5/24 Rosie AMPS:94 +3:92 PMPS:94 +4:59 +5:77 Not the best vet news

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA, May 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

Yesterday

So, of course, Rosie has her lowest preshot number this morning since before starting the originla clavamox! That's because we have a vet appointment for her nadir time.

She is very perky this morning. Walking quite well. Maybe the cosequin? Maybe coincidence. LOL!

AFter last night's drama, no peeing on her bed. Just all the usual out-of-the-litterbox places. That was good. Her appetite is good and poo normal. We decided we are going to ask the vet if there is any reason not to schedule an ultrasound and x-ray and see what's up.

Work is just crazy. I have to add another 5K words to my book by mid June. And both my long-term clients decided this was a great time to pile on projects. When I close my eyes at night, I sometimes see words floating.

Vines to everyone who needs them and cheers to the kitties who seem to be coming on down in dose--oh, and nap vines for their beans.

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Rosie just wants to impress the vetty. I hope the visit goes well. Good luck with all your projects.

3. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

DH is on the way back to the vet to pick up Miss Rosie. We had to leave her because her bladder was not big enough to get a urine sample. She wound up peeing on me in the office, though, poor thing.

The vet called back and said when she again applied the low-level (for want of a better word) ultrasound to her bladder, she could see her bladder was bigger than before, but she also thought that she saw that the bladder wall was irregular. She can't tell why yet. That needs a full ultrasound which we are trying to schedule for as soon as we can. But it could be a tumor and she did not want to risk piercing it while getting the urine sample. Rosie had no temp but she has lost between a quarter and a half a pound in the past month. We briefly discussed options if it is a tumor and she felt it would most likely come down to surgery. But she cautioned that Rosie has other conditions to consider as well as her age in making any decision about surgery. DH, Son Bean and I will be getting together to talk about what we think we would and wouldn't be willing to do in case it is a tumor. We have already mainly decided we would not put Rosie through anything extraordianryery at her age. But, of course, that depends on what the vet thinks her situation is.

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug:

5. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

Very sorry to hear this news Lydia. I don't know Rosie's age but I would feel the same way. Sending vines and prayers.

6. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Thank you both, @carfurby and @Shoeskitty. Not a fun place to be right now but Rosie looks happy now that she is home from the Terrible Person Who Pokes Holes in Kitties.

7. Mandarin'sMom

Mandarin'sMom Well-Known Member

Sending lots of vines that they can fit you in for an appointment for the full ultrasound soon and that it will be good news! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

8. granadilla

granadilla Well-Known Member

Paws crossed you can get in quickly for the full ultrasound and get some more information, and that it will be better news. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

9. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

{{{Lydia}}}

I'm sorry the news wasn't better, but our paws are crossed that it turns out to NOT be a tumor and something simple will take care of it. If my math is right (and it often isn't), Rosie is 19, so that would concern me, too, when it comes to anesthesia.

Sending mega vines and prayers and lots of :bighug:s.

10. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

((((Lydia))))
    Worrying times for you all.
    Sending vines and prayers for the Contessa, I hope it turns out to be something else.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

11. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I'm all for not thinking the worst until you have all of the data you need to make decisions. There's a reason why there are vets who specialize in ultrasonography.

12. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

It's great that Miss Rosie is back home and happy. Truly hoping for no tumor and she continues to be her happy spunky self. Sending lots of vines and prayers to Rosie and your family. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

13. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Beautiful surf that Rosie is on. A PMPS of 94 makes the beans happy. She's quite perky and has a very good appetite.

Thank you, everyone, for checking in on us.

14. Peg and Toby

Peg and Toby Well-Known Member

Sending vines for Rosie that everything turns out well.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

15. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I like hearing perky and good appetite. Listen to Rosie, I know you will. She is feeling good and living in the today. :bighug::bighug:

Your vet sounds like a good sensible one to wait for a full ultrasound.

16. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Sending many vines to Rosie!

17. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

What a beautiful surf today Miss Rosie!!:D:D:D

Especially considering there was that awful trip to the Terrible Person Who Pokes Holes in Kitties!!

I know it's easy to say "don't worry until you know what's going on", but I'm going to say it anyway.....it sounds like today's vet didn't really get too great of a picture so try to think positive until you can get the "official" ultrasound done

Sending our best vines for a good report when you get it!!

18. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hugs Lydia and then more hugs. The full ultrasound can't come too soon to give you the information you need . Sending vines to Rosie , you and Son bean. And beautiful cycle today.

19. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Rosie, you are lookin' good. We are thinking good thoughts for your big ultrasound.

Lydia, one day at a time.

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Ella & Rusty

20. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

21. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

Step by step. Might have to high step a bit to get over all the vines that are collecting at your house. But still, step by step.

For now, enjoy the great numbers, the perky kitty, and the good appy.

Hugs.

Marilyn and Polly

22. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Today has been peculiar foodwise for Rosie. Having to be at the Terrible Person's meant messing up her eating schedule. And she really chowed down in the afternoon. I figured I didn't care so much when she ate today as long as she ate. At just minutes shy of +4, she came and finished up some food that was out and so I grabbed her the minute she was done and tested her saying I know perfectly well it takes more than 1 minute for food to reach her bloodstream. And then I get a 59! Now, she marches back into the kitchen and demands MORE food! I am going to test her again at +5, but she's got a lot of LC on board right now.

Friends, it means a lot to have all your kind words. And all those vines to trip over. Still waiting to hear if we can get her in on Thursday for the ultrasound. The vet who does them has been on a two week vacation and just got back so there is a bit of a backlog.

23. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

And with that 77 at +5, the bean is off to bed.

24. Chrys & Stomper

Chrys & Stomper Well-Known Member

Hugs Lydia. I hope all goes well with the ultrasound and it isn't anything major :bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.