6/17 Luci AMPS 243,2+203,4+170,6+180, 9+234, PMPS 294, 2+210- Tomorrow increasing to 2 u

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sue and Luci, Jun 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Yesterday - no green again

So we're gonna try this dose of 1.75 for today - and hope it 'catches on' for Luci - I'm quite confused about what happened this week - at first she responded so well and had a nice long run in the lagoon...and then right back to her old comfort zone of blues and yellows - too many - never another green! I sat her down and had a stern talk with her -she basically looked at me with those yellow eyes as if I was crazy :confused:
    :confused: - maybe I just expect too much of her? No changes this week in her diet - still eating her low carb Fancy Feast. Her treats are Zero Young Again and Freeze Dried Salmon or Fish ... I don't get it.

If no green visits today then we're going back to 2 u in the morning....I'll be here all day to test frequently and hope to help her surf again like last week...

2. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Those sporadic nice runs can be infuriating. You finally think your getting somewhere, then it's gone. You wonder what did you do to get that and why did it stop. There's no rhyme or reason.

3. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Let's see what Luci has to say about the increase threat!

Sue and Luci likes this.
  4. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Unfortunately the lowest Luci could get on her dose today was 170 - and then turned around and started heading up :( Mama is not very happy about another increase - I really just don't understand this feline diabetes at all - thought by now she would have had some time to recuperate her little pancreas and get things going - but it's just fits and starts with her - not moving in the right direction at all...we need to see some more greens - maybe a little blue on either end of the curve but these numbers are not acceptable and not healing for her...so tomorrow morning bumping up to 2 units to see if that'll be enough to show her the way to the lagoon...and spend some time there this week surfing - not just one darn day!

5. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

I feel your pain. When Lou was on Vetsulin, we had gone to a concert in Minnesota. It was just an overnight trip and he only missed 2 doses. I was shocked to see how low his BG was when we came home. Lou has a tendency to regulate himself in high numbers, but apparently his pancreas absolutely can't do the same in low numbers (or at all times, but that's a whole other complaint, haha). So ultimately what this teaches me is cats are weird and FD is one of the most confusing conditions on the planet. :confused:o_O:facepalm:

Hugs to you! :bighug::bighug:

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    Reason for edit: Correcting punctuation
    Sue and Luci likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.