6/13 Mouzer amps +14 132 / +14.5 152

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Cherryl & Mouzer, Jun 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Whatever you have to do to get the boy to eat.
    No you didn't mess up. Yess it will wear off.
    sounds like a plan.
    How long before that;s due? about 20-25min?

2. Cherryl & Mouzer

Cherryl & Mouzer Well-Known Member

I just realized there was a second page lol
    In 20 minutes, I will go get the test

Gill & George likes this.
  3. Cherryl & Mouzer

LOLOL

+12 91

What do I do? I am scared to death to shoot 1.0

4. Gill & George

Mouzer has had a great if exhausting couple of cycles.
    Firstly, definitely take the reduction to 1u.

As Marje pointed out tonight and the next few cycles may be influenced by the depot of the larger dose, until the depot 'shrinks' to match the size of the new dose. So even if you shoot the reduction (1u) tonight he may still give you a run for your money, he may not of course, he may bounce and you'd be able to get some rest. But if you do shoot the reduction, I think you need to plan on being able to monitor the first few hours of the cycle at the very least. (The results of the early tests in the cycle will give you an indication of how active it's going to be and what you are going to need to do, it may involve another long night, or it may not, my crystal ball is murky)

Another option, would be to shoot a BCS (big chicken shot), to drain the depot, even with this option the first few hour of the cycle can still be active because of the depot and overlap of the previous shot. So you may still need to monitor in the early part of the cycle, but it's less likely to give you prolonged low numbers into the wee hours of the morning.

Third option would be to skip altogether. That will drain the depot, he may be high by morning, but often kitties recover pretty well from this, you can think of it as a furshot. This option will allow you to get some sleep and recuperate.

Things to consider when you make the decision/
    Your ability to monitor/function given the busy 24hrs you've had,
    and Mouzers appetite. you know him, he's eaten a lot of extra fuds today, low numbers with a kitty that is full are trickier to handle, and you may need to resort to assist feeding.
    Even if he is high at pmps, remember that he dropped quite dramatically this morning, so a high pmps is not a guarantee that he will stay high for the rest of the cycle.

It's almost midnight for me, so I'll be heading to bed shortly.
    Marje I believe has plans for the evening, she may pop round, but she has limited availability.

OK I was writing all the above while waiting for your PMPS.
    Here's my thoughts given that number

That 91 is awful close to the no shoot number for SLGS, I'd be inclined to skip altogether tonight so you can let the depot drain and regroup tomorrow. Given that him eating may be a concern and you are likely feeling a little bit frazzled.
    How do you feel about that?

5. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

I second the skip. You had a very busy day!

Cherryl & Mouzer likes this.
  6. Cherryl & Mouzer

After reading every word, very slowly and carefully, with my undivided attention hahahaha
    I got to the end and
    YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    That is how I feel about NS for tonight!!

We see he can recover, so this is good and I feel ok and feel relieved and will get rest!
    I do have a dentist appt on Thursday mid morning, so whatever I do tomorrow - or what Mouzer does hahaha I need to keep that appt in mind for Thursday
    Thank you for everything! You go to bed! You worked hard today!!
    Bless you!!!

I will test him for a while to see if he keeps going down lolol Being as he has been such a trip!

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  7. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

You still need to grab a couple tests tonight to make sure Mouzer is safe. The depot is still in play.

8. Cherryl & Mouzer

I had just edited my last post and said I will test for a while to see if he keeps going down since he has been such a trip hahahhaa

Gill & George likes this.
  9. Gill & George

OK , but do grab a +1 just to make sure he's staying safe, he's still working this mornings juice so you want to be sure he's not dropping (I dont't think he should), and then maybe a test before you hit the sack (as long as the +1 is a sensible, if he were to be still dropping at +1 you'd want to follow up with another test 30min or an hour later, depending on where his numbers are) Sometimes the shot can have a longer duration, and the depot will still want to do some talking.

10. Cherryl & Mouzer

Okie Dokie! I wasnt going to be able to 'not test' with him at 91 and he has gone up and down today, so I wont go to bed until I see him blue and probably blue a couple of hours.

11. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

So happy you have decided to skip the shot. I've been biting my nails along with you the past few days while keeping tabs on Mouzer. Gizmo has yet to go that low, but I know it will happen some day. At least I feel somewhat more prepared by "experiencing" through the eyes of others. Get some much needed rest tonight!

