? 6/27 Jag: AMPS: 115, +2 48 - ReliOn Meters Question

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by chrisb3127, Jun 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrisb3127

chrisb3127 Member

Jag has been doing better still BG-wise. Mostly blues pre-shot. I reduced his dose to 2.5u per recommendation of vet. Going to hold this for a week.

I got one of those ReliOn Premier Blu meters today, mainly because the test strips are under $18 for 100 vs $35 for 100 on the ReliOn Confirm.

I used the same drop of blood to test him at +3. Confirm shows him at 48, and Premier Blu at 64. (I put +2 in subject, can't edit now :( )

Is it normal for the numbers to vary? I want to use the Premier from today onward, but seeing differing numbers concerns me a little especially when one of them is <50.

Jag is still acting better than he's been for the past 2 weeks -- purring, follows me around, grooming himself again, and just overall more alert.

Still not eating solo, but I think I will need to relax the syringe feeding schedule first, to try and get him eating independently. I've still been feeding him since I don't want to risk him losing weight, but will need to forego an afternoon and try to get him to eat himself.

2. chrisb3127

chrisb3127 Member

Alright, just did a +4, using 3(!) meters!! :D His ears always give good amount of blood, so it was simple to do all 3.

ReliOn Confirm: 50
    ReliOn Premier Blu: 74
    AT2: 101

Can't say much until I test him more over time, but if the Premier Blu has closer numbers to AT2, this would be a good thing, as far as accuracy. He's not near hypo, so this is a good thing. :)

3. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Shawna & Davidson (GA) Well-Known Member

All meters will vary, even if you buy two of the same (I did) there will be a difference. The meters are for a very good guidance, but apparently we are supposed to accept a 20% margin of error, which isn’t a lot when we look at our BG numbers. I am not familiar with that meter, but the strips in Walmart USA for the Reli-on Prime are $17.58/100 strips......perhaps others can reply if they have the same new meter as you

chrisb3127 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.