6/23 Hugo PMPS 104, +1 86, +1.5 63, +1.75 59, +2.15 85, +3 67, +3.5 50, +5 103

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tiina and Hugo, Jun 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiina and Hugo

Tiina and Hugo Well-Known Member

Today I continued with the +1 feeding after sleeping through it yesterday morning and it definately makes him flatter. He's been surfing the high blues and even surfed while I was out a few hours.

Hope everyone is having a nice day, our Midsummer celebration is just about to begin. I'm spending it at my parents' house and maybe tomorrow going out to a city festival to enjoy a couple of drinks and some music.

More about the Finnish Midsummer...http://www.visitfinland.com/article/midsummer-go-peaceful-or-go-party/

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...-315-3-63-pmps-342-4-261.159932/#post-1707178

2. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Enjoy the Holiday Tiina, the countryside in Finland looks amazing, it's still on my list of one of the Nordic countries for me to visit, my brother went to Lapland last Christmas took my nephew and niece to meet Mr Claus :), they had a wonderful time. We spent a lot of time in Norway a few years ago, that was gorgeous too, summer time was special there with the midnight sun, it blew my mind that I could be reading my book on the veranda at 1am in natural daylight!

back to Hugo:cool::cool::cool:
    Looking good in blue:):)

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice blue for Hugo today. Enjoy the celebration.

Tiina and Hugo likes this.
  4. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

So glad the +1 is making a nice difference. Enjoy the music and festivities tonight. I look forward to looking at your link about the celebration. :cat:

5. Tiina and Hugo

Thank you! The Midsummer is tomorrow actually, but many of the rock festivals start today and today people rush to buy groceries and drinks in the shops. So many people everywhere and then all cities go quiet tomorrow and the whole weekend. Most people go to the countryside to burn bonfires. We couldn't go to the cabin, because other family members are there and they have dogs. The city festival I'm going to is rather new, so hopefully it will attract a crowd. Finns love the sauna so there is a sauna in the middle of the market square where the festival is held.

How nice that you have been to Scandinavia before. Hopefully you will visit Finland too :) Lapland is really beautiful in the winter, but most visit Finland in the summer when you don't have to be freezing all the time. :D I'm also very happy to hear that you know about the midnight sun!

6. Tiina and Hugo

It's time to shoot but his PMPS is 59 :eek::eek::eek: How can it be? I double checked and it was going down. And I fed him already. Two 18 hour cycles?

7. Tiina and Hugo

Or should I shoot a bit later? but now his number is food influenced?

8. Tiina and Hugo

Also I already drew the insulin to the syringe, how long is it still usable?

9. Tiina and Hugo

Now bg 63 after 15mins, he ate two teaspoons of 2% carb food

10. mucacopatarica

mucacopatarica Well-Known Member

Awwwwww. Hmmmm that s not nice. I just said to myself I must see what is happening with Hugo and I see that. I wouldnt give him insuline that low-but thats me. I would do 2*18. I see @Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey is here. Tricia what do you think?

11. Tiina and Hugo

And he wouldn't eat very much either, I offered two types of food but he only ate very little. I would be really scared to shoot that low.

12. mucacopatarica

13. Tiina and Hugo

I hope someone will turn up soon :) What is going on with this boy...I wonder if this clearing a bounce or what. I was cleaning earlier for some hours and he stayed in the sauna since he is scared of the vacuum cleaner. But I fed him before I started cleaning.

14. mucacopatarica

Tiina I think it would be the best to wait someone experienced to come. In the meantime keep Hugo up. We can call someone else but i cant remember the names. Do you have any suggestion?

15. Tiina and Hugo

Not really, no. My head is blank. I think you just mentioned the ones who have been following Hugo the longest. He is begging for food but won't eat his "health food".

16. mucacopatarica

17. carfurby (GA)

Since you already fed and his number is not coming up, I'd skip this shot or do the 18 hour shot.

18. carfurby (GA)

If you're going to do that, you can fed him if he's hungry.

19. mucacopatarica

Hmmmm 63 in practically the same as 59. Can you check again in 20 min?

Oh OK Carla is here.

20. Bobbie And Bubba

Hey I just saw the tag. Looking at SS BRB

21. Bobbie And Bubba

Oh good Carla is here. Yeah, if you fed him all ready, do the two 18 cycles or wait 2 hours after he ate and shoot then if you can be off the schedule by 2 hours. If not, I would do the two 18 hours cycles.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
    mucacopatarica likes this.
  22. Tiina and Hugo

Hi! I'm glad you're here. I don't want to skip, but better to do the two 18hr cycles then if I can't shoot like an hour late. He is tucking into his food now. Do you think this is clearing a bounce? How fast does insulin contamine in the syringe? It is in the fridge now.

