6/1 Rosie AMPS:127 +4:121 PMPS:110 +4:92 More News, None Good

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA, Jun 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

Yesterday's No Good Very Bad News Day

First off, thank you so much to everyone who stopped in yesterday to offer vines, prayers and empathy. It means a lot to me. Let me hug you all back. :bighug:

We were thinking yesterday that Rosie has been with our family since just a few weeks after we moved into this house. The kids were young then and we were in a rare no-pets period, having recently lost our kitty at age 17. They wanted gerbils. So off we went to a pet store. We couldn't find any and went to another pet store. (Neither of these sold dogs or cats, so we thought). In the second store, in the middle of an aisle, was a large, tall cage with four kittens from a single litter in it. That was it. The kids were in love and so were we, so we broke our no-pet-store rule and chose the two sweetest of the kittens--Basil and Rosie. The owner said they were the litter from a neighbor's cat, which is how I know Rosie is NOT from Barcelona despite her claims. The next day, we took the kittens to the vet, the one who called us yesterday with the bad news and is himself retiring in two weeks. No real point to that story. Just brain droppings.

Rosie is pretty good. That girl has the spunk! She is eating like an animal who is humgry but "troubled" by foods, so I have to keep rotating and offering small snacks. She gave me some nose kisses today and showed up on her own for her AM test and shot.

The second vet called this morning and said she and the first would confer and get back to us in the afternoon with their thoughts.

Sending vines to those who need them today. We have so many people coping with unhappy news. How fortunate we all are to have this group for support.

2. Chrys & Stomper

Chrys & Stomper Well-Known Member

Thank you for sharing that beautiful memory with us Lydia. Sending you and Rosie all the love, light, hugs and prayers that I can :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

That's a wonderful story of how Rosie and Basil came to be with you. She's had a wondeful life with you. I hope you get more quality time with her for as long as possible. It's hard to lose a "senior" kitty, but I wouldn't change a thing with my cats and am grateful for every year I have them. Sending prayers as your family cherishes your time with Rosie. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. Dawn and Peek-a-Boo (GA)

Dawn and Peek-a-Boo (GA) Member

I agree, thank you for sharing. Love that you received some nose kisses today...aren't those the best? Sending hugs and my thoughts to you and your family, Lydia. :bighug::bighug:

Dawn

5. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Very glad you gave into that no pet rule and so is Rosie and Basil. Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers and glad to hear she's giving kisses and eating her fuds!

6. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Thank you for sharing that story with us! Adopting Rosie and Basil was obviously meant to be!
    Lots of light and vines and hugs to you!:bighug::bighug::bighug:

7. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

I, too, loved reading your "Gotcha" story of Rosie and Basil. Memories like that tend to come to the surface when we are faced with a health crisis with our babies. Those are the ones that make you smile and help you cope. Feel free to share any others that come along. We all enjoy reading them!

I'm glad Rosie seems to be feeling well. I'll never forget what my vet told me the day she gave me Minka's renal lymphoma diagnosis: "She doesn't know she has cancer. Don't tell her." In other words, let her live each day simply enjoying it, and not worrying about what's to come. Wish that we could all do the same. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

jayla-n-Drevon and granadilla like this.
  8. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

Obviously, you do something right in caring for the kitties!! I loved the entire condo!

jayla-n-Drevon likes this.
  9. billysmom (GA)

billysmom (GA) Member

I loved your story. Memories are so precious. My thoughts are with you.

10. Mandarin'sMom

Mandarin'sMom Well-Known Member

That's great advice! Dogs and cats live in the moment. They love their routine and cuddling with their beans and enjoying special snacks. And, thankfully, they don't fret over what might have been and what is to come. I hope that Rosie and you still have lots of quality time together and get to enjoy the special bond that you have.

11. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

We had another conference with the vet today, who spoke at length with the radiologist. He said that Rosie is at risk for a blockage and that would be, of course, very painful. He said she also showed changes indicative of a possible blockage forming. Since Rosie is now literally dripping urine when she pees instead of producing a stream (new as of today) and spending a lot of time licking at her nether region, we are very concerned. Plus while she had a better-looking morning, she is having trouble getting and staying comfortable this afternoon.

