5/31 Rosie AMBG:167 +8.5:103 PMPS:117 +4:111 Very Bad News

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA, May 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Ugh. Bad day so far. I reset my alarm so I could get up at PM+8.5 and make sure Rosie finished all her +9 snack BY +9 because that was the cut-off for eating. Well, I must have accidentally hit PM instead of AM and I woke up at +9,5. SHe had eaten half the food--not sure when after the feeder opened (+8.5) and I picked up the rest. Of course, she threw up a little foam at 15 mins prior to AMBG and was very hungry. Her BG number was quite high, too.

No blood in her urine yesterday or today. This seems cyclical. But it breaks my heart that she pees where she sleeps. The real pattern is nap, wake up, pee (this can be in the bed, on the way to the box, or in the box), then return to the LB every few minutes for about 10 minutes. Repeat about once an hour.

Okay. I'm gonna stop obsessing on here. We should know something this afternoon. :nailbiting:

2. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

((HUGS)) and prayers for some answers and good results. :bighug: :bighug:

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Wishing you and Rosie good results with the test today and hope you don't have to wait to long for the result. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:.

5. Chrys & Stomper

Chrys & Stomper Well-Known Member

So sorry about the LB problems she is having lately. Thinking of you both today and hoping for good results from the ultrasound :bighug::bighug:

6. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Many prayers for Rosie today that you will get a good repot.

7. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

Prayers and vines for a good report.

8. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

I hope they find the issue and it's something easily treatable. Poor Rosie. I'm sure she's just as bothered by it as you are.

Sending lots of vines and :bighug:s.

9. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

more prayers here....

10. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Hugs and prayers...

11. granadilla

granadilla Well-Known Member

Hugs and vines coming your way. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

12. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

No results yet.

She was home by +6.5 and she ate but had to be coaxed a bit. We let her rest and tested at +8.5. I fed her again but she did not eat much. She also was not interested in ging outside although it is beautiful out. I wonder if the shaved tummy is not making her happy. Got her miralax and cosequin into her in the food when she came home.

13. Mandarin'sMom

Mandarin'sMom Well-Known Member

It's been a big day for your little girl, she might just need some time to rest. Glad that she ate something when sh came home though.

...and I am continuing to send mega-vines for good results! :bighug:

14. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Friends, I am so sad to report that Rosie has a very large tumor in her bladder. Since she is just two months short of 20 and has heart issues and thyroid problems, we had decided beforehand no surgery. The vet was not optimistic about surgery in any event due to the size and location of the mass. He is going to talk with the other vet tomorrow and see what they recommend about the possibility of some pain relief but he said that was a very, very short term thing.

I have really been suspicious given how she has been declining every day. I'm very sad and at the same time relieved that we have SOME sort of answer to why she suddenly started declining. Thank you all for all your vines I know you all understand. Even though I expected this, I am--we all are--reeling a bit.

15. Andy & Pimp

Andy & Pimp Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry Lydia. I hope you can keep her comfortable until she's ready to go.
    :bighug:

16. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

(((Lydia))) I am so very sorry. Cancer sucks. I hope the vets can come up with a plan to make her comfortable. Please kiss the top of that cute head for me.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

jayla-n-Drevon likes this.
  17. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

Lydia, I am so very sorry! I hope you and DH have some more good times with her before it is her time to cross. Hugs, scritches to Rosie, and vines and prayers.:bighug::bighug:

18. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

Lydia I am so so sorry for the bad news. Sending prayers and strength that you can have more quality time with Rosie.

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

19. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry. I hope you can make her comfortable. Make the most of each day you have with her and try not to think about anything else. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

20. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

{{{Lydia}}}

I am so very sorry to read this news. I think your no surgery decision was a good one. Hopefully you will be able to keep her comfortable and enjoy at least a few more days with her. She will let you know when it's time. My heart is just breaking for you. Know that we are all here for you during this very difficult time. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

21. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

So sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

22. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Dear Lydia, All your friends here are sending big hugs to you and lots of gentle scritches to your girl. My heart is hurting for you. Rosie is such a terrific kitty and we know that she will tell you when it is time to say farewell.

