6/17 Loudogg AMPS 181 +3 307 +7 349 PMPS 308 +3.5 266 +6.5 244

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Amanda and a Loudogg, Jun 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

June 16, 2018 Condo

So according to tradition, Lou was scheduled to break his bounce during last night's PM cycle. I was surprised that he was decreasing, but not enough to indicate a truly active cycle. Since there was seemingly nothing going on, I didn't set an alarm to get a +9. I hope the blue AMPS this morning doesn't indicate he went too low (although the inactive cycle should suggest he didn't). I'm hoping the slow decrease helps keeping the bouncing to a minimum... I can still dream. :cat:

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  2. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Dreams are all we have in this dance.

3. Amanda and a Loudogg

+3 = 307 .... Why do I even bother??? This bouncing is getting ridiculous. I thought the idea was he would stop bouncing when he got used to being at the lower numbers. Is there any logical timeframe I can use to know when this should happen? If not, would it be worth lowering his dose or something to help get him used to the lower numbers without bigger dips causing his BGs to shoot up?

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

The time frame is "in a cat's own sweet time". You do know who the lead is in the FD dance? :cat: Seriously though, I have seen a wide range of times. It took Neko a year to stop bouncing to red. :rolleyes: All you can do is try to maximize the amount of time they spend in normal green numbers. Harder to do with SLGS, but you should aim to try to have his nadirs in the lower range of 90-150 as much as possible. Lowering his dose just allows glucose toxicity to set in, where he gets used to higher numbers.

Today Lou is giving you a day pass. Do something fun. Maybe he's saving it up for tonight.

5. Amanda and a Loudogg

*Sigh* That's what I figured. He mostly only breaks bounces when I'm at work or sleeping... Needless to say I'm sleep-deprived, stressed, and low on patience. It's been a rough few weeks and a while since I've had so few full night's sleep. :blackeye: Perhaps I'll get used to the frequent nighttime interruptions, eventually. :rolleyes:

Is it harder with SLGS because of the 90 cutoff? I've been thinking of just cutting off the rest of the dry food and switching to TR. Regardless, how can I best maximize that time?

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

SLGS makes It a bit harder for them to surf the green as often. But for some people, it's the safer choice. No wrong answers in choosing the dosing method that works for you.

Patience and following the dosing guidelines are what get you to the place where they surf more. For some kitties that drop fast at the beginning of the cycle, you may need to play with carbs and feeding times to slow the drops,which can in turn cause bounces. Lou doesn't look too extreme in his drops, not as bad as others I have seen.

Amanda and a Loudogg likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.