Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eeraby

eeraby Member

2. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: ReliOn Syringes (Walmart/Sam's)

Thanks. I just emailed them, and called my store. They said they have a couple hundred with the 1/2 unit marks, so I put in a request for a refill right away.

3. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link, when I went to Walmart here to restock Musette on syringes they told me they no longer carry the ones with the half unit marks because the one little girl in town that uses them no longer comes in there. <bangs head> So ended up ordering Musette's online.

So if it isn't just my little backwoods town that has stopped carrying them I'll email them too, and add my voice to the choir.

Mel, Maxwell, Musette & The Fur Gang

4. Julia & Bandit (GA)

Julia & Bandit (GA) Well-Known Member

Even if they're not in stock, the pharmacy should still be able to order them for you. It only takes a couple days for them to come in. They never have them in stock when I go so I always call a couple days ahead.

5. eeraby

eeraby Member

6. Christie & Willie (GA)

Christie & Willie (GA) Well-Known Member

ReliOn is not a manufacturer, but rather is Walmart's house brand label that is slapped on specific products made by others (for example, the Relion Confirm meter is a branded version of the Arkray Glucocard 01). They may have gone to a different manufacturer that doesn't use 1/2u markings for their syringes.

7. Julia & Bandit (GA)

Julia & Bandit (GA) Well-Known Member

Did the Sam's club pharmacy say that they couldn't even order you the ones with half-unit markings, that they would no longer have them at all ? I ask because Walmart has the 3/10cc with and without half-unit markings. One time they gave the ones without markings by mistake and I had to return them. I don't want to disparage Walmart employees but...their pharmacy clerks give out a lot of wrong information and I have to double check every order I make there, which is why I recently switched Bandit's prescriptions over to my pharmacy at Wegmans (I found out insulin and syringes are the same price there as Walmart w/o insurance). If you didn't speak to a pharmacist directly, I would double check and make sure the clerk gave you correct information.

8. eeraby

eeraby Member

9. doombuggy

doombuggy Well-Known Member

went to the Walmart on Turkey Lake Rd in Orlando and they did NOT have them. I was never able to find any around here with 1/2 unit markings...checked CVS, Target, Wal-Mart and Publix.

10. Ginny & Alex

Ginny & Alex Well-Known Member

I sent an email to the Relion folks and got a response that they had no plans to quit making the syringes for 1/2 inch markings. The lady also asked where I had heard that they would no longer be available at WalMart. I told her about this website and told her lots of folks would be disappointed if they were discontinued.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.