23. Tiina and Hugo

So I could check in hour and a half and then shoot? Being off schedule isn't a problem.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  24. carfurby (GA)

It's not ideal to have insulin in the syringe and keep it that way, but if you're going to do an 18 hour shot, you should be okay to use it.

25. carfurby (GA)

Since he is eating, that will influence any numbers if you delay the shot by an hour or two. Can you stay up all night and monitor if you need to?

26. carfurby (GA)

If you want to shoot 2 hours late, don't feed him any more between now and then and test and see where his numbers are. Then you can see if he's coming up any.

27. Bobbie And Bubba

If being off schedule by two hours isn't a problem, I would go with that option so you can get insulin into faster than doing the two 18 As long as he gives you a shootable number 2 hours from the time he ate. If not, go with the two 18 cycles.

28. Tiina and Hugo

I can stay up today, because I'm staying in, but tomorrow evening I was supposed to go the festival...I am just trying to think what is the best way to go so he won't have a chance to go back too high.

18-hour-cycle would mean shooting at what would have been the +5? or not?

29. mucacopatarica

Isnt better to do 2*18 if you are going out tomorrow? So you wont be tottaly off schedule.
    I think its +6. 12+6 18

30. Tiina and Hugo

Okay, but I will wait for one hour and 15 minutes and then come back to pester you with my questions. Thanks so much for helping me, this was a totally new situation for Hugo and me. I nearly couldn't believe my eyes. I'm taking away his foods now.

31. carfurby (GA)

18 hour would mean shooting at what would have been +6. Remember, if you shoot 2 hours late, your shot tomorrow morning will be 2 hours late, or 1 hour and 20 min. if you want to start moving it back to normal shot time. I hope that makes sense. Did you see my note above to not feed him any more until you shoot? Sorry for so many different replies at once.

32. Bobbie And Bubba

Consider your schedule and see where Hugo is at what would be 2 hours after he ate and post again. I will try to pop back on and see what your are doing. This is exciting Tiina!

33. Tiina and Hugo

Hi, I saw it. Sorry it's chaotic here now and my head is spinning with all the info and when I try to maneuvre everything at the same time. He ate a couple of teaspoons of 2.5% of Sheba Delicato food, so that shouldn't bring up the BG too much. I can measure in 15 minutes to see where he is at.

The festival tomorrow evening doesn't mean the world to me, I wouldn't go anyway if its pouring rain like today. But it would be nice to get out of the house a bit.

My math skills are also embarrassingly bad. Lol. 12+6 is obviously 18.

34. Tiina and Hugo

Thanks so much!! Yes, Hugo sure can surprise me. :eek:

35. carfurby (GA)

He needed to eat something or he may have kept dropping. This is very exciting for you and Hugo. I understand that it can be overwhelming though.

36. Tiina and Hugo

Two hours from when he last ate and not two hours from scheduled shot time...Okay, now I get it. I missed that info.

37. Bobbie And Bubba

Correct, because the food could influence the number making it artificially higher so if you wait 2 hours after, the number is more reliable.

38. Bobbie And Bubba

Good job with your coaching Sara and sticking with Tiina. :)

39. mucacopatarica

We are coaching eachother hehe. Two confused beginners :D

40. Tiina and Hugo

Thank you Sara @mucacopatarica for all the help and support. Yes we are confused, but you stay on the map much better than me! In my family I'm known as the person to who NOT to go in crisis, because my freaking out will freak everyone else out even more. My sister is as cool as a cucumber and I'm all over the place. It's good that we balance each other.

Hugo's food incluenced number is now 103, it's one hour from PMPS, but only half an hour since he last ate.

41. Bobbie And Bubba

How much do you think he ate?

42. Bobbie And Bubba

You both are doing great!

43. Tiina and Hugo

I think about two teaspoons of both foods. And both are around 2% of carbs.

Talking about cool, Hugo is just chilling.

20160622_205137.jpg

44. mucacopatarica

Ooooo i can be such a mess especially when something is wrong wit Tač :banghead:
    Thank you Bobbie, we try.
    I think it would be the best to wait these 2 hours and see what Hugo will do. But you must consider that you will be of schedule for about 2,5 or 3 hours than.

