6/30 Cody lev day 23

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by Nancy and Cody, Jun 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nancy and Cody

Nancy and Cody Well-Known Member

Well after flying up to 13u we spent a week there hoping it would be the magic dose, but he seemed to be losing ground again, and so were off again, trying 14u. No blue today, but he had bounced a bit last night and had a long way to fall. Hes had a runny nose almost 2 weeks, and recently a goopy eye, so that may me messing us up. I started AB eye drops from Feb, and Carolyn suggested L lysine, but I just haven't gone out to get it. Have others had luck with Lysine? After our Tenderfoot ER /vet week, my DH would probably have a stroke if we went in for a runny nose :eek: :lol:

He's been acting OK, smiling when he sleeps and willing to cat nap with us on the couch, which is progress. He's having a running dream next to me right now :lol: :lol: DD has said that he's happy and purry when he goes to bed & wakes up with her. (He's happy because that timed feeder is opening at 4AM, right next to her bed, and he doesn't have to beg) It a wonderful life to be Nancy's cat.... SPOILED He isn't so aggressive going after the other animal's food, ( he's acting nonchalant, so we forget ad leave something out - I know his game-ACROS are smart.

I was hoping for more pretty blues by now. 14 is the largest dose he's ever had on any other insulin, so we are about to enter uncharted territory for us. Thanks to those of you who forged the way...

2. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

Hey there Nancy,

Sounds like you have a very happy, spoiled, smart boy! I know it stinks to keep raising the dose, but the dang tumor just keeps on. Don't worry about how much you're shooting, just worry about how much better the boy feels in nice numbers. Hope you and all the furries have a good day!

3. Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA

Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA Well-Known Member

Hi Nancy - glad he's feeling good - that is the most important thing!

4. sehjak (Susan & Lanky)

sehjak (Susan & Lanky) Well-Known Member

Nancy - you really do have a lot going on - looks like you are doing a great job too. I think we are going to start Levemir pretty soon too.

Lanky says hi to Cody!

5. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

The dose size means squat.

If you think back to how he was when you first started giving insulin - he seemed sick and the dose was nice and small.
    Now, fast forward to now and what has changed? Well, for one, you have a happy purry kitty back, and oh yeah, your dose is alot higher.

I say big deal. It matters not whether you need 2u or 20u, or any in between or above. The same rules will apply how you increase or decrease his dose. The feeder will make a great difference as the balanced foods make for better odds of balanced BG. Just looking at the ss, what do you see? I see more flat-ish cycles, and where did the big bounces go? Gone!

Cody's doing just fine, so who cares if it takes him 14u or more to get to that happy place.
    It's looking like the Lev is agreeing with him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.