? 5/31 Turner (alphatrack) AMPS:261, +6:211, +8:212, PMPS:226, +3:164

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by smilelari, May 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smilelari

smilelari Member

We've been waiting to bump up Turner's dose because I thought we were probably clearing a bounce. We're still over 200, but it seems like the numbers are pretty flat. Are we probably beyond the bounce? Go ahead and increase?

I also have new Lantus in my hands. The old lantus seems fine but it has been in use for 6 months now. Toss it?

Last post

Last edited: May 31, 2016
  2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Here is your last post here: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...-pmps-91-20-min-178-1-144-3-102-5-134.158342/

I usually wait six cycles after the last green before increasing, looks like you've done that and could increase. But I would try the new vial first, and if you don't see a major change, then do the increase. But since he got to the 70's on the existing vial, it's probably still OK. The other option is to increase and after a few cycles of the increase, try the new vial. You don't want to do new insulin and an increase at the same time.

Now that Turner is at 5 units, you can move to .5 unit increases if it's a cycle you can monitor.

And lastly, sometimes a flat yell cycle can mean an active one to follow. If he is still yellow at PMPS, I might wait one more cycle before making changes.

3. smilelari

smilelari Member

I'll see what he is at PMPS and then maybe not change a thing. And then maybe start the new vial in the morning and make sure that doesn't change things. And then increase if nothing changes.

I wish we weren't getting up so high with the dosing.

4. Wendy&Neko

Cats need the insulin they need. We have a wide range here. I found it helpful to focus on the blood sugar numbers, not the dose. :bighug:

smilelari likes this.
  5. Asrael

Asrael Well-Known Member

Good luck with the increase:) Turner is so cute :)

6. smilelari

smilelari Member

And we have some blue with the evening cycle

Do you all usually monitor pretty close when you switch to a new vial? Debating whether to swap for the new one in the morning or wait until evening. We both are away from the house for work tomorrow

7. Wendy&Neko

Depends whether I think the old vial is probably OK or not. If I'm seeing wierd numbers and suspect the vial/cartridge/pen might be an issue, then I monitor more closely. It's very rarely been an issue with the insulin for me, but I have seen fresh juice make a difference.

smilelari likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.