6/18 Mr Tinkles AMPS 175

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Laurie and Mr Tinkles, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Laurie and Mr Tinkles Well-Known Member

amps 175 2.0u

I shot at +11, to get back on schedule. The dose decrease seems to be working well, his nadir was not too low and I got a nice ps # without having to feed and wait. :D

2. Hope and Aria

Hope and Aria Member

Those green nadir's are beautiful!! Yay Mr Tinkles!!

3. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Yay!!!! So exciting!!!! :mrgreen:

4. Nancy and Cody

Nancy and Cody Well-Known Member

:D :D He's doing great! nice work

5. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

Laurie,

You seem like quite the dynamo. You have gotten things in great territory in pretty short order. I think someone else mentioned "scale" to you. But admittedly with "scale" in your case, I would have overreacted at this point and drawn out the process. You are doing pretty awesome. PZI is great in it's flexibility but not so for it's lack of "protocol." You're probably adapting better than I would have. Keep up the great work.

You also seem to like the small dose changes. I am a fan of that [especially while trying to figure tings out]. It appears you have done some reading, but as far as "scale" goes some have had some success with making small changes [like in the range of ±0.02u] - but there are always exceptions lol. In the past, I've posted my thoughts on "scale" here in PZI under "VDS" or "variable dosing strategy."

6. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Laurie and Mr Tinkles Well-Known Member

Thanks Gator. :smile: I am determined to get a handle on this insulin! I guess that's obvious, huh? ;-) ProZinc is a really good insulin but it isn't as well understood as it needs to be. I think people get frustrated because they try to use it like PZI, and that doesn't work, it has certain quirks that need to be taken into consideration...like the small dose changes. There are similarities, but there needs to be more info on the differences, IMO.

I took a quick look at the variable dosing thread, thank you for pointing me in that direction! I'm off to read it in more detail.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.