? 5/27 Zoe TR amps 309 +6 277 blood ketone 0.3

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sybil and Zoe, May 27, 2019.

1. Sybil and Zoe

Sybil and Zoe Member

I am still trying to break out of the pinks and yellows with Lantus with not much headway. Seems her curves are sort of flat. I am feeding her 1/4 can friskies about every 2 hours or so and it seems to keep her a little more quiet though I have only been doing it through the nadir in the mornings. In doing my own thing with insulin resistence and ketogenic diet I am learning the old "eat every 3 hours" that we have always been told as humans is wrong-- as it encourages insulin release. Naturally I wonder if it is bad for the kitty as well. I am glad to see she is ok on her ketone level which I have checked 2x with the TR protocol. She is just a tough customer when it comes to lowering her BG. To the well respected experienced kitty diabetic moms out there, am I approaching this TR thing correctly?

2. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

She is a tortie....mind of their own sometimes.

I didn't use TR but it looks right to me. You are getting a curve...just not lowering the overall numbers that much yet. I would say keep doing what you are doing and hopefully you break through soon.

3. Sybil and Zoe

Sybil and Zoe Member

Thanks for your reply on this holiday! Naturally Im just disappointed not more action on the days I have been off watching her