6/23 Tigger AMPS 280 - going to the vet next week

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Moms2Tigger&Blu, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Moms2Tigger&Blu

Moms2Tigger&Blu Member

It's almost been a year since that terrible day we almost lost our prince. I can not believe how fast its gone . . . and I really can't believe he's not better regulated :(
    We are getting a yearly/senior wellness exam with bloodwork and all. Is there anything specific I should ask for? Is a fructosamine test worth it?

2. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

I’m sorry for you loss of Prince, I lost Sammie in dec and I can’t believe it’s been 6 months
    I personally would not get the fructosamine test and i base that on you test well
    Sending vetty vines

3. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Hope everything will be fine at the vet!
    Often they insist on fructosamine but as Jamie said, I don't think it's necessary; you test regularly!

4. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

No fructosamine test! I'd get the works though: urinalysis and senior panel. See how the kidneys and liver is doing.

5. Moms2Tigger&Blu

Moms2Tigger&Blu Member

agreed, i'm not worried about anything in particular but the idea of going is making me nervous so I'm planning all our questions and stuff well in advance. Symptomatically - or lack thereof - he's doing great so I know I shouldnt be worried but thats easier said than done

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Make sure the senior panel includes a T4 to check the thyroid. A urinalysis is also a good idea. Paws crossed for a boring vet visit.