6/19 Alexia's Blue AMPS 206, +4 101, +6 135, PMPS 205

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Hillary & Maui (GA), Jun 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

Well, things are improving over here at Blue's Special Kitty Kamp. :smile:

He had some nice Bg's last night and got two spot tests in. A nice amps this morning and I decided to be conservative and shot a skinny 1. I tried EVO 95% chicken/turkey with him and he enjoyed it. :thumbup

Then I left the baby gate open and he's exploring the entire apt. My girls all stayed calm and still and watched him. When he got too close for comfort to Maui, he hissed. It was short lived and he continued exploring.

All is very quiet in here, so I thought, maybe he came back into his room. But no, he's not here or under the futon. I checked under the bed and he's not there either. I noticed the closet door ajar and sure enough he's stretched out in there. Wonder if he will spend the day in the closet. :?:

So far so good cat_pet_icon and I haven't yet seen MR. ANGRY! angry(2)_cat

Early this am, I used him as a pillow and could feel the rumblings of his motor turning on. When it became too much, he let me know with a nice his and swat. I stopped petting him and was still and that was ok for a while, and then it was enough for him and time to test.

And that brings us up to the minute with MR. Blue.

2. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

Re: 6/19 Alexia's Blue AMPS 206

awwwwwww...............nice number and wonderful kitty report :)

3. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Re: 6/19 Alexia's Blue AMPS 206, +4 101

This boy certainly likes to drop quickly. Well, I didn't get a +3 as he was still busy exploring and when I picked him up, he became angry(2)_cat

So, I let him go and when he went back to his room, I got a test in. All was fine, until I attempted a pedicure, then Mr. angry(2)_cat came back out and under the futon he went. Thought I had him distracted with food, but that didn't work. I did get two claws cuts, only 8 more to go! nailbite_smile

4. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Laurie and Mr Tinkles Well-Known Member

Re: 6/19 Alexia's Blue AMPS 206, +4 101

Nice # this morning, and good call on decreasing a little. He sure does like to drop fast! I am curious to see a curve on him, if you can keep angry(2)_cat away enough to do it!

Yay for the progress you are making with him adjusting! Wow, a pedicure, you are a brave cat whisperer! :lol:

5. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Re: 6/19 Alexia's Blue AMPS 206, +4 101, +6 135

No I'm not that brave, but he's got long sharpies and he's nailed me a couple times already. So it's more like self-preservation.

Just got his +6 and his cruising nicely if I do say. He's fine, until I attempt the hold and poke then angry(2)_cat shows up.

And to get the +6 sadly, I woke him up... :roll:

but I'm getting quicker at it so less time for angry(2)_cat

Going to do some errands and when I get back, I'll try another test....oh boy what a fun day for MR. ANGRY. :lol:

6. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Re: 6/19 Alexia's Blue AMPS 206, +4 101, +6 135, PMPS 206

not a bad run today.

7. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

ok, so you fed the +4? during that curve what times did he eat? did you note that?
    just looking to see how food affects his cycle.

it's really your call whether you want to drop the dose a tiny bit further to lessen the initial drop or keep as you are and see whether he stabilizes. not seeing a big bounce at the next shot cycles and his numbers are all good so i'd feel ok about not dropping the dose. he may need longer at a dose, too, to settle into it, at least while he's an insulin newbie. personally i'd probably drop the dose a tiny bit further and see whether it stabilizes the curve a bit more and go back up relatively quickly if it doesn't. i like him sitting 100-200 right now, tho.

any chance of getting a +3 and +5 this evening or tomorrow after his amps?

8. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Re: 6/19 Alexia's Blue PMPS 205, +3 151

Ah Miss Chris,

Ask and she shall get.

Funny you mention the dose, as I was filling the syringe, I thought, should I shoot that skinny (just below the line) or should I shave a little more off, so he doesn't drop as quickly. Well I decided to shave a bit more off and I'm calling it a 0.8.

I am free feeding him, rather than giving mini meals, as he is accustomed to food being available.

After I tested, I put a bowl in front of him to encourage eating, especially when I saw the drops this morning. His +3 I gave him some tuna. And now he looks like this behind me.

[​IMG]

9. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

oh my goodness! he looks soooooooooooooooooo soft and squishy! give him a smooch for me please??? :) i'll pay for the stitches :lol:

10. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Re: 6/19 Alexia's Blue PMPS 205, +3 151

He does look cute doesn't he. I made a photobook album of him for Alexia - here check out the rest of the pics: http://s718.photobucket.com/albums/ww18 ... ne%202010/

If I don't touch his ears, I can safely get a smooch or two in. It's the ear thing he hates.
    Tonight's test, I got a small growl, either I'm getting quicker or he's calming down about it.

11. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Re: 6/19 Alexia's Blue PMPS 205, +3 151, + 5 158

He is cruising the blues very nicely. I like this dose and what it's doing for him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.