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Ella & Rusty

23. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Oh no!!!! Lydia, this news is so very sad. Not Rosie! I am so sad for you and your family and Rosie to have to go through this. Sending hugs and prayers for strength in the coming days. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

24. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry, Lydia....many hugs and prayers from us.

25. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

((Lydia)) I'm so very sorry for the heart breaking news. Rosie is an amazing 19 yr old who has the best mama bean! I hope they can keep her comfortable and you enjoy each and every day with her as you always have. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

26. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

Lydia.... I am so sorry to see this...
    I don't even have words to express .... I know you will keep sweet Rosie comfortable and she trusts you.
    Our hearts are with you.....every day is a gift and you are an amazing bean:bighug::bighug:

27. granadilla

granadilla Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug:((Lydia)) so very sorry to hear the news about the Contessa. I hope they can help you make her comfortable. She'll tell you when it's time. :bighug::bighug:

28. Chrys & Stomper

Chrys & Stomper Well-Known Member

I'm so very sorry to read this news Lydia. My heart is just breaking for you and your family :(:(:(
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

29. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Lydia!! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

So very sorry to hear this kind of news...I know we were all hoping for something better

We all hope she has much more time to share with you, but we also know that you'll never let her suffer. Just the fact that she's approaching 20 years old says the world about how good of a bean you've been to her.

30. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

I am so sorry. It's a sad day.
    Liz

31. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Good old Rosie. She's flat catting it even with a skipped shot and a bad day.

Her appetite is not great. But we keep trying! I'm going to let her eat when she wants to. Not worrying about pre shot values right now. Just her comfort. I just can't believe how fast she is declining. We won't let her suffer. That's for sure. Honestly, I think we are talking days and it is kind of stunning. Just the other day, she perked up and chased a chipmunk. And now she is hiding away most of the time. It's so sad.

Thank you for all the kind words. Please forgive me if I don't make it to too many condos tonight.

Chrys & Stomper likes this.
  32. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Lydia, I am so sorry to read this. :(. Hugs to you, lots of cuddles and scritches and head butts for Rosie.

33. mucacopatarica

mucacopatarica Well-Known Member

OMG :( I am so sorry to see this. :arghh: Sending you hugs and vines and everything. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

34. smilelari

smilelari Member

I am so sorry that this was the news :(

35. Asrael

Asrael Well-Known Member

Sending so much love and light :bighug::bighug::bighug: I am so sorry to hear this.

36. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry. Focus on enjoying your time together. And tell the chipmunks not to run so fast.

37. Suzi_S

Suzi_S Well-Known Member

Oh, Lydia.... :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: I am so sorry. Special vines to you and Rosie

38. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:I'm so sorry about Rosie's diagnosis :(

39. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry (((((Lydia)))))) Big hugs to you.
    Give Rosie as much love as you possibly can.
    I'll be keeping you and Rosie in my thoughts and prayers.

40. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Lydia, I am so sorry to read this news about Rosie. Hugs to you and extra scritches for Rosie.

41. Mandarin'sMom

Mandarin'sMom Well-Known Member

Lydia, I am so incredibly sorry about Rosie's diagnosis. Sending you lots of vines and thinking of you and Rosie-girl. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

42. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Lydia, I am so very sorry to read your sad news.:bighug:

43. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

((((Lydia))))
    I'm so sorry. I always feel completely inarticulate at times like this. Treasure the time you have with Rosie and cherish the memories you will be making.

44. Kako & Tux

Kako & Tux Well-Known Member

:bighug: Lydia :bighug: Rosie :bighug:

Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
  45. Mocha aka Cold Play

Mocha aka Cold Play Well-Known Member

Lydia, my heart aches for you. Cherish every moment is the lesson life keeps reminding us. Hugs!

46. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Shoot. Darn cancer. Since it could be lymphoma I'd ask about prednisolone. I know it will mess with her BG but might have the beneficial side effect of acting like a appy stimulant and make her feel better. I'm so sorry and sad for you. These kitties just don't deserve to spend the golden years battling so much. Prayers and vines for some good quality time. :bighug:

47. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

Holding you both in the light. Just so sad.

Marilyn and Polly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.