45. mucacopatarica

You didnt give him full meal than?

46. Tiina and Hugo

Not a full meal, no. He didn't seem to want to eat his LC foods, but tasted some from two bowls. Difficult to assess the amount, but there was plenty left.

I know how you feel when your cat is not well. I'm the same. I worry so much I can't function. And want to rush them to the hospital if there is something not right.

47. mucacopatarica

I allready did that for no good reason. Now i try to breathe first and think again before i do something.
    I think that change the situation. @Bobbie And Bubba Is Tiina still have to wait 2 hours if she gave only about 2 teaspoons of food?

48. Bobbie And Bubba

It could change it. Why don't you get another test and see what the number is Tiina and we'll go from there.

49. Tiina and Hugo

I'm out of the house for half an hour buying him some hc just in case I need it later. Will get back soon :)

50. Bobbie And Bubba

Good thinking. :)

51. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Generally speaking, those following TR shoot preshot numbers 50 and over if they're available to monitor, have supplies on hand, and can steer the curve if necessary.

Just dropping these guidelines in here to help... they're for those following TR (from the
    TIGHT REGULATION: SHOOTING & HANDLING LOW NUMBERS sticky:

HOW TO DEAL WITH LOW PRESHOT NUMBERS:

The following guidelines apply to those following the Tight Regulation Protocol only.

You just tested your cat’s preshot number, and there is a much lower than usual number staring back at you. What do you do?

There is no one-size-fits all answer, but there are some general guidelines. As with everything else, each cat is different (ECID) and each caregiver is different too.

The short answer is that most kitties can be shot at +12, almost regardless of the number, once you are data ready to do so. The exception is that shooting 30s or 40s is not recommended for most cats, so if a cat is lower then usually the best option is to wait until they are at a shootable number to shoot. What constitutes a shootable number will vary by cat, but we don't suggest or recommend shooting a preshot number less than 50. While you’re waiting, the depot is draining, so you want to get the insulin in as soon as it makes sense to shoot.

If it is your first time shooting green, then we will likely suggest that you stall the first time, even if the number is 80-100. That will let you collect data on what your cat will do when you stall. One thing you can do if you are having a low cycle is to get a +10 and +11. Those will give you a good idea of how quickly the cat’s numbers are rising (or not) when preshot time arrives.

Beyond the general guidelines, there are other factors we consider when we are helping someone with a low preshot.

• If the low preshot is not part of that cat’s normal pattern or there is reason to think something might be wrong, we will be more conservative.
    • If the cat is not a food spiker or tends to have an early onset/early nadir then they may not want to shoot as low. If the cat has a late nadir, then they will HAVE to learn to shoot low.
    • We will also be more conservative in some cases because of the person – if you are not able to monitor then you want to be more careful, or if you are not sure that you can get back to the board to keep us updated throughout the cycle. Trust me, if you shoot low, we will be watching for your updates and we will worry if we don’t see them.
    • We have to be a lot more careful with the cats who eat only dry food, because they don’t have access to the tools the rest of us use to keep our cats safe.
    • Also, when it comes to very low preshots, there is an unwritten rule that whoever helps that person shoot low should expect to sit with them through any low parts of the cycle. There have been times when I knew a cat’s number was likely shootable, but I also knew that I could not be around to help if the shot resulted in low numbers later in the cycle. For safety’s sake, if I could not find someone else who would be available to support for the next several hours, I would most likely suggest that the shot be reduced or skipped. I will not encourage someone to shoot low and then abandon them.
    • There are a lot of other scenarios, and you always want to keep your cat in mind.
    Some general rules when stalling (ECID):

** 50s or higher – don’t feed. The number will bump up on its own soon due to the insulin wearing off.
    ** 40s or lower – you have a couple of choices.

