6/4 Worried about Scrabble

Discussion in 'Honeymooners / OTJ' started by Michelle & Scrabble (GA), Jun 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

HI everyone! I am a little worried about Scrabble. He has had liqui poo since Thurs morning. I know it is him because I got home from work and there was poo all over his tail (pretty gross!!) I thought maybe it was the deli chicken I had given him but this morning (Fri) he still has it. Should I be worried? I also got home from work this morning and there was a big thing of puke with a hairball in it. I am not sure whether it was Scrabble or Sabrina. DH got up this morning(4 hours later) and said there was puked up food all over the floor.
    Should I try forti flora in his food? Would that help? He seems fine and has been acting like his normal self?

2. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Hi, Michelle! (((Scrabble))) probably has a touch of kitty sickness, I have not had this happen with Sadi or Baby - maybe post in Health too (quicker reply & more eyes)
    I am sure everything is fine, can you get him into the Vet today? Is he running a temp? :YMHUG:

3. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Hi Nicole, I just posted in health thanks! He threw up again and is still having liquid poo. The vet doesn't open for 2 hours (they are on lunch) so I am going to call them and see if I should bring him in. I am afraid to check his bg's!! I don't think he has a temp, I do not have a thermometer so I don't know but he doesn't feel any warmer than usual. Hope he will be ok, I am so worried about him.

4. Melanie and Smokey

Melanie and Smokey Well-Known Member

I would definitely call and talk to the vet since it sounds like it is lingering. Is there anything Scrabble could have gotten into thats making his tummy upset? Does he go outside where he might have caught a rodent? Any change in food lately?

5. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

No Scrabble is an inside cat and I don't think there is anything he could have gotten into. The food has remained the same too. He is kind of looking like he doesn't feel good right now. He has been in and out of the box a couple of times and hasn't been able to go. I am going to call the vet at 3 and hopefully get him in. I will post an update

6. drjsiems

drjsiems Member

Michelle,

Jake has had bouts of loose stool (and poo on his tail - yuck) since before and after going OTJ. Jake used to have lots of loose stools when he was fed FF canned. Then I switched him to Wellness canned and he only has this problem occasionally. But when he does, I use Proviable paste. It works immediately to firm up the stool by killing the bacteria that is causing it. As far as hairballs, both Jake and his civvie brother have had them and vomit to expel them. I know that hairballs make civvie brother Boomer constipated, but I am not sure about how that relates to loose stools. I think that the hairballs upset the stomach, so that MAY be a reason for the loose stools. As far as I know, neither cat has any other pressing health issues.

Judy, Jake, & Boomer

7. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

HI everyone, thanks for the info. Just got back from the vet. HIs temp/heart rate were all normal and the vet didn't feel anything in his stomach. The vet wanted to do a blood work up but we just had one done a month ago so I declined. I am going to see how he is the next couple of days and see if maybe it is a hairball or something.
    I am wondering if a switch of food would help? We have used FF since his diagnosis (4 months ago)
    Just fed him when we got home a small amount of food and put fortiflora on it. I am going to try and feed him small meals and see if this helps. The good thing is he is eating and drinking. I tested his bg before I left for the vet and he was 85. This is a little higher than his normal range but I am sure it is because he has been throwing up and pooping.
    Another factor going on is we are having work done on our house and there has been constant banging. I wonder if this is upsetting him?

8. drjsiems

drjsiems Member

Michelle - DiscountPetDrugs.com

9. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Thanks for the info on proviable, if the liquid poo continues I will try that. Obviously it is ok for diabetic cats right? We had no puking of food today other than the giant hairball that the DH found. I am hoping/thinking it was from Scrabble. He seems to be happy today and back to his old self.

10. Melanie and Smokey

Melanie and Smokey Well-Known Member

Hope Scrabble is feeling better this week.

11. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

Sorry to have been out of touch and find this on my return! I just wanted to mention... I think someone said that Fortiflora can give some kitties liquipoo. If this is still an issue, you might PM Jill. She knows.

I hope Scrabble is much, much better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.