6/18 Gordy AMPS 134, +1.5=171, +6.5=82, +11=87 | PMPS 91

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by CassAndGordy(GA), Jun 18, 2019.

1. CassAndGordy(GA)

CassAndGordy(GA) Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/6-12-gordy-amps-385-5-280-pmps-451.215591/

Haven't posted in a few days because I was dismayed by his terrible numbers. I even increased after 6 cycles... which I don't typically do. I started shooting the other side of him... and bam, better numbers are back.

Definitely validity to moving your injection site!!!

Raptor continues to poo outside of the box... but in the same spot... i think I need to try and steam clean the spots and hope. I don't think its the litter since she goes pee just fine. And I clean the boxes every morning.

(Also ... I love this Okocat litter! Downside, the kind I have tracks everywhere... ugh).

Gordy goes back for his next blood test Saturday. This is adding up. :(

AmandaE likes this.
  2. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi there. I had been looking for your condo.

Are you using an enzyme cleaner on that spot where Raptor goes #2? One thing to consider is if she started this as soon as you changed litter.. it may not be something she likes to poo in, but doesn't care about peeing in.

What blood test is Gordy getting? Has it already been 3 weeks since the last one? HyperT can be expensive until you get it managed. Are you buying methimazole from the vet or from Walgreens or online? That's another way of saving money on the pills. Also, if you are using Pill Pockets, buy the dog kind - they are the same thing, but in bigger bags.

3. CassAndGordy(GA)

She started this back when I was using the wood pellets... which none of the cats like. I am thinking she just thinks its ok because it still smells like her. I don't have any enzyme cleaner, but I do just have a traditional steamer, so hopefully it will work.
    It'll be 3 weeks since the last one. I am still using the first bottle of 100 pills and I have the supply from @Bobbie And Bubba coming too, but it'll get me by a lot. I think once we get a dose amt decided on, I'm going to switch to the transdermal. Yeah, I have the dog AND cat ones. I switch between them.

Mandy & Rex (GA) likes this.
  4. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

I mailed on Saturday. Should get it today?

CassAndGordy(GA) likes this.
  5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice to see some blues for Gordy. I hope the blood test shows good results. Good luck with getting Raptor to poo in the lb.

6. CassAndGordy(GA)

+6.5=82

:D

My mail comes late in the day, so I'll let you know :)

7. CassAndGordy(GA)

+11=87
    PMPS 91

:D:D:D

Mandy & Rex (GA) likes this.
  8. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Can you put puppy pads down where he is poo'ing?

I bought a small (1 gal) wet/dry vac ($40) and used hot, hot water with just a couple drops if dish soap and a bit of vinegar in a gallon jug. Would soak the area heavily and let it sit for 5-10 min then vacuum it up. It was smaller (storage), cheaper and easier to clean than a steam cleaner.

Gizmo poo'ed outside the LB almost his entire life. Not every time but frequently. No clue as to why. Cleaned the LB 2x/day.