6/2 Donovan dental surgery today - NEW update

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by MJ+Donovan, Jun 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sehjak (Susan & Lanky)

sehjak (Susan & Lanky) Well-Known Member

Re: 6/2 Donovan dental surgery today

Rainbows are special and more so when especially sent by Butthead.

Wow what a surgery for Donovan. Given all that it entailed, is sure seems like he is doing pretty good to eat at all let alone almost back to normal, good boy!

Your rose sounds & looks beautiful, what a find. Enjoy!

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Don't know if this'd help - in humans (got this from a dentist), massaging the earlobes on the side of the pain helps reduce it - its accupressure. So I'm wondering if massaging his ears would help him feel better.

3. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

I do rub and play with his ears, partially because they're so cute and partially to keep him used to rubbing for BG pokeys. He seems to enjoy it. Tonight he started accepting baby food. Go figure :?. I hope that means he's feeling much better.

I realized today that yesterday June 5 (1996) was the anniversary of meeting Donovan. This brave little whoops baby flew from Florida to Boston all by himself, and I picked him up at the airport. That same day, stray Momma tuxedo kitty gave birth to 4 kittens behind some cement blocks on our patio, and there was an instant tuxedo explosion all at once.

Momma cat before giving birth:

newborn kitten pile:

rare photo of all 4 grown kittens together:

And last but certainly not least, photo of baby Captain Donovan taken June 1996:
    [​IMG]

I think you will understand when I say that I wish Donny didn't have diabetes, but it led me to this group and the incredible support system within it. Love to you all.

MJ&Donovan&Butthead's spirit

Attached Files:

4. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

LOok at that baby Donovan!!! OMG soooo cute--So glad he is eating -Mj he will continue to improve & be better & better...Butthead is with Copper & they are having a grand old time playing with each other & all the GA's over there--We too are receiving many messages from Copper--As much as it hurts, feel happy with the knowing that he is coming to you in dreams & rainbows and is so close by!!
    Hurts my heart so much, but i even feel him in the emptiness.Just stay open & he will come..
    Love you MJ & Donny--We are with you--Donny get all better soon! HUGS from Us!

5. Rocket & his Mom

Rocket & his Mom Well-Known Member

praying for you both....

the pics are adorable...wow...that many in one room!!! don't think i have ever experienced more than one cat at once...Rocket has been the only cat i've known...

thank you for sharing the pics....and yes...this group is amazing...we cry together and we laugh together....we are here for the same reason...we love our kitties!!! and we get to love other people's kitties too...which is awesome!

6. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness, how adorable is little baby Donovan!!! And I love the all the tuxedos...what a beautiful picture!

I'm glad to hear Donny is starting to feel like himself again. He had a rough go of it last week! Continued thoughts and prayers for you guys...

Amy

7. Karrie and Maverick

Karrie and Maverick Well-Known Member

Your update made my day. You have such a big heart. The tuxedo kitty picture and them grown up made me smile. Beautiful kitties.

Donovan's kitten picture is striking. What a gorgeous kitty. So glad to hear he is eating babyfood now :)

8. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

(((MJ))) Thanks for getting my day off to a good start with a picture of a pile of kittens. That is a big pile of love right there. I love that kitten Donovan photo. I'm glad he is feeling a bit better. Sending lots more healing vines to him.

9. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending continued prayers and much love to you both (((((MJ & Donovan)))))

10. Melissa&Garbo

Melissa&Garbo Member

That pic of the 4 tuxedos is ADORABLE! Continuing to keep you and Donovan in my prayers for a speedy recovery. :YMHUG:

11. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Love the pictures and the last one of Donny as a kitten....TOO CUTE!!!!

Still sending prayers that you will soon get a negative pathology report and healing vines that each day will have Donovan feeling better.

12. MJ+Donovan

Pic of Donny I took yesterday:

I think I may try contacting the dental place today.
    This waiting for results is... not good :-|

Attached Files:

13. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

Hope the vet calls you soon! What a beautiful picture of Donovan!!!

14. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

such sweet pics of donny & the pile of tuxedo cats. just beautiful!

glad to hear donnie's doing a bit better - i think i'd call the place and ask - no harm done by asking.

15. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA) Well-Known Member

((((MJ))))

It's been a while. I always say...and I said it about Jackson too...no news is good news. If they had found something I THINK you would have heard by now....

sending prayers and big huggies to you
    xoxo

16. Karrie and Maverick

What a sweetie!!!

17. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

MJ, Those pics of the tuxedo kitties and Donovan as a kitten are priceless. So glad to hear that Donny is eating and I hope that you will have good news on the pathology report very soon.
    Butthead continues to send you love and comfort, showing you that he is fine. These signs and messages are so wonderful to experience.

