5/29 Tommy +8.5 414~.5R,+10 365(+2R),11 314 (+3R)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lauren&Tommy (GA), May 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lauren&Tommy (GA)

Lauren&Tommy (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday
    [​IMG]... Wheeeeeeeeeeee!!! Lukz at me go Mommy, watch me bounce so high and denz disappear and denz ooops! here I am aginz~~Tommy

Now look here Tommy, just because it's a holiday weekend does not give you the right to have a (bouncing) Parteeeeeah!! like it's 1999 :lol: :lol:
    [​IMG]

What else can you do!!!!
    I hope everyone is continuing to have a wonderful Memorial Weekend ;-)

2. Karrie and Maverick

Karrie and Maverick Well-Known Member

Re: 5/29 Tommy AMPS 447~f.25R

LOL.

Just popping in to say hi to you and Tommy. *waving*

3. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

'Morning Squirrel. I hate to show my ignorance, but I've never known what R means. Humulin?
    What would f.25R, mean?

4. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi guys! Tommy, time to come down a bit now!! Hey Squirrel, thanks for the mockingbirds! I hope that Tommy will decide to get with the program today!! At least he's on the charts. Let's see what happens.

Ella & Rusty

5. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Hey!! Tommy is looking real good--Good day yesterday :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    Happy Holiday weekend! Love the cartoons :mrgreen: --Hugs from us!

6. Lauren&Tommy (GA)

Re: 5/29 Tommy AMPS 447~f.25R,+2R 431

Hey Karrie, It's nice to hear from you again. Thank you for dropping in to say hi... Right back at ya! I'm glad you enjoyed my humor this a.m. I hope that Victoria and Henry are doing well :D :D

Barb, I don't think your showing ignorance at all. I had no idea what it was until I needed to use it for Tommy :D .. Yes, it is Humulin R.. It is a very powerful fast acting insulin that last about 4hrs.. Just enough time in the system until the Lantus can take over and help Tommy from maybe bouncing so high.. Sometimes i can catch it, other times i don't. It just makes it easier on him if he doesn't go from one extreme to another.. The f.25R is a fat .25 dose.. not 1/2u but a little more than a drop.It just means i tried to go a little heavy on the .25 side of it.. The R is just to signify that he has been given it. I hope i didn't confuse you even more.. I've never had that asked before, but thank you for wanting to know.
    I hope you are having a good morning as well!! :D :D

Ella, you are so welcome.. I must have missed one though.. Day 3 of singing.. His poor vocal chords have got to be getting tired.. I don't mind, they do make beautiful sounds. I hope your right and Tommy does get with the program today. Thank you for the good wishes.

Roni, What else was there to do this morning but make light of it :D :D I'm glad you enjoyed my little presentation of Tommy's icky red colors this morning..
    I would love another day like yesterday. Big Hugs from us too :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

7. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 5/29 Tommy AMPS 447~f.25R,+2R 431, +5 393

Hi, I love the animation and your sense of humor, too! I'm glad you explained about the HumulinR. I didn't understand it either but have seen some others use it. I hope Tommy comes down. BTW, thanks for your thoughts in my condo yesterday on my adding another pal kitty for Maggie . I went to bed early and did not see it until early morning. I guess I will need to sleep on it a bit. I worry it may stress her out too much in the beginning. Have a wonderful day.

8. Patty & Champ

Patty & Champ Well-Known Member

Hi Squirrel!!! Just wanted to say Happy Sunday!! :D Looks like Tommy still wants to be on the mountaintop, but at leasts he's coming down slowly for you. Hope your Sunday is da bomb!! :lol:

9. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

good morning squirrel - and you too, tommy! silly boy - isn't it funny how they zoom up and hang out up there on the rooftop! come on down now tommy!

loved the cartoon! yes, all you can do is be cheerful and keep putting one foot in front of the other. gets us through life, doesn't it?

have a great day - i'm off to a graduation party for a boy that i've known since he was born - he's 3 days older than my son, although they're such different kids as they got older they didn't hang out together any more. but it should be fun!

10. Lauren&Tommy (GA)

Re: 5/29 Tommy +5 393, +8.5 414~.5R

Absolutely no marked improvement from this morning even with the help of .25R. So for the first time, I just gave him .5R to see if this will help control the climb since he's past the downhill part of his day.. Wish us luck. I sure would like to know why these good colors aren't lasting very long any more.. I feel so bad for his little body and the stress this has to be putting him under..

I want to throw a question out there about blood? I just noticed it today and i was wondering if any one else has this happen with their kitty.. I test Tommy's left ear and left ear only. Just this morning I noticed that it seemed a bit thinner than normal. Is this the AB's he's taking or does it just happen some times?

Ann, Humor is what is getting me through all of this, and of course all of you :D I hope I did an ok job explaining R. There are others that do that much more eloquently and scientifically than do I.
    I completely understand that reasoning. Good luck with whatever path you choose.. Maggie is a sweetheart and you're lucky to have each other.

Patty and Julie: Girls, Girls! What on earth would i do with out your sense of humor as well.. Mountain tops and zooming upward are forbidden in the household :lol: Julie I hope you enjoy the graduation party. I hope you do have a great time..

11. Tracy & Leo

Tracy & Leo Well-Known Member

Hi Squirrel....and you too handsome Tommy!

Now what the heck are you doing up there Tommy? Me thinks its time to cmon down and make your momma happy! :D

Your humor put a smile on my face......its awesome!

I don't know anything about thin blood, interesting tho. I notice the color of Leo's blood sometimes changes (dark red to light red), but never consistancy.

Have a great evening!

12. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

It looks like the larger dose of R brought Tommy down a bit.

I've noticed that Gabby's blood may vary in color. The change in consistency may be due to there being some lymph or fluid in the area from the poking. Probably with the poking, we break some cells and the fluid from inside the cells hasn't completely reabsorbed.

13. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Squirrel. Thanks for the explanation. I knew what the f.25 was. Checkers has been up and down the insulin scales with the fats and skinnys. I didn't know what the R was. I also didn't know that some cats get the Humulin, in addition to Lantus. I thought it was a totally different insulin, like Lev is.

Checkers' blood color and consistency changes also. I've never tried to figure out the cause. I ain't scientifically minded. :D

14. bev5477

bev5477 Well-Known Member

Hi Squirrel, It's been a few days since I've been around and wanted to check in on you and Tommy. I have experienced a similar thing as you did: I'll give some R and it seems as if I never did. The numbers don't really show any difference. I see that happened to you with Tommy today. Weird? I wonder why. Maybe the numbers were on their way up pretty fast and the R just held them steady instead of lowering them. One never knows around here :roll: Have a good night.

15. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Hey dear Lauren!!! How is your evening going? Love the dancing kitty and I LOVE PRINCE!!!

I hope Tommy comes down for you tonight. You are doing an awesome job with your attitude and you all are right...whatcha gonna do? Oh...I know....I either eat chocolate or have a drink :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Kidding....uh, well sometimes :lol: :lol: If I tempted to do either, I remind myself that I have to take care of Gracie and I have to be healthy to do it but man sometimes it is SOOOOO a chocolate or drink moment :lol: :lol:

Hope you and Mark and all your lovely critters have a great evening.

16. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Loved the morning post - :D :D You have the best attitude - nice to see! have a great rest of the day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.