12. Cherryl & Mouzer

LOLOL I am glad I wasnt biting my nails alone heehehee
    And I am so glad NS too!!!
    And I hope Gizmo finds this place soon for you. I am thrilled for Mouzer even though it sure is nerve wracking.

13. Cherryl & Mouzer

I am wrong about my dentist appt! It isnt til Monday!! I was looking at last Thursday's appt on calendar in the house lolol I have it noted on the SS and I just saw it isnt til Monday.
    Yay Go Me!! I dont have any more appts this week - just to catch up what has gotten behind!!

14. Gill & George

Just wanted to say you are welcome, as Bobbie said someone once held my hand through George's first lows too, now it makes me happy that I can pay it forward.

15. Cherryl & Mouzer

Maybe one day I will learn enough to help someone! That will be a great thing!!

I documented everything on SS so I have it for next time! Maybe I wont have to bother to keep someone a whole day and just holler if it drops to 50 -- or with SLGS - am I supposed to holler at 90?

16. StephG

StephG Well-Known Member

Wow what a day!
    When was the Depomedrol shot you think may have caused his FD?

17. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

90 is a nice safe number as far as heading for a hypo . It is the SLGS reduction number and you wouldn't have to holler for it. Just smile and say " yes, another reduction!" LOL

18. Cherryl & Mouzer

He had mouth pain in August 2016 and got a shot. Then again in September, another shot.
    He was fine before this time. January of this year, I started noticing he was losing weight but eating. I kept watching. April came and mid April, his back legs became wobbly and kind of floppy.
    I thought he hurt himself. I waited. May 12th - I found out diabetes. The vet that gave the shots did say he could have been up in numbers and the shots tossed him on into diabetes and if that is the case, he has a better chance of remission, than if the shots didnt have any play in it --- so that remains to be seen, I guess.

StephG likes this.
  19. Bobbie And Bubba

What caused the mouth pain and was it addressed?

20. Cherryl & Mouzer

So, if this happens again, if I am handling it, no need to holler unless go below 50 - but if reaches 90, holler reduction? Right? haha

21. StephG

StephG Well-Known Member

Similar story with Chuck. Got the shot in May noticed in August he was losing weight fast. I thought it was his heart. FD was a "better" outcome than I was expecting.
    I was wondering because he's responding really well to the insulin.

22. Cherryl & Mouzer

The mouth pain was addressed by the depo-medrol shots ....... And I think I see him red in mouth - which I see as Feline Stomatitis and I dont know what I am going to do if he gets in pain or cant eat because as a diabetic, he cannot have those shots. The only other option is full mouth teeth extraction which may or may not help. I hate seeing that red back there. I saw it today as I was talking him into eating.

23. Cherryl & Mouzer

Do you know if Chuck might have feline stomatitis? Because I think Mouzer might and this worries me because he cant have those shots again and there is nothing else for that kind of pain.
    Or I should ask --- Why did Chuck need the shot?

24. Bobbie And Bubba

Has he had his teeth cleaned recently?

25. Cherryl & Mouzer

LOL NO! That cost approx $360 And I just had to pay for a kitty to have teeth extracted today.
    The red that I see, is same as kitty with Feline Stomatitis. Cleaning wont help. Full mouth extraction may or may not help.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  26. Cherryl & Mouzer

+13 99

Believe it or not, Mouzer wants food - I gave him 2tsp LC

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  27. Bobbie And Bubba

When you see red on the gums, there is inflammation, and inflammation can knock a kitty out of remission ( just ask Bubba) If it were me, and I know it's expensive but, with all that you are doing to help Mouser, I would get his teeth cleaned and if any extractions are necessary can be taken care of then to give him the best chance for remission. Have you ever hear about Care Credit? You can apply on line . It is a credit care for medical and dental, animals and peeps can use. 6 months, no interest, good as cash. With my gang and there animals with medical issues, I use it and it's a Godsend.

Tanya and Ducia likes this.
  28. Cherryl & Mouzer

Sadly, I know this. I have had Care Credit since my Feline Stomatitis kitty was diagnosed in 2014. Since then it is maxed out between the stomtitis kitty and on all of these other animals. Now, I have to pay cash for whatever I do, until I can pay down debt. I am so maxed out on the Care Credit, there is no pay off in six months. I have to pay 25% interest. I have a fundraiser, trying to get help with Mouzer, but so far, people are not jumping up to help. I have had fundraisers that have paid for some things but when it gets very expensive, people are not so up to helping, for some reason.

29. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Great job today, Cherryl. I think it was absolutely fine for you to take a breather especially since one kitty had some major work today and Mouzer was iffy eating earlier.

You can holler any time you feel anxious. Don't worry about that. ECID but many cats are actually safe down to 40 but it gives you no cushion.

I've heard of a few cats that have gotten a bit wobbly in the 40s so it's possible for cats to have a symptomatic hypo there. I've also seen a few very experienced members who let their cats surf in the 40s :eek::eek: but I just think the cushion is too narrow to do that.

If he goes below 90, yes, it is a reduction but you might just want to put the question up, at least u till you really feel comfortable with his cycles, so we can look at it and make sure you aren't taking a reduction too soon after the last one.

Hope you get some rest. You are catching on fast!

30. Cherryl & Mouzer

31. Cherryl & Mouzer

haha I wouldnt even think of reduction without asking first and this may mean for the rest of my life or Mouzer's life, whichever hahaha
    I am not sure I am catching on but I do have all of this documented on the SS and I am hoping, before I freak out, I am able to see if I can handle it and just post the info and holler if I think it is getting out of hand. I am sure, by posting the info along the way, you all wouldnt let me just sink, if you saw me drowning, anyhow. But I would holler if I felt I was drowning and not getting anywhere with what I was doing. I dont want Mouzer to any 40's haha and I didnt even like that 55 :D

Mouzer is +14 132 and ate 2tsp LC at +13.25 --- I am not sure how to know if it is food or if he is now safe enough I could go to bed. I am waiting to get a +15 to make that decision.

Thank you for all of the information you have been providing. Between you and Gill - I might end up a lot smarter than I think heehee

32. Marje and Gracie

No, we would,not let you sink. That's why it's so important to keep the subject line updated because we are really busy sometimes and just looking st the subject line can tell us if we need to pop in. Of course, when it's not so busy, that gives us time to check in with different members and definitely the new ones.

I would just grab a before bed test and see if he's still on the way back up. I don't think thenLC will affect him too much but he's a cat so he will probably make a liar out of me ;) We have a theory around here that the cats read their condos and do the opposite of what we think.

You're welcome. Team work!

33. Cherryl & Mouzer

@Marje and Gracie -
    I do have a question... Even though Mouzer earned a reduction, if he is in the red or black, come time for am shot - should I do one more 1.25u?
    Or go ahead and do the 1.0u reduction?

And that is funny cats read the condos and do the opposite!
    And that would be about right haha

I am going to get ready, hopefully going to bed. If you do give a response, I will see it in the morning. I will check here before giving the am shot.

34. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

No....go ahead and reduce.....we saw what happened this morning when he started out pink (almost red)

If the depot gets too far ahead of you, it could make today look like a walk in the park! I don't think you're ready to run the full marathon yet;)

Others may have different opinions, but I'd go ahead and shoot the new reduced, 1U dose tomorrow

35. Marje and Gracie

I see Chris answered but I will provide just a bit more info.

Typically, you want to only shoot through the bounce one time at this stage (meaning being fairly new).

If he's in red or black, it might not just be bounce. He will be dealing with his depot being depleted some tonight plus he will likely see some bounce. You can see tat the last time you skipped, he was back to business in three cycles IMG_0622.GIF

We typically say around here that the best way to see a kitty drop into green is threaten a dose increase!!

Have a good sleep.

36. Cherryl & Mouzer

I didnt get a chance to get on here this morning but Mouzer was 351 at amps and I thought what you said ...
    we saw what happened this morning when he started out pink (almost red) ---
    That ran straight through my brain as soon as I saw the 351 test this morning and he was 377 yesterday hahaha
    So, I did not hesitate to reduce and I even laughed, talking to Mouzer, and said, Oh No!! It is 1.0 hahaha
    And you are correct! I am not ready to run the marathon :D

37. Cherryl & Mouzer

I am glad you all are able to look at the SS and see where things could go - I was thinking that black he did, because I skipped that time. But I see he did get back, even though I beat myself up for days over that. And with this mornings amps and now +3 is in blue hahaha I am so glad I did 1.0 this morning :D
    I didnt get in a +2 today and I was wanting to but I did get behind on my work and I am trying to catch it up. I did try to rush but I just got in the door at ten til the +3, so I had to accept that.

38. Cherryl & Mouzer

+14.5 152

I forgot to put this in here, this morning. I had my laptop put away last night, so I could go to bed after test.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.