5/28 | Darwin - update + photos!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tasha & Darwin, May 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tasha & Darwin

Tasha & Darwin Well-Known Member

Condo

Happy Memorial Day L&LL

I am happy to report that Darwin continues to do well, and continues to enjoy his low BGs :joyful:

He's become quite the precocious little fellow, I must say! From a cat who would touch his dry kibbles after they touched canned food - it's hard to believe what a little piggy this boy has become! I have had to be stern with him regarding his attempts to steal his brother's food every evening - he's so naughty :rolleyes::joyful::p I've also stopped my attempts to add more RadCat proteins - he simply does not tolerate even the tiniest bit of any flavor except chicken and turkey. I did add in some Merrick canned pate (duck, beef) for some protein variety, and he is enjoying those.

We were gifted THREE beautiful, new cat towers from a dear friend who owns a wonderful pet furniture company, and Darwin couldn't be more thrilled. He runs up and down them as if he were a kitten again! He has even been playing with his little mice toys that he hasn't touched in YEARS! I think his mouth feels so much better (and he's not overweight anymore, so that helps!)

I'm posting this photo because I think it captures his new "king of the castle" attitude :joyful::joyful:
    IMG_1430.JPG

Here's a sweet photo of Darwin and civvie, Maddie enjoying their tower!
    IMG_1591.JPG

2. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Fabulous update!! That's great the cats were gifted new towers! What you said of Darwin racing up and down the tower is exactly what Rex is doing with ours. He has gotten confident in himself when the extra weight came off. :cat::cat:

Sue and Luci and Tasha & Darwin like this.
  3. Tasha & Darwin

It’s so great to see them like that, isn’t it? It’s so nice to see them change so much for the better!

Mandy & Rex (GA) likes this.
  4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

What a great update. I'm glad Darwin is doing so well. What a nice gift of the cat towers. I love the pictures.

Tasha & Darwin likes this.
  5. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Wonderful update. New towers how nice.

6. Phoebes (GA)

Phoebes (GA) Well-Known Member

Love that 'tude!! Great update

7. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Wonderful update on Darwin and his civvie and their new furniture! I hope that in time he will allow you to add another protein to his mix. Have you tried pork? My two went crazy over it. I get Smithfield pork loins as they are low in sodium freeze them for a few days in portions enough for 2-3 days and cut them up and add the EZcomplete to each portion before feeding. Both boys are crazy about pork.

Sue and Luci and Tasha & Darwin like this.
  8. Tasha & Darwin

I hope so, too! My next tactic is to try pork + EZ Complete, actually. He was violently ill with just the tiniest amount of RadCat in any variety except chicken and turkey :(

9. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Great update, love his king of the castle pose.
    :kiss:

10. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

So nice to see a Darwin update, and the pictures are a bonus! Wow, THREE cat trees? Your kitties hit the jackpot!

This is always the best thing - to see them go back to behaviors from before they were sick. Makes your heart all warm and fuzzy, doesn't it? :woot:

Good luck with the diet experiments. I hope you can find some proteins that he will eat that won't upset his tummy.

11. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Love, love love the photo of The King! I should have taken one yesterday of The Queen...laying out full length on my glass coffee table - just wanted to show me who's in charge around here :) Great tower too!:D:D

12. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

What a lucky boy he is, not one but 3 new cat towers?! It’s going to all go to his head soon! :joyful:

They look adorable and happy in their new tree. Glad to hear another great Darwin report. Eating is a whole new exciting world when you don’t have rotten teeth bothering you, eh Darwin? ;)

13. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Great pictures! Lookin' good here. I hope the "King of the Tower" will like pork.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.