6/20 Bryce - Gorgeous Blue then AMPS 341

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by Debbie and Bryce, Jun 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Debbie and Bryce

Debbie and Bryce Member

Hello there in High Dose / Acro Land -

Bryce had some terrific numbers last night, so wanted to share with you. PMPS 146 to +6 110 with consistent "blue" inbetween. We were very pleased. But I was very surprised to see her AMPS at 341. What's up with that? She jumped 230 in a matter of six hours.

Her AM & PM pre-shot numbers have gotten more consistent, and we've even seen some late evening "green" about every 3-4 days. Watching the 10U Lantus very closely. Anything under 75 makes us quite nervous. We'd be very happy if she stayed in the low blue #'s. Shooting 10U last night may have been a bit bold, but we felt that being able to test hourly would allow us to deal with whatever we ran across. Would have decreased the dose if that was an AMPS during the week.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

2. Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA

Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA Member

Hi Debbie!

Not sure if you have been told this/are aware, but an acrocat's pancreas works. Most times you are better off aiming for only blue/100's. When feeding to slow/stop a drop, you need high carb right off the bat... if the drop is really fast, add Karo right into it (I've done that with Fletch) and give more like a tablespoon at a time. Feeding regular food can actually drop their bgs lower since the pancreas can/will jump into action in response to the food. As for the rise this morning... could be anything but it's just one number so I wouldn't worry about it too much if the rest of the cycle/cycles look good.

Hope your day is nice, too! :cool:

3. Debbie and Bryce

Debbie and Bryce Member

Thanks for the reply! Blue would be fine with me! Not sure why Bryce is pulling these "green" numbers at night every few days. Never quite sure what the evening is going to bring (but you've been living with this sort of thing for sometime). The 49 and 53 recently were certainly too low for comfort. She responds very well to the HC food we have stashed. Thanks for the tip on the Karo. May find that we need to back off from 10U BID, but hate to do that given the great numbers we're getting right now.

She's a bit quiet today, but doing fine. We'll be getting her GH test result from MN in another 2+ weeks. Have heard it may not mean much, but I think all these test results provide value when inserted into the puzzle.

Yes, having a good day. Watching the US Open at Pebble Beach. Thanks again!

4. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

It's possible she went lower than you thought. Remember, their little livers get panicky when they go lower than they are used to and dump sugar into their system for protection.

So glad to hear about the pretty blues! They really make you feel good after trying so hard.

5. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

You may want to be careful going under 100 because sometimes that HC just don't work.

I have had to bring Oliver up a couple times, and one time, he ate THREE 5.5oz cans of foods and barely came up. Susan/Lanky I think had a bout recently where feeding 18% did not do much, in fact it brought the numbers down, not up for a short time.

With that working pancreas, all the foods does is get used to bring numbers down unless you throw enough food at it.

When I get close to that 100 mark I take out a can of 18% and the first green I see gets fed. Shadoe gets 2 big heaping tsp, but Oliver gets a whole can.

I was going to say ECID but maybe more fitting is to say EAID :lol:

6. Debbie and Bryce

Debbie and Bryce Member

Thank you all for your comments today. I will be more on-guard in regard to "green" numbers...we'll all see what the week brings. Truly appreciate your feedback.

7. Debbie and Bryce

Debbie and Bryce Member

You're probably right...sitting here at 12:30 am on Sunday night watching low numbers again (+5.5 77). Just fed 1/4 c FF HC and now back up to 110. Bryce is going low into the green about every other night now. Hmmmm...may be time to drop down from the 10U BID.

8. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

Debbie - it looks like you have several numbers below 50 on your spreadsheet. Non-acros get reductions any time they hit a 50; acros should definitely be reduced if they hit a 50. Our best dosing person is on Facebook more than here - it would probably be good to get her to peek at your spreadsheet. I'll try to remember to post to her this evening.

9. Debbie and Bryce

Debbie and Bryce Member

Did a bit of data analysis on Bryce's numbers today. Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words. Still working through it, but have found a couple very interesting points. I will post in a day or two -- would love feedback on the findings. Yes, we believe we should reduce depending on the pre-shot numbers. Trying to set some guidelines for ourselves. And yes, have a copy of the FDMB "data ready to shoot" guidelines in hand! Would appreciate any thoughts from the "dosing expert". Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.