6/19 Alexia's Blue AMPS 206, +4 101, +6 135, PMPS 205

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Hillary & Maui (GA), Jun 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

2. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 6/19 Alexia's Blue AMPS 206, +4 101, +6 135

Looks like things are shaping up really nicely, yay! I agree with your call on shaving a hair off the dose - I don't think there's enough data to know when he nadirs, but generally with PZI you will see a continued drop from the +3/+4 range on down to +6-ish. Not always, but when the +6 goes up from the +4, I start wondering if the dose is a hair too high & their body wants more room available to keep dropping after the +4. Not necessarily the case, just my guess and what I would try if it were me (i.e. reducing a hair). I wonder too if the EVO is lower carbs than what he's been getting, maybe that is a factor too? I'm not sure, haven't ever used the EVO since I get nervous about being sure I'm mixing it right with the other ingredients!!!

Congrats on making so much progress with Blue, and keeping Mr. Angry at bay! I'd be scared of those gnashing teeth too, wow you are brave to still get in spot tests!!!!

3. Hillary & Maui (GA)

What seems to work in testing, is to wrap him in a towel and cover him so only his ear is exposed. I have him facing away from me, a quick dab of vaseline, the grasp, poke release, get meter and find the blood drop (he likes to bleed so that part is easy - except at night, when I can't see it). If I have to poke more than once, then I know Mr. Angry comes out in full force with teeth and hitting.

I give a treat and Mr. Angry calms down.

I'm glad I shaved the dose today, am wondering if I should shave a bit more tonight and give somewhere between the .5 and 1 mark. I so like my U100 syringes better, easier to microdose with. but that's fine, I'll use the U40's and this way stay consistent.

Just checked the charts and the evo is 0%, where the FF is 3-4%. And I'm going to see if he likes the EVO duck that's 4%. Don't think the food is doing this, unless he's super carb sensitive.

I have the foods and thought I'd try other options just to see if he likes or not, I will say he hasn't cleaned the bowl yet so while he started strong on EVO, it may not be his fav.

4. Hope and Aria

Hope and Aria Member

You can use the U100's with Prozinc. In fact, I highly suggest it!! It's the only way to dose consistently and Prozinc has a big response to small dose changes.

Here's the conversion chart:
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/insulin-conversions.htm

5. Hillary & Maui (GA)

I know, problem is her vet refuses to write the script, so I'm stuck with the u40's at the moment, which is why I'll need to fudge around with dose approximation and figure tonight I'll shoot a little less than this am.

6. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Laurie and Mr Tinkles Well-Known Member

Hmmm...she should be able to get around that by either ordering online or going to a pharmacy and asking for the syringes. In NY state, they can dispense 10 syringes at a time without a script.....not sure if NYC has different rules, but I did that here (upstate). It is less expensive to order online than get them 10 at a time though. I would really encourage her to get those syringes...as she reduces dose, she will need them for sure! Accuracy is really important with PZ, variability in dose can make the #s wacky. Skinny units are one thing, trying to eyeball 0.6u consistently will be very hard. They also would make the shots more comfortable for Blue.

7. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Re: 6/19 Alexia's Blue PMPS 205, +3 151

That's something that she can get when she returns. I know in NJ, a script is needed.

He's doing well, I shaved the dose even more for tonight as I didn't want the drop to be as steep. It seems to be a good call, and yes, I know just where I was on the syringe so I can do it again tomorrow.

Will try for a +5 and +7 tonight, and that will be it for the night.

8. FurballLover

FurballLover Member

Hillary,
    What fantastic progress you are making with Blue! I see he got to explore your home, bet that was exciting. Those pics are too cute, someone said he's so squishy looking--yeah, I bet its difficult to not just rub that belly all the time. But, Mr angry(2)_cat would prob show up and you would need lot more band-aids!

9. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Re: 6/19 Alexia's Blue PMPS 205, +3 151, + 5 158

Jen,

I just rubbed his belly and yup didn't take long for Mr. Angry to come out. But no sound when I poked this time and I didn't wrap him either - I call that progress!

And I say this boy is cruising the blues very nicely and safely.

10. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

Hillary,
    All I gots to say is that you are kicking cat butts and cat taking names with that towel action!! Will Hocks not ship [U100] syringes to to NJ/NY? If I can help let me know and I'll order and have sent to you.

11. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Thanks Gator,

I think what I will do is call her vet tomorrow and tell him that I'm trying to micro dose him and need him to call a script into the Walmart by me. I know they gave her a hard time about this, but I can be quite persistent! ;-)

So, I'll go that route first and if I can get them tomorrow that will work just fine.

I know the conversion was provided in a previous post, I'll go look that up so I know how to convert.

While I'm so new to prozinc - it feels to me that his ideal dose is somewhere between what I'm calling 0.8 (a bit under the 1 mark with a wee bit of space to be seen) and 1.

Fine tuning what exactly that equals on the U100 will be interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.