6/16 SPIKE OLDTIMERS REPORT

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by JaniceandSpike, Jun 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaniceandSpike

JaniceandSpike Well-Known Member

Good morning LL, its been awhile since weve posted. Spike is doing well and enjoying the warmer weather on his porch. His insulin needs are still between 5-5.5 units. He loves his insulin..lol Hes been taking adequan injections for his arthritis and they seem to be helping. I do have little "steps" that Ive made out of various boxes for him to use to get up to his favorite spots. Im happy with his numbers considering weve been doing this dance for almost 5 years. Here are his stats..7 day average..108..14/d..117 and 30/d..123 I could probably be more strict with treats but he does love them and at 17 I think he deserves a few extra. Ive seen so many of Spikes oldtimer friends cross the bridge and it scares me that Spike probably doesnt have many years left but at the same time I appreciate the time we do have. So everyone go and give your furrie a hug and scrinch right now.
    Until next time,
    Janice and Spike

2. Georgia and Simon (GA)

Georgia and Simon (GA) Well-Known Member

What a nice Spike report. Glad he is doing well and the Adequan is helping. Simon just recently started on the shots and it also seems to be helping. I agree with you...at 17, Spike deserves a few treats here and there if that makes him happy. Everything in moderation usually works for people so why not kitties?! Have a great day!

3. Complick8d

Complick8d Well-Known Member

Nice to see a great Spike report. He definitely deserves the treats. :)

4. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

It's so nice to see a Spike report :D I'm glad he's enjoying his sunny porch and extra treats cat_pet_icon

5. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

good to hear that Spike is doing so well!

Treats are good. I used to be so strict because I was terrified of Lucy going back on the juice. Now I let her have the yummy stuff sometimes just because she's a good girl.

6. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

It's great to hear that Spike is doing so well!

7. Rocket & his Mom

Rocket & his Mom Well-Known Member

Glad for the Spike report.....an old timer! yay! with so many new kitties it sure is nice to hear from you!

Rocket started the Adequan (we gave it a second chance) and i can see helping a bit though his arthritis is pretty bad....but at his age i guess it is to be expected.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.