Putting all that together with the fact that the vet's prediction for "how long" was "at most a week or two," we have made an appointment for the vet to come here Friday to put her to sleep peacefully.

It has been less than six weeks since we noticed the first sign of blood in her urine. So we have a little time to cram in lots of love and special treats--even some gravy foods and yogurt. Tears all around here.

12. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

I'm crying here in AZ for you. Wish there was something to do/ say Lydia. Live it up Rosie girl...party like the super star you are :bighug::bighug::bighug:

13. Chrys & Stomper

Chrys & Stomper Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry Lydia :(
    :bighug::bighug::bighug:

14. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Dear ((((Lydia & DH)))),
    Rosie will be grateful when you give her that ultimate gift of love. It is so hard for us beans, but for our kitties, they are beginning their new adventure. And we know that Rosie's adventure will be one fabulous adventure--to suit a fabulous kitty.
    Thank you for telling Rosie's and Basil's story. I am one of the oldtimers who remembers Basil well. He and Rosie will be reunited at the Bridge and for them it will be a joyful occasion. Treasure that thought when you say your farewell.

Thinking of you all and sending vines of comfort for Rosie,

Hugs and scritches,

Ella & Rusty

15. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

(((LYDIA))) Grab every second that you can and store all those wonderful memories to help you as you move towards the most painful part of love. I feel so sad for you to have so little time, but you will be giving Rosie the greatest and hardest gift of love.

Rosie has indeed been blessed with such a loving family.

Sending many prayers, hugs and strength for you and your family. Special scritches for Rosie.

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

16. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

17. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

Tears falling for you from KY! I hope that you can keep Rosie comfortable and happy until her time is here. I know that you and DH will cherish these next few days! Hugs!

18. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

((Lydia, DH and younger beans)) Tears on my keyboard.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

What a beautiful story of how Rosie and Basil came home. I hope you get some more beautiful memories as you continue to spoil and lavish her with attention with the time you have left together.

19. mucacopatarica

mucacopatarica Well-Known Member

Crying...thats awful. Beautiful story. You are great parent to Rosie and she knows how much you love her.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

20. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

It's a sweet story of how Basil and Rosie came to live with you, it was their lucky day. I am very sorry about the news from the vet, it's never easy to say goodbye but, as Ella said, it will be a relief for Rosie. Hugs.
    Liz

21. Peg and Toby

Peg and Toby Well-Known Member

Lydia, so sorry about Rosie. Hugs and Prayers to you and your family. Cherish the time you have left. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

22. Mandarin'sMom

Mandarin'sMom Well-Known Member

(((Lydia))), I am so sorry about this latest update. Tears are falling here too. Give Rosie some scratches from Walter, Mandarin and me and tell her that we love her. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

23. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers to all your family at this very sad time. It's a horrible decision to have to make, but the ultimate gift of love for your sweet girl. Fill her days with love and snuggles.:bighug:

24. Dawn and Peek-a-Boo (GA)

Dawn and Peek-a-Boo (GA) Member

I'm teary-eyed here too....Lydia, I just want to say how fortunate you are to have the time to say your goodbyes and have some control as to when you help sweet Rosie cross...I will be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Kisses and scritches coming for Rosie...I am so very sorry.

Dawn :bighug:

25. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Oh Lydia I am so very sorry. This is a horrible decision to make yet you know it's the right one. Make the most of the remaining time with her. Give her lots of kisses and scritches from Boomer and I. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

26. granadilla

granadilla Well-Known Member

Tears here in Cali too. I'm so so sorry to hear the latest. I know you'll cherish every moment with the darling Contessa. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

27. saltycat

saltycat Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear about the update. I dread the day I have to have *that* conversation. Be strong and enjoy the remaining time. I lost a close family member years ago and people always said it was so hard to see her decline. I tried to think differently and said, yes, but I had time to say goodbye and be with her, which I thought was better then a sudden unexpected loss with no hugs and goodbyes.
    :bighug: Know that you did everything you could for Rosie and gave her a wonderful home and family to be with. :bighug:

28. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Ah, Rosie, still playing flat cat. What a good girl! She ate some of her dinner(s) and is resting.

