ+Donovan

Foster!
    OK, I know it doesn't always end up that way, but right now, she is a foster.
    And right now she is staring at me.

MJ

18. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Trixie is a "foster", too. We've been "fostering" her for 8 years now. I'm just sayin' ;-) !!!

19. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Congratulations on the new foster kitty ;-) Technically. She certainly lives up to her name! You can't help but fall in love with her.
    Did I mention that Teddy was a foster? Pinkerton too?

20. MJ+Donovan

oh geez... :eek:

I just wanted to help her. She was nearby, so I visited the shelter and let them know I was available if they needed assistance. And here she is :roll:.

As for "Oh, she's so sweet and lovable!" um... let's just say she has her quirks. "Brat" and "dammit" are frequent mutterings. I may elaborate more on that later. She does have a spreadsheet, and here's the link if anyone is curious:
    Amour's SS

MJ

21. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Well it's taken me forever to post this but Im glad Amour is out of the closet :lol: :lol: her SS is looking really good.

She is very adorable! You are a saint!

Thinking of you at this very difficult time of year. :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.