• When 40s occur at the end of the cycle, it can be beneficial to withhold food and test in 15-20 minutes to determine if kitty is on the rise or hasn’t reached nadir yet.
    • If they are hanging in the 40s for a while, or if they are still dropping, it is ok to feed a tsp or two of LC and retest. This is very tricky. You want to avoid feeding too much while you’re waiting for them to go over 50, because you don’t want to artificially inflate the number with food.
      • --- Example: if kitty is 43 and you feed a whole meal, or feed some HC, and the number bumps up to 52, is that the cat’s natural end-of-cycle rise, or is it food spike? What if it is food spike? Then if you shoot the 52, when the food wears off he might drop back to the 40’s (and when insulin kicks in a couple of hours later, you might have a problem). If the 52 is the cat’s natural rise, then he will probably keep rising for the next few hours until insulin kicks in. If you can’t tell whether the number is food spike or natural rise, it’s safest to wait. Your data will help you here. Study the spreadsheet. How much food spike does the cat usually get? How many hours after the shot does the insulin’s onset usually occur in this cat? At what number is the cat likely to be when onset occurs? If the cat does drop, how easy/hard is it to regain control of the numbers? How carb sensitive is he?
    ** Test often (every 15-20 minutes, or at most every 30 minutes). You want to catch the rise the minute it starts. With most of our cats, once they start to rise they will really zoom. You want to get the insulin in as soon as possible, because it will be another 2-3 hours before the insulin kicks in and you don’t want to let the cycle get too far ahead of you.

Perhaps the most important guideline in shooting low is that any time you shoot your lowest ever number, you should get a +1 and +2 to give you an idea of how the cycle will go. If the +1 is not higher than PS, or if +2 is much lower than PS, that means “pay attention” over the next few hours. Those tests will also help you become even more data ready for the next time you are presented with a low preshot reading.

Using the overlap by shooting low is a great way to take advantage of Lantus/Levemir’s long, flat cycles, once you have learned to do so safely.

~ written by Libby and Lucy

52. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Tina

I hope you don't mind if I toss in a thought here for the next time because there will be a next time. Two important things to note:
    • He's clearing a bounce (thus you are faced with a dropping number)
    • You haven't shot a lot of green numbers but you have been here a while and you have data.
    I can see where shooting a dropping number can be a little scary for brand new members and so we don't encourage that until they have a bit of data. But, for a member with data who knows their cat, shooting a dropping number can provide some nice carryover and overlap and allow the insulin to work as it is designed. Please read carefully post #6 in Libby's TR Protocol Myths Debunked.

It's very worthwhile to be completely familiar with Libby's post on Dealing with Low Preshots. I printed it and always had it available until I had it memorized.

If a CG is available and able to monitor and has supplies, there's no reason for someone who has been here a while and has data to not shoot on time as long as the number is above 50.

Hugo could have been given a shot on time with the 59. And even though you fed a tiny bit of LC before you posted, If he were mine, I would have definitely shot the 63, fed a good meal of a couple tsp of LC, and gotten a +1 to start.

Just a general comment for all. There is a copious amount of information in this ISG to help members with almost every situation they might face and how to deal with it in terms of the TR protocol, if that is what the member is following.

All members who are using the TR protocol and have been here a while should be familiar with it and where to find it in case there is no one around to help. I know we all want to take advantage of the great support here (we did) and each member should. It takes time to build confidence in our knowledge.

If a member has never used the TR protocol, they might want to be cautious about offering advice unless they have thoroughly studied and understand it...as well as the action of the insulins.

ETA: I see @Jill & Alex (GA) and I cross posted. GMTA:p:joyful:

53. Tiina and Hugo

Hi everyone, sorry I just popped out to the shop because tomorrow they are only open for four hours because of Midsummer and if I can't leave Hugo tomorrow morning I needed to get that HC now.

Thank you for the information you posted Marje and Jill, and I know I could have given the shot, but when I took the PMPS twice in a row, at first he was 3.4mmol/l and then right after 3.3mmol/l, so I thought he was too low to shoot considering he was dropping and wouldn't eat his foods.

But I measured now and he is 104. So I will shoot now and feed.

54. mucacopatarica

Sorry I must clear out something: If cat is low and you wait for another half an hour and he/she is even lower (but over 50) you should still give him/her shot? What about better be safety than sorry?

55. Bobbie And Bubba

Go for it. And get a +1 after you shoot. :)

56. Bobbie And Bubba

The idea with Lantus is that you shoot low to stay low and Lantus is good about keeping lower numbers flat. ( Look at Bubba's SS to see what I mean, besides his +2 food spike, he stays rather close to his Pre shot number) I understand Tiina's worry about shooting a green number since she never has before. I wasn't comfortable to coach her to do that not knowing how long I could be around to assist. The information that Jill posted is really good information to know. I need to refresh myself with it again.

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  57. mucacopatarica

What about if cat dont wanna eat? Still shot?
    I absolutely understand Tiina. Its not only that she never did that before, she have experiences with Hugos quick drops. Its even scarrier to shot low if cat have dopped for 200mg/dl in few hours only one or two days ago.

