5/23 Zoe pmps 391 and +2 322 this is higher and is her #6 cycle Bouncing?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sybil and Zoe, May 23, 2019.

1. Sybil and Zoe

Sybil and Zoe Member

Zoe's numbers were basically same old same old until today they have climbed. Yesterday I was so tired and had been worrying over her the night before not making any progress just like with the vetsulin, I forgot to shut Bella's microchip feeder before work that holds her Young Again dry and I put her some temptation treats in there to keep Zoe away from them. I have to manually open it to put in more food and then manually close it. I put them in (prob 1/8 cup of treats) and Bella must have been sitting on the chest where the feeder sits, so I walked away so she could eat. Zoe always comes running when she hears the bag but she cannot get into it becasue it is programmed to Bellas chip. Normally she is crying so much for food even after breakfast and then when I am putting on my makeup she wants some argan oil. She is unrelenting. I was so tired from lack of good quality sleep that I didnt notice she wasnt crying for my argan oil. When I became aware of her not being around begging I thought it odd (nice but odd). Then I saw a cat sitting at the feeder on the chest by my bed. I assumed it was Bella but as I looked closer in the dim light---it was Zoe!!! I had forgot to shut the feeder so she could not get in. She was munching away. Needless to say she did not bother me again before I left for work because for once she was content. Luckily her numbers did not reflect it yesterday evening on up to nadir territory. But today they are shooting up there. It is the 6th cycle since dose increase and I am due to go up again tomorrow (TR). Should I wait until I see yellows again?

And I have not tested for ketones. I have a ketone monitor for myself. Should I check her with that and what should they be?

2. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Cats are so sneaky! If there was something Jones couldn't have....he was right there!

I didn't do TR but to me it looks like she needs a bump up. Those extra carbs may take a day or two to clear however even her cycle tonight doesn't look like it is going where you need to go. Please Zoe don't take that as a challenge.

Hope you get more opinions soon.

3. Sybil and Zoe

Sybil and Zoe Member

Thanks! Me too. I am still trying to get the hang of posting here as opposed to the main forum. Seems like if you just post amps and +1-+2 etc in title, it doesnt attract attention to get people to look, as opposed to just saying 'Help my kitty got in the carbs" :p

4. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

You can always put a question mark on your title. If I had a question I would put Jones AMPS 100, +2 80 ? how do I ask...

5. Sybil and Zoe

Sybil and Zoe Member

Yea. Well I guess tomorrow morning I will bump her to 3.75. I wont be home to check how it is working past a +2 since I shoot at 6 am and can usually check a +2 at 8am as I run out the door.

As I was typing this I just heard a crash and it was her on the counter knocking off a can of opened food I had covered. She was never a cat that got on counters and never ate peopel food. But she is like a rat going through everything trying to find something to eat now. I catch her on the counters and Alexa will probably report me to social services (lol) for yelling at "Zoe stop that!". haha I never use the Alexa on my Firestick, but they say they(amazon) are listening... I feed her way too much as it is but she is starving and hasnt gained weight since being diagnosed in Oct last year. I bet I feed her 12 oz a day (2- 6 oz cans of Friskies pate) most of the time it is no intentional as she steals if her sister wants wet food and otherwise like now when she is begging so much.

6. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Sneaky cat. You might need to find a new place to feed your other cat. She’s really hungry because she’s not regulated. I’d bump her up in the morning.

7. Sybil and Zoe

Sybil and Zoe Member

yes she is very sneaky! Bella is picky and nondiabetic so I have left her alone with the kibble (albeit Forever Young Mature Zero and some temptation treats.) Sometimes though she asks for wet food and I hate to put it in her microchip feeder upstairs in my bedroom because if she doesnt eat it it will stink. She is a dainty eater and eats only a little bit and walks away. I either have to stand guard and chase Zoe away because the little booger will woof her food down or not even finish hers befoer she races to see what Bella has. Bella is more alpha cat but she spooks away from her food when Zoe approaches. I may move the microchip feeder downstairs and put some wet in it occasionally--Bella is so unpredicatable with the wet food. Face palm!

8. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

My sympathies. I went through similar problems with Max and Tiffany. Not fun!