6.28 Bella amps 238,+2 212,pmps 303,+3 147,+5 97

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Bellasmom, Jun 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Bella comes down today. How is Abby doing?

Bellasmom likes this.
  3. Bellasmom

Me too, he pooped in floor(that’s his way of telling me something is wrong,he’s been doing that for yrs when something is off) I’m sure it’s because of his BG
    Abby is doing great except to continues to over groom, I tt vet yesterday about it and he said it’s prob a habit from the hyperthyroid and it should go away, we go back tues to remove stitches and back in aug for recheck of T4 levels, he said we would address the ocd grooming then

4. Bellasmom

I’m calling vet today to see if I can get something without a steroid

Jill & Alex (GA) likes this.
  5. carfurby (GA)

I'm glad Abby is doing well. I hope the vet can give you something without a steroid for Bella.

6. Bellasmom

Am I right where I’ve seen on here I think where steroids have caused diabetes in cats? And if so why does that happen

7. carfurby (GA)

Yes, that can happen. There was one person on here who's cat had FD caused by steroids and once the cat got off the steroids it went OTJ pretty quickly. However, sometimes steroids are needed and you just have to work the insulin dose around it. And steroids don't always cause FD.

Bellasmom likes this.
  8. Bellasmom

Ok thanks, I thought I read it

9. Bellasmom

Does anyone know anything about excessive grooming, bella is back at it with Andy, he has groomed him so much that Andy again has a bald spot right behind his ear on his neck and now also has a bald spot about the size of a baseball on his side, don’t know what to do to stop him, he just loves Andy soooooooooooooooooo much! Any ideas would be appreciated, I did put neosporin on his patches hoping Bella would like the taste and also I noticed Andy scratching at them now

10. Bellasmom

Vet said if eye look ok just stop drops, keep an eye on it, so stopping drops,

11. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Yay for bella. Glad to hear that.

Bellasmom likes this.
  12. carfurby (GA)

Glad you talked to the vet about the drops and can stop them. I hope his eye will stay better without them.

Bellasmom likes this.
  13. Bellasmom

thanks!

14. Bellasmom

Thanks!

15. Bellasmom

Big drop in 3 hours, think we may be on to something, I don’t care if I have to set the alarm all night

16. Bellasmom

Omg I’m so so excited, finally a green!!! I knew he could do it, it was the eye drops, he didn’t have any all day, yes I skipped this am, I had a feeling in my gut he would say stop the meds, I will make sure bella get NO meds with steroids if we can at all avoid them, wonder why they do that and even sometimes cause diabetes

17. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

:DTime for your Happy dance!!:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.