6/22 Luci AMPS 157,1+100,2+41,3+50,4+54,4.5+51,5+73,6+64,7+49,8+73,9+83,10+81,PMPS 80,.5+101,1+99,2+

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sue and Luci, Jun 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Yesterday - shot was late last night

Happy to see Luci is lower than we've seen in a while...I was worried that by missing her scheduled 7:15 p.m. shot we'd throw things off - may still happen. :oops: So I waited this morning and moved her a.m. shot back by 15 minutes to 8 a.m. - will work my way gradually back to our regularly scheduled time. Life happens, huh?:rolleyes:

At least she's lower this morning than I've seen in a long while - good news there!:D I will check her again in an hour to make sure she's not racing to the lagoon - this girl gets tricky on me when she starts with a low blue number...crafty cat:facepalm:...never going to the lagoon...and then she'll do a cannonball! :nailbiting:

2. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

That's great Luci gives you a heads up by giving you a blue AMPS!

Sue and Luci likes this.
  3. Sue and Luci

So Luci is surfing today! Finally convinced her she needs to wear her water wings and keep the dongle connected to her ankle...she's pretty stubborn and wants to dive with the sharks - fell off her board a couple of times but didn't get to play with the sharks because of the water wings (HC food)...got her back on top! Mammabean isn't feeling very well today - got a pneumonia vaccine yesterday - not sure what else could be causing me to feel so lousy; cold, tired and headache that just won't quit...but Luci is playing in the lagoon and that makes it a great day :) Go Luci, go!

Bellasmom likes this.
  4. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Nice day Luci !! You stay away from the nasty sharks:bighug:

5. Sue and Luci

She’s still at 81! Shot due in 30 minutes. Safe to shoot 2 units???

6. Bellasmom

Looks like she earned a reduction
    i would say it is, as you are not shooting the pmps number, this will be your first time shooting green? I didn’t see anymore on your spreadsheet, you can stall and see if it goes higher.

7. Bellasmom

If it is your first time shooting green, then we will likely suggest that you stall the first time, even if the number is 80-100. That will let you collect data on what your cat will do when you stall. One thing you can do if you are having a low cycle is to get a +10 and +11. Those will give you a good idea of how quickly the cat’s numbers are rising (or not) when preshot time arrives.

Some general rules when stalling (ECID):

** 50s or higher – don’t feed. The number will bump up on its own soon due to the insulin wearing off.
    ** 40s or lower – you have a couple of choices.

This is off the guidelines

8. Sue and Luci

I’ve shot twice before under 100...
    Seems scary.
    Luci’s rule is only about dose decreases.. 3 x under 50 or 1 x under 40 to earn a reduction..
    Advised by well know expert member previously..
    I’ve shot st 69.. but that was in the morning.. never at night.

9. Bellasmom

Then I would shoot, you can test later right?

10. Bellasmom

Bella usually does his low thing at night so I have alarms set for him

11. Sue and Luci

****Advised at this time to set criteria - Dose reduction if below 50 x 3 OR below 40 x 1 - otherwise hold the dose. - this is my reference because Luci has failed so many reductions - I'm not sure but I believe it was @Jill & Alex (GA) or @Wendy&Neko - tagging them here - or at least trying to tag; also @Mandy & Rex have been following us closely - going to shoot tonight - hope we can keep up with her testing (as I mentioned earlier I'm in the midst of a bad reaction to Pneumonia vaccine I received yesterday - sick, headache, cold! Although it's not cold, I'm cold...brrr)..been in and out of bed all afternoon...hope DH can pitch in tonight!

12. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

Best of luck tonight Sue!!! I hope you feel better (and warmer) soon!!

Sue and Luci likes this.
  13. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Sue! I'm sorry I wasn't on earlier! I've been busy running errands.

I'm glad you did shoot. Last time you shot fairly low, Luci surfed for a long time in the greens. If she continues to give you trouble by keeping to drop or not coming up, then I'd take the reduction. That 41 was very close!

Sue and Luci likes this.
  14. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Sorry, out of town, I will try to take a look when I am back.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  15. Bellasmom

Very nice numbers yesterday, I hope you get to feeling better today and Luci let’s you get some much needed rest, sending vines to you:bighug:

Sue and Luci likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.