58. Bobbie And Bubba

Typically, when you shoot low, there are not those big drops. It is scary the first time but until you do it and see that the numbers stay rather flat it does seem scary.

As far as the eating, there is wiggle room before the onset of the insulin.

59. Tiina and Hugo

That was by far the lowest preshot number I have ever seen Hugo have (the only green one too) and I was simply scared. But I will monitor and who knows, he might bounce from going that low. I guess I should be measuring even after nadir, when mostly I don't to save on the strips. The amount of strips he uses every day is so much, but I still want to follow TR to help my cat get regulated. I might need to change to my other meter in the morning again.

Now he ate just a little of the 0% Cosma Tuna with the shot.

Because it is a holiday here in Finland, the vet is also closed for three days. Only the emergency clinic is open, and it's one hour drive away and they charge with 100% increase. But I have the honey and HC, and treats and even some dry. And you! :D If you still bear with me and my repetitive questions. :D

60. mucacopatarica

Wiggle room...how long is that? Sorry I have a lot of questions (I am in simmilar situation right now)

61. Bobbie And Bubba

I should have used the word onset instead of wiggle room, it is usually 2-4 hours after the insulin is given, ECID. With Bubba it isn't until +4.

62. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

It means the onset of the new dose of insulin happens at about +2 usually, so you have about 2 hours to feed him before the new insulin dose starts to bring the numbers down.

63. Tiina and Hugo

Sorry if I chime in, but isn't Hugo's onset already at +1 then if by +2 he can drop by half? That is why I'm giving the +1 feedings, to slow down his crazy dive at +2. I'm just thinking if shooting a 50 with a cat who drops so fast is safe since he isn't regulated yet like many of the other cats here whose preshot numbers are green. Just thinking, I guess because I have no data about shooting green and I don't know how my cat will react, I worry. He means the world to me and I just want him safe and healthy. :)

64. Marje and Gracie

In this case, Tina also said he ate "some".

Remember that every cat and every situation is different. The TR protocol provides the general guidelines and if it is safe to shoot (e.g. BG is above 50 on a human meter or 68 on a pet meter, CG is able and available to test, CG has supplies, cat is doing well), then the information we posted leads you through that. If any of those situations are different, you need to know your kitty well enough to know how to use the guidelines to his/her benefit and ask for help if you need it.

When Hugo was flat, and not still dropping, after the second test, that's an indication it is safe to shoot. He had only a small amount of LC food so doubtful there was a food spike.

What I have found over the years in dealing with FD myself and helping others is that many members, even when faced with a green number at preshot for the third, fourth, fifth, etc time, want to stall. Then the number keeps dropping to the point where it's too low to shoot. However, if the member has data on how their cat responds to food at low numbers, and it is "safe" to shoot as referenced above, the best option is to shoot and feed and let the numbers rise as it is the end of the cycle and the food will help with the numbers to come up a bit (in most cases) before onset.

65. Marje and Gracie

Typically the lower they are, the less they will drop. While he might drop 60 or 70 an hour if he's at 300, he won't drop that fast if he's in green numbers.

My Gracie, on Lantus, loved to drop into PS and she would get carryover and overlap after the shot. Also, she liked to take some deep dives from higher numbers. She might drop a little more after PS from a green number but it wasn't usually drastic. That's where you monitor. It's ok to get a +0.5 and if I thought she could even potentially drop after her shot, that's what I'd do.

66. mucacopatarica

Thank you Marje for extensive explanation :bighug:

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  67. Tiina and Hugo

Thanks Marje for explaining that. :)

I just took a +1 and Hugo has dropped to 86. I will give him some food now if he'll eat it. LC.

68. Gill & George

Sorry I wasn't around earlier, I was at the dog groomers and shops, just got back 30min ago.

I see you have already had great advice and explanation from Marje. Hope you get a great green surf from Hugo tonight:D:D

69. Tiina and Hugo

Hi Gill and thank you, I hope so.:cat: I'm petrified! :nailbiting:

Because of the Midsummer celebrations post office is holding my Zooplus food package. So it's already in Finland, but they won't give it to me until Monday. I hope he eats the foods I have, not looking so keen now.

70. Tiina and Hugo

+1.5 63 so he's dropping more

71. Bobbie And Bubba

Is he eating for you?

72. Tiina and Hugo

Not much, I tried giving some more food but he only nibbled it. I wonder if I should retest in 15 minutes and then if he has dropped more, give MC?

