6/27 Floyd AMPS 461, +6 221, +9 420

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Janine & Floyd (GA), Jun 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Janine & Floyd (GA)

Janine & Floyd (GA) Member

Yesterday

Yucky PS numbers, but with Floyd I've come to expect that. He still loves that bouncy house!:rolleyes:

I took the sage advice of @Wendy&Neko and stayed at 2 u to let the depot stabilize. So we're just waiting to see where the day takes him.

He is just fabulous though! :cool:The cabergoline is like a miracle! His coat hasn't looked so good in years. His fur has all grown back on his sides from where he was licking it off (I'm convinced it was the acidity of the Lantus that was bothering him) and he's actually doing normal grooming again. I keep telling him he looks like a real cat again!

Floyd is proof-positive that anything is possible with our kitties! He feels good in blues and greens and feels punky in blacks instead of the other way around. Even if he doesn't go into remission (paws crossed) he's feeling great and seeing numbers like he's NEVER seen and that makes me happy. :joyful::cat:

2. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

So happy to hear the cabergoline is working for you. It seems to help many cats here.

His SS looks amazing. Keep it up sexy grey cat from another sexy grey cat!

Janine & Floyd (GA) likes this.
  3. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Nice report on Floyd! So glad the cabergoline is working well for him. Sounds like he is feeling and looking mighty fine!

4. Janine & Floyd (GA)

Not liking these numbers at all! @Wendy&Neko how many cycles should I wait before increasing? I'm itching to go back up tonight!

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

This is the hard part about changing doses too frequently, you don't know what size the depot thinks it is. Combined with the possibility his dose needs are changing rapidly. :banghead: But in a good way. He got green yesterday during the day, and might have at night as well. We don't know if he's bouncing or just not enough juice.

Depending on how you feel about sleep tonight, I see two options. Hold the dose tonight, get a good sleep and see if he comes down. If not increase in the AM. Second option is to increase tonight. Had you though what you'd want to increase to? I wouldn't do a big increase.
    Awesome!!

6. Janine & Floyd (GA)

Sleep? What's that? LOL

Ok. I'm holding the dose tonight. He certainly could have hit green last night considering that his AM cycle nadirs have been hitting at +9, he could have been going down after his last check. I think we'll know if this is a bounce this next cycle.

I was thinking 3 units, but that may be too much of a hike? 2.5 units?

7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I was thinking more like 2.5 units. For any lurkers, this is only for Floyd. He is an acrocat responding well to cabergoline, some dosing guidelines need to be bent.

8. Amanda & Shmee

Amanda & Shmee Well-Known Member

Great to hear Floyd is doing so well :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.