6/18 Turner (alphatrack) amps:195, +6:79, +12:79, +12.25:72, 12.5:68, 12.75:72, 13:67, 13.5:102

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by smilelari, Jun 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smilelari

smilelari Member

Testing again in a few minutes. We'll see where he's going but it looks like he's been pretty flat. Not sure what we're going to do with this

Last thread

2. smilelari

smilelari Member

15 minutes later = 72, so we're currently falling

3. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

How long can you stall without feeding and still be able to shoot tomorrow?

4. smilelari

smilelari Member

Our first plans for tomorrow aren't until 1 in the afternoon, so a long time... More worried about getting too far off and not being able to get back on track Monday morning.

5. smilelari

smilelari Member

Seems like I should probably go ahead and shoot and monitor. 12.5 is 68, so still falling. He hasn't had any food within the last 3 hours

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Below 68 is a reduction on the AT, so this is pretty low. If you stall more, he may drop more since he hasn't had food. If you do shoot, make sure you have enough supplies (HC and strips) and get early tests. We normally suggest +1 and a +2, but I'd be tempted to get a +.5.

7. smilelari

smilelari Member

Haven't done anything yet. Could reduce?

8. Wendy&Neko

Why don't you test again and see if it's official. But I wouldn't shoot if he's under 68.

9. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Even if you reduce you will likely have the depot in play and it could still lead to very low numbers. I don't give dosing advice but in this instance I would shoot a reduced dose if I were to shoot at all and seriously consider reducing in general. See what others say.

10. smilelari

smilelari Member

12.75 is 72. I'm ok with skipping if that's what's best. Cat would probably appreciate it if I fed him soon :)

11. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Don't go by me. See what Wendy thinks. I would want to feed soon because some cats continue to drop if not fed.

12. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

I'm with Elise..probably time to feed him. The other option is to do 2, 18 hour cycles. Which means you shoot at +18 tonight, skip the shot in the morning and resume normal shot time at PMPS tomorrow. It's one way to get some insulin in and get back on schedule. You can skip too and get back at it in the morning.

13. smilelari

smilelari Member

13 was 67. Fed him. No shot tonight. We'll test again in a while (13.5 maybe?). Next shot should probably be a reduction, whether it's at +18 or in the morning. 6 units rather than 6.5?

14. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Ok great and yes I'd test again in 30 minutes just to make sure he's up. 6 units sounds good.

15. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry!....my internet went out (probably due to the insane heat around here)....I'm glad Wendy helped you!

It's never easy to decide what to do in situations like these!

smilelari likes this.
  16. smilelari

smilelari Member

He's 102 at 13.5, 30 minutes after eating. So, yep. Rising!

Doodles & Karen likes this.
  17. Wendy&Neko

Sorry, it was TFS time, the bean fuds time here. Skipping works. I would take the reduction in the morning.

smilelari likes this.
  18. smilelari

smilelari Member

Thanks for your help, guys. I'll probably just skip rather than do the 18 hour cycle. Unless I happen to still be awake, which isn't unheard of :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.