6.27 Rufus PMBG 175

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sean & Rufus, Jun 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean & Rufus

Sean & Rufus Well-Known Member

Hey guys, been a while. Rufus has been doing pretty good overall in the remission and IBD and "general health" (or intolerance) aspect lately, up until a week ago I'd say. I tested on 6.22 and was 135, which was a little higher then he was running. Tested again on 6.25 and was 140. Tested tonight and was 175. Ugh. He has been a little off since this past week as I've said. Appetite not as strong, but still eating. I haven't been giving him his Pepcid, so that might be it. I'm just really wondering if it's his teeth again. The teeth has been a concern of mine since he had dental in Feb, as he's never been the same. I just don't have the $2000 to do dental again. Damn tooth resorption. I will say that has been eating a ton of treats lately. My bad, I've been a neglectful parent to him and Ozzie as I've been working again, and "longer" hours then before and I'm trying to get back in his good graces. Also, he pooped in the family room downstairs last night. Sick? Spite? Trying to tell me something. I don't know. I guess what I'm getting at is maybe if you could would you just think good thoughts for my baby please. I'd hate to have to start insulin again, and I really dont want to spend $2000 again so soon and put him through that whole ordeal.

2. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

With IBD...it will wax and wane. So he may just be going through a rough period.

Those treats are probably not helping.

A change in routine could also be part of the reason.

Was the poop normal or diarrhea.

Add back the pepcid and see if that helps. Is he getting all his other meds?

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  3. Sean & Rufus

Yeah, I hope it's just a rough patch. Just seems off. Those treats aren't helping, and really the other reason I give them is I don't think he's eating enough cals a day if he doesn't have treats. Well actually I just weighed him and he's up 12 ounces. That's good and bad.

The poop was very light color almost tan and it was formed at first and then ended in less formed of that makes sense. So maybe he had a tummy ache? Or is that pancreatitus form the light color?

As far as meds go, he's only on Pepcid and B12 injections, which I don't even know if I should be giving. Oh and he get his Adequan monthly and Cosequin daily.

My plan for now is no more treats and see what his numbers do. If they stay mid to higher 100's, I'll have to book a dental.

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  4. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hi Sean! I am sorry to hear that Rufus's numbers are creeping...... that tan soft poop makes me think he could be starting with a pancreatitis flare. If the treats are dry, I would think too many of those would be causing constipation. But, he is experiencing softer poo.

Does he seem like he is in discomfort? Any meat-loafing?

5. Sean & Rufus

Hi! He doesn't do the meatloaf position, just laying in places he doesn't normally lay and just seems a bit lethargic. Maybe even a tad sad or depressed?

I just did another bg test and came back at 100, so that is good.

I have him his pepcid and a b12 shot. I may give either ondan or cerenia tomorrow if he's not finishing his wet food. I threw away the treats. Now that I think about it, I wonder if those were causing some of the issues. I usually buy temptations but this time it was the friskies ones I think. I notice that he's been licking himself a lot more lately too. Could be his allergy/ intolerance acting up...

6. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Hi Sean - glad to hear that Rufus is generally doing good. I hope his small relapses to 140 and 175 are just temporary.

The B12 should not really affect him. The dental can.

Leo had a major dental about 2 months ago. Major resorption. Leo had his top canines removed and some molars. Poor kitteh. So it happens with some of our fur-kids. I never really understood the high costs of cat dentals. Heck - my teeth don't even cost that much.

7. Sean & Rufus

Thanks Jeff. I tested when I got home tonight and it's 122. I'll take it. Pooped on floor downstairs again. Still not sure if that is him bein mad though. He likes to go #2 outside and wanted to go out this am, but I had to leave for work. So who knows.

He's not feeling well though. He's not eating all his food, and is hanging by the fountain and burped. Guessing he's pretty nauseous :( I'll give him a ondan and see if it helps.

Dental is beyond crazy expensive. This dang resorption is sickening. I'll make a call later.

And I think some of that heat made it up here. 90 today and tomorrow will be 100 and humid! Ick!

8. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Yeah, 100 and humid is not fun. It is the same here in Austin these days.

For BG = 122, I only wish Leo would do that. Yeah, that is fine.

Little Dude will only poop and pee outside. We are not going to test what happens if he is locked inside. Maybe he would poop on a blanket or a floor towel. We can't really train him in a litter box because we have 2 droolers, and they will eat the turds. Yeah, not a fun picture there.:eek::confused:

Sean & Rufus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.