6/1 Gordy AMPS 207, +2=288

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by CassAndGordy(GA), Jun 1, 2019.

1. CassAndGordy(GA)

CassAndGordy(GA) Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/5-26-gordy-amps-180.214897/

Sorry for the gap in posting... wasn't too much to report.

Gordy survived his trip home. He panted for a while before he settled on the floor of the front passenger side. Allowed me to turn on the feet vents and he had AC right on him. He was very cold when we got home LOL

His numbers have kind of sucked this week. Those pink PS are no bueno. I am considering an increase but I know Gordy likes to play games with my trust and I am apprehensive about it.

He had his one month follow up for his thyroid stuff today (another $300 gone :rolleyes:). They are doing a whole new Senior Panel... which I am surprised for but hey, at least it'll be more data. He is also going to have numbers tested for his heart health. I showed the vet a video of a cough he has been doing for about a year. This cough is never "productive" and I can't ever get him to stop by petting him. (Sometimes I can calm his coughs with some pets and he'll stop.) She is pretty sure is asthma... great. But we're doing the heart test to rule out that. Adding more meds, especially a steroid, to his regiment doesn't sound fun. But asthma isn't fun either. We are thinking his intense, dramatic reaction to the trip last weekend was exacerbated by this. :banghead::banghead::banghead: i did express concerns about using a steroid and she says she has one that she's used in diabetics that doesn't appear to affect numbers... we'll see. Its on the back burner for now until the tests come back.

He was a good boy and didn't need sedation! BP was 180, which she said for the anxious state he was in, is okay.

I didn't tell them I cut his thyroid meds down to 1.25mg/BID .... whoops ;)

That's all for now I guess....

2. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

That's a nice update! Hope tests results will be good!

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope you get good test results back.

4. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed for the test results!