I just can't say how grateful I am that when we came across my kids' cloth diapers in the attic this summer (they are 27 and 31) I kept them! They are a lifesaver. All of her beds are lined with them and I can whisk them out and launder them once a day.

29. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

Somehow I missed your post yesterday, Lydia, so I'm late to offer my support and tell you how sorry I am that Rosie's so ill. That just plain sucks. I feel so sad.

Your story of how you got her and Basil is very sweet - a memory to treasure. At one point we had an even 12 pets when our kids were young. Somehow you end up saying yes more than you really meant to, but what great memories. It's sweet that you got siblings and kept them together.

Sending you, DH and Rosie lots of good thoughts! She's been such a trooper. Hugs all around. Pets for your sweet girl. [​IMG]

30. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

31. Madrona and Leda (GA)

Madrona and Leda (GA) Well-Known Member

Thinking of you and your lovely cat.

32. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

(((((Lydia)))))

I am so very sorry to hear this diagnosis. I agree with Suki that now you have time for extra snuggles and kisses. Making the decision is the hardest thing ever but your love will guide you to free her from pain.

Thank you for sharing her and Basil's story. She has been blessed to have so much love.

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

33. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Rosie got some yogurt--a favorite of hers before her diabetes dx--as a topping on one of her snacks tonight and was quite pleased.

Thanks, everyone.

34. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

Just seeing this Lydia.
    Sending huge hugs and loads of love from Chicago.
    Rosie is such a special girl.
    The last favor we can give our babies is to transition in peace and in loving arms.
    Our hearts are with you :bighug::bighug::bighug:

35. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

I'm going to go try to sleep now. Again, everyone, I'm so grateful for your kind words.

The major comfort to me is that we know we will not have a crisis on the weekend which would mean taking Rosie on a long drive to a strange place as her last experience. With a vet she knows coming here and her Son Bean with her, she will be as happy as possible to the last second. Goodnight all.

36. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

{{{Lydia}}}

I'm so sorry this has reached the point where you had to make "the" decision. It's clear you are at peace with it, and it is indeed the greatest, most selfless gift you can give Rosie. I, too, am so happy you have another day and a half to spend with her and cherish her and show her how much she means to you, before you send her to be reunited with her beloved brother. I hope tomorrow is a wonderful, joyous day for your family, celebrating Rosie and how much you all love her.

I will really miss her saucy posts, flirting with and cajoling the other kitties. She is definitely one of a kind.

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

37. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

I've been trying to think of something to say all evening, and there's just no words I can come up with to deal with all that's going on with dear Rosie.

I'm happy that she seems to be enjoying a few things in her life, as well as getting special treats like her yogurt....For now, if she likes chicken nuggets, I'd be going to McDonalds.....Really make these last few days as special as you can for both of you.

Now how well did you know this pet shop owner? They could have been from a neighbors cat....a neighbor who lived in Barcelona!! Her grace, her wit, her insistence that she's from a long line of Royalty....she's our Contessa and always will be!

38. Suzi_S

Suzi_S Well-Known Member

39. Tiina and Hugo

Tiina and Hugo Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry, I'm sending you many hugs and kisses to Rosie :bighug: She will always live in your heart.

40. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Hugs and tears.
    Wishing you and Rosie time filled with lots of love and special treats.

41. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Lydia, words cannot express how very sorry I am to hear that this was Rosie's time to cross. She will be greatly missed here as her personality was bigger than life. What a gal! Your love and attention to her was superb. What a great life you provided for her.

Don't think I will ever be able to look at glitter boots without thinking of sweet Rosie.

Wishing you a lighter heart in time and soon to be able to remember with a smile instead of tears.

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.