73. Bobbie And Bubba

That's what I would do. If you know that he will eat the MC just give a little bit, maybe a teaspoon or 2.

74. Tiina and Hugo

It's strange that he is being so picky now, usually he eats so well. Now he just tries to wipe around the bowl with his paw.

75. Bobbie And Bubba

If he is holding the same number when you test in 15, let him surf.

76. Bobbie And Bubba

Hugo, you are stressing the bean. I sent you another post when your came in, did you see it?

77. Tiina and Hugo

I did. He had come down some more so I gave just a bit of MC. Hopefully it wasn't too much. I'm out of chicken flavors for the LC foods, and he doesn't like the fish ones and for some reason just refuses the other LC brands too. He's totally stressing me...Come on now, work with me Hugo, it's your lowest preshot ever and now you're not eating your LC.

78. Bobbie And Bubba

You are doing great Tiina, hopefully he is just going to surf in blues a bit. Just enough to stress you out. You can be there with him so all is good. I will hang with you until we know that Hugo is coming up.

79. carfurby (GA)

I hope Hugo eats for you. He's still in safe numbers. When are you going to test again?

80. Tiina and Hugo

I'm not sure, I tested 15 mins ago but now would be his +2. Maybe I should give it a half an hour since he ate the MC? His last number was 59.

81. carfurby (GA)

That should be fine. Remember if he goes lower you can put honey on some LC or MC food instead of feeding the HC that may upset his stomach.

82. Bobbie And Bubba

I would test again 20 minutes after the MC, just for peace of mind and because you are in uncharted waters with Hugo.

83. Gill & George

The MC is a good idea, it's early in the cycle and though 63 is good, getting a bit more carb in him is probably a good idea.

I would check him again 20,min after the last test its early in the cycle and you have no data as yet for how he might behave.

84. Tiina and Hugo

Alright, will do. :) If only there was a LC food brand that he absolutely loves and eats like a champ every time, but nope. Not with this one. Hopefully there will be a petstore open tomorrow morning so I can get some chicken flavors.

Gill & George likes this.
  85. Bobbie And Bubba

GMTA We crossed posted, LOL

86. Gill & George

or is it Testaholics think alike? TTA;)

87. Tiina and Hugo

+2.15 is 85, hello foodspike :eek:

mucacopatarica and Gill & George like this.
  88. Gill & George

Well no food now and I would give him 45min to one hour and check again. If he's true to form he may well be on his way to the trampoline, but this is new territory for Hugo:D

89. Tiina and Hugo

I think one hour is safe enough, I wish he'd get on the surfboard instead of the trampoline :facepalm: Since it's still only +2, I hope for the surf.

90. mucacopatarica

Tiina you are doing great! I just read your condo now as you have a lot of experienced people here.

91. Tiina and Hugo

Thanks! I'm happy so many people are willing to help. Next time faced with a green preshot, maybe I have the guts to shoot. :) This was probably a one off thing. Back to the pinks tomorrow!

92. Bobbie And Bubba

If he does bounce, just look at all the time he stayed in nice healing numbers. ;)

93. Gill & George

You never know.
    And this is the longest stretch in Blue/green that he has had since you started on this journey?

94. Tiina and Hugo

It is :)

+3 is 67, so despite of the MC he has come down. I could try with the LC again, or should I wait?

95. Bobbie And Bubba

I would be inclined to wait. Here's why: 67 is a nice safe number and if he were to drop again you don't want to fill him up on food when you might need to eat later. Get another test in 30 minutes. How's Hugo handling being poked so much ?

96. Tiina and Hugo

Okay, I'll wait. It's only 15 minutes now until the next one. He doesn't mind the poking at all, he barely wakes up. He's sleeping on my bed now. But my strips for the Caresens meter are running out, and I can't exactly take some from my mum though I'm here at my parents'. But she's in the hospital after having surgery on her eye today. All diabetes related too...She has diabetic retinopathy. So I'm switching to my other meter soon.

97. Tiina and Hugo

+3.5 is 50

Eta, I gave the rest of the MC pouch that is 10.8%

Will be expecting an upset tummy in the morning...

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
  98. mucacopatarica

Hey Tiina! Will we be up all night?
    Absolutely give him MC.

99. Bobbie And Bubba

I hope he won't have an upset tummy but history has shown that to be the case with him. Is he eating it?

100. Tiina and Hugo

I just wrote to yours again at the same time :joyful: Yes these two could grab a snack together. Hugo will take a mini burger and Tacka will stick to the healthy snacks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.