5/28 Jubalee-OTJ 5/14 AMBG 217=131/+3.5

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Kadie (Juba's Mom), May 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kadie (Juba's Mom)

Kadie (Juba's Mom) Member

Good day everyone,

So...I have absolutely no idea what's going on with Jubalee.
    About 10 days ago her numbers started creeping up into the 200's. So we made an appointment with our vet and was able to get her in later that morning.
    Out vet ran a full blood scan, checked her teeth, urine sample, bladder, etc. Everything was in the normal range except for her lymphocytes were elevated. Our vet seemed to feel there wasn't any pancreatitis occurring since all those numbers (bilirubin) were in the normal range.
    So together we figured maybe it was what she was eating. So I took away all the poultry meats, and started her on salmon. Which her numbers fell into beautiful early blues and green.
    So I started slowly introducing poultry back in. Starting with turkey. Which her numbers were still great. Then I introduced chicken, and although she was higher in the mornings, she went down into the mid greens about 4 hours later.
    So yesterday we had some friends come over for about half an hour, Juba immediately hid, and her numbers that evening were elevated.
    So I took away the chicken, only giving her turkey.
    This morning she was in the 200's...great.
    I only fed her turkey, and her numbers dropped.
    So I'm wondering if chicken is a contender...

Advice on what I should do??
    Help?

2. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

She could have developed an allergy to chicken, if it's raises her BG don't feed it. Also ensure that whatever the food is its under 10% carbs. If the chicken food you are feeding contains cereals or suchlike that is likely to be the problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.