6/26 Alexia's BluePMPS 242, +2 204, +4.5 131

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Hillary & Maui (GA), Jun 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

He's doing really well and loves to drop steep and quick. I'm experimenting with slightly higher carb food 5-7% to see if that may slow the steep early drop. Based off last night's drop, this am, I used 7% - I'd like to go to the pool today and not be concerned about this boy going below 50! ;-)

I also took the fat off his dose, so he got a true .4/1.0 (.4 if using U40 syringe/ 1.0 on U100 syringe).

WARNING - Especially for newbies!!! Unless you know how to convert from U40 to U100 syringe and know what this all means, DO NOT COPY What I am doing - it is specific to this boy only!

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Re: 6/26 Alexia's Blue AMPS 198

Looking good Hillary! You're doing very well with Blue!
    I love experiments! :lol: Sigh, those were the days...

Have a good weekend!!!

3. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Re: 6/26 Alexia's Blue AMPS 198

Right - how could I forget, you were the queen of experiments and mini meals! Can't wait to read the update next week!

4. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Re: 6/26 Alexia's Blue AMPS 198, +3 90

well not sure if this experiment is working.... :?

He still dropped 100 points in 3 hours. Gave him more 7% and now he's disappeared, might be under the futon, not sure...oh well.... I'll get one more test and then it's pool time! Yeah

5. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Laurie and Mr Tinkles Well-Known Member

Re: 6/26 Alexia's Blue AMPS 198, +3 90

Experiments are good, it's the only way to see what happens if....

Remember you changed his food and his dose at the same time, hard to distinguish effects with 2 variables. I would let the dose ride for another cycle or two and retry the food experiment...better data then. :smile:

Looking good, Hillary. Alexia is going to be so happy, you have done such a great job with Blue! Have fun at the pool!

6. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Re: 6/26 Alexia's Blue AMPS 198, +3 90, +5 159

Maybe it's working, +5 and 159.

I now swapped out and put down 2/3%.

7. FurballLover

FurballLover Member

Wow!! This kitty is workin real hard to get to the falls. So happy to see how well you both are doing.

Have fun at the pool--don't forget your sunscreen.

8. Hillary & Maui (GA)

I'm thinking when he goes home on Friday, he wants to go home broken and have something to show for being at Hillary's Funtime Camp!

9. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

hillary, i think these numbers are GREAT, including the 90. it's a much nicer curve, so i think the combo of slightly higher carb food and that smaller dose are working nicely.
    yea!

10. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Thanks Chris,

That's what I was thinking and for tonight so far:

PMPS 242
    +2 204

While I don't like the yellows, I like that it's a slower drop. Seems to be the 7% that's doing it. I pulled out the sharpie and labeled each can I got for him so, I know what is what and will suggest to Alexia that she do the same.

11. Hillary & Maui (GA)

this carb % thing seems to be working, gave him 7% for dinner and 2/3% for his 4.5 hour snack.

12. Kelly & Oscar

Kelly & Oscar Well-Known Member

Now that's a much more gentle drop tonight! I'd be curious where his nadir would be tonight - but sleep is good and he isn't in any danger I don't believe.

13. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

lol, do want to warn you that when alexia gets him back he may respond differently. you know kitties. :)

but it sure looks like you're onto something there: slightly higher carb at shot time or as a snack between then and +2, then a lower carb snack later. at least for the PM shot it moved his nadir further down the cycle instead of so early.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.