Donny, we are sending you some beautiful, fresh healing vines.

And many hugs to you and your mamabean,

Ella & Rusty

18. Frip&Grip

Frip&Grip Member

So many toxedo kittens, they are so cute :D

Sending more healing vines to captain Donavan... Glad he is eating... praying for you both.... :YMHUG:

19. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Thank you <blush> OH you meant Donny? hee hee

20. MJ+Donovan

:cool:

Well, Butthead's biopsies sometimes took weeks, depending on the sample size. That was torture.
    I emailed the veterinary dental office (unable to play phone tag today), but have not heard back yet. I'll try again tomorrow. Now today Donny refused baby food again, but I'm pretty sure it's just Donny being Donny. Sometimes he gets fussy for no particular reason :?.

I think Butthead came to me again today.
    I had an acupuncture appointment, and she has known about Butthead's unfortunate journey. This was the first time I saw her since he left, so it was more than a little emotional for me to discuss it. Often she seems like a therapist on top of being an acupuncturist. As I lay there with needles in me, recovering from my little sob-fest and trying to relax, I drifted off a few times. I swear I felt Butthead's soft fur brush against my right arm, and then later I felt pressure on my chest, like he was sleeping on me. He sometimes did that if he was on my bed at night. I don't know what it all means, but for a change I wasn't disturbed by it. Don't get me wrong; this is making me cry right now, but at the time it felt almost peaceful...

Attached Files:

21. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

I have a picture of Alex that's almost exactly like that ...lol. Butthead looks like Buddha!
    Well Ms MJ because 'those' biopsies took a long time it does not mean that Donny's will come back 'bad'. Jackson's took 6 days and he is fine.
    I don't know if you are necessarily supposed to know what Butthead's visits mean but isn't it nice that you have them? I would have given anything to 'feel' my last cat's fur against me after he was gone or to somehow sense his physical presence. I missed that so much the pain was visceral. But you are lucky enough to have Butthead watching out for you. Maybe he knows the torture that it was for you to watch him suffer and he is communicating that things are good for him now so don't feel guilty... but he misses you....and wants to be near you. This is all great.

No one really knows what goes on or what it means...but what is important is what it means to you. And if you believe in an afterlife and in the Rainbow Bridge, then you need to have faith that everything that is happening is ALL GOOD! And that Butthead is visiting you because he loves you (((MJ)))

22. MJ+Donovan

Re: 6/2 Donovan dental surgery today - small update

Soooo I wake up and find I have voice mail from the dental vet. Donovan's biopsy was "nondiagnostic" and they are taking a closer look at it, and will contact me as soon as they know anything. Not knowing WTH nondiagnostic means, I fired up Google. It seems to imply that the sample wasn't sufficient to make a diagnosis.

Seriously?!? :evil:

this blows :YMSIGH:

and my boss just returned from a conference and is all in my face with updates and More Work To Do, so I cannot attempt dealing with finding out more about this now.

end rant.
    slow deep breaths.

MJ&non-diagnostic Donovan

23. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

"non-diagnostic: -that totally sucks!

hang in there.

24. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Mj - loved all the photos you've posted sice I last checked in here. They bare all so wonderful. baby donovan was awesome, the grown kitties amazing,and well butthead's is priceless.

well darn it on the nondiagnostic. they have got to be kidding.... I am sorry, as I know you needed a definitive answer.

I think is is wonderful that butthead is paying you visits...

25. Rocket & his Mom

oh MJ....i know how you feel....you are right...the diagnosis sucks...and makes me believe they didn't take enough of a sample to send away.....

continued prayers your way...and for Donovan too...

hang in there....i know easy said than done...

26. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Oh my .. I'm just now catching up on this .. so sorry to hear you have to wait yet again for results .. I am glad however that donovan seems to be handling his extractions ok .. and that you are seeing signs of butthead ..

27. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Continuing to think of you & pray for you both.. so stressful & scary, hang in there & know we are all here virtually holding your hand through this :YMHUG:

28. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

So now what? Does he have to go back?????

29. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

(((((Oh MJ)))))) that sucks, so even more waiting! :-x What is the next step? Another biopsy?

30. MJ+Donovan

I called the office as soon as my boss left for the day, and got a receptionist who was not familiar with Donovan, and all vets had already gone, so she took down my request that someone call me and tell me what happens next. Gah.

31. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

(((MJ)))

I'm sorry this is so frustrating.

32. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

((((((((((((MJ)))))))))))))---I am so with you my friend, I wish I could feel Copper's fur near me or felt him on me in some way--He is near me, but gives me different signs..I still cry every day and miss him so very much, even with Moonie brings me so much joy, the lack of him hurts me to the heart..
    Please Hold tight and believe that this will turn out well..I pray for that for you.
    I think I should be handling this better, but in the shelter of your condo, I am confessing that I am NOT!
    Wrapping my Hugs around you & hope tomorrow will be better news.

33. tessielou

tessielou Member

((((MJ)))) I can't imagine how upset you must be. That is just terrible news--evidentally they didn't get a good sample. Arrrrrgh. Saying prayers for Donny and hope he's healing fast. I'll check tomorrow to see what you find out...

34. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

(((MJ))) I feel we are all pulling out our collective hair right now. NONDIAGNOSTIC? And they charged you for that????!!!

35. Cheryl & Whiskers (GA)

Cheryl & Whiskers (GA) Member

(((((MJ & Donny)))))

Hugs and prayers to you. I confess with Ronnie, I am not doing well with Witty's loss either! I'm sure it is the same for you and Butthead o:) . We love the ones we have with us, but it still hurts.

Prayers and White light to you and Donny.

36. MJ+Donovan

Dental vet called, and while the first sample was non-diagnostic, apparently there was more tissue to use so the analysis was repeated and they feel it's infection, not... something else. She asked if his jaw swelling had decreased after being on Clindamycin, indicative of an infection responding to treatment, and I honestly don't know. Donovan's big anyway - big head, big mouth, etc. and I have avoided poking at his poor beaten up mouth area. She thinks he should have another round of antibiotics. His initial bloodwork in April indicated infection or... something worse. I don't know how soon I should get bloodwork done again to see if anything has changed. Something to discuss with either or both vets I suppose... :?

For now, things seem OK. It will always be in the back of my mind though, until his bloodwork indicates there's nothing else possibly brewing in there...

Time to start a new condo I think. Sorry for stretching this one out to several pages, but the whole saga was here in one place. Looking forward to more pleasant news for a change. Yesterday he was purring his big head off, and even wanted to go outside and attempt to nibble some grass.

MJ&Donovan&Butthead's spirit

37. Natalia & Enana

Natalia & Enana Well-Known Member

I'm glad that they didnt find anything in the tissue analysis. Lets hope the blood work is clean as well. :YMHUG:

38. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

dancing_cat dancing_cat :RAHCAT Great news! We will allkeep sending "just an infection" vines! Great too that he wants to go out! He's got to be feeling better! :D

39. Karrie and Maverick

WOOOOHOOOOOO. Every time I open this condo I get a little flip in my stomach. You made my day MJ.

40. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Purring his big head off??? Love this!!

So far so good, I sure hope that the indications continue to be just for infection and not anything else. Infection is serious enough, but at least the antibiotics can help.
    (((((hugs and more hugs!!))))

41. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

MJ, I am so happy for you that you got this news. We will continue thinking those good thoughts for Donny. That he wants to go out and eat grass is a good sign that he is feeling better. He is improving every day. Perhaps he'd like a visit from the KTSS now that he's eating better. Their chicken soup is the best!

Many hugs,
    Ella & rusty

42. Georgia and Simon (GA)

Georgia and Simon (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so happy to read that Donny probably just has a nasty infection. That can be dealt hopefully with another round of antibiotics. Loved the story about Butthead visiting you during acupuncture. Whenever I have acupuncture, I feel like I am in a different place because I feel so floaty (is that a word?). When I was in a recovery room after some surgery I had and was very relaxed, I felt a pressure on my bed and felt someone patting my leg. When I opened my eyes, no one was there. I know in my heart that it was my grandma "visiting". I think when we are most relaxed and not thinking about anything, we are more open to people and pets that have passed. I'm so glad you are able to feel Butthead's presence. What a special gift you have been given. I wish I could feel my GA kitties close to me, although I know they must be there when I am dreaming about them. Take care and sending lots of hugs your way.

43. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

I am happy to hear that the vet feels it's an infection. I hope he continues to feel better. (((MJ))).

44. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

jan and Hep and sara (GA) Well-Known Member

MJ,

Great news!!! I know you still want to see bloodwork done after the next round of AB's but it is very promising. Glad he doesn't have to go back.

One of my cats came to me after they passed. I used to feel her jump up on the bed and nobody would be there. It is a comforting feeling. I am so glad for you that you are experiencing it.

You Donny and Butthead are always in my thoughts.

Have a nice night.
    jan and sara

45. Rocket & his Mom

i'm glad the vet thinks it's an infection....good to know

continued prayers for you and Donovan.....

(((hugs))))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.