6/6 Tashie PMPS = 387 = 3.5 = 54

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by BorisV, Jun 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

She won't eat it her regular yummy food if you just put it down?

2. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

Having dealt with feeding gravy fairly recently (and always in the wee hours :roll:), I found it helpful to go ahead and strain the food to squish out the gravy part so it's ready to use rather than try to squeeze it out of the canned mixture with a spoon and get more food than gravy, which can fill them up quickly.

MJ

3. BorisV

BorisV Member

Hey! I have still have some dry cat food? Is that worth a shot?

4. MJ+Donovan

if she'll eat a few kibble drizzled with gravy, OK, but on its own, dry food generally takes too long to bring up the BG level.

5. Marje and Gracie

No ....good thought but dry food takes alot of time to get numbers up and then it hangs on and on.

We are done with the dry food :D

6. BorisV

BorisV Member

Okay - off to see the wizard - stay tuned! fingers crossed!

7. MJ+Donovan

After this drama passes and she's sleeping soundly, clip those dagger-claws!

MJ

8. BorisV

BorisV Member

9. BorisV

BorisV Member

left like 8 little tint pieces of dry with a flake of gravy food on top - like not much but something.

10. Marje and Gracie

Brilliant! Are you uninjured from this last test?

Ok....tell me what she will eat? When we've given gravy and they come up, I like to have some LC on board. The gravy will wear off and so Tashie might very well come down again later as she has done before.

Will she eat LC now? We can wait an hour to test again.

11. BorisV

BorisV Member

I can deliver a pile of fresh turkey breast diced to her specification and slip behind the bed where she is hanging out. Want that?

12. BorisV

BorisV Member

Oh, and Marje, while I am still coherent (?) and in case I forget to double check with you - still .25U in the morning - no matter what?

And, tell me why this happened so I can 'spain to sleeping beauty - who I had to WAKE up for that last one! And will do the same for the next! Where is my boy toy when I need him!

13. Marje and Gracie

That's pretty low carb. She doesn't like some LC canned food like Wellness....about a 4-5% food?

14. Marje and Gracie

Bern

Feed her what you can get her to eat that is low carb.

I need to test Gracie and feed her. I will BRB to answer your question. I do have an answer :idea:

15. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

For future reference, do not use peroxide on cat scratches or bites because it seals up the wound. Best to just use warm water and soap. You're doing a great job, Bernadette. Isn't Marje the best? :D :D
    Liz

16. BorisV

BorisV Member

just delivered fresh turkey breast and opened yet another tin of FF (so it's stinky) and delivered it to her royal highness behind the bed. She looks fine and was giving me one of those "really mum" looks - Boris is in there with her watching over her and also partaking of the midnight feast - he said, "Tash, don't know what you did to get us ALL this stuff - but cool - keep it up" "we never got all this when I was sick"!!!

Oh, and sis, just coz you are a night owl and love this stuff ....... as soon as we are clear will you allow me to drift off too? Glad I didn't take the 2 Benedryl that I had sitting out ......sort of KNEW this was going to happen! She's been sending me messages lately hasn't she now! Oh, but I tell you, she is looking extra pretty for some reason!

17. BorisV

BorisV Member

Oh, Anne, don't you just LOVE the drama! I think there needs to be a late night cat show! I'd watch it! I didn't use peroxide - WOULD have used neosporin but it's all in the princess' room and don't want to go in there as I want her to EAT! Remind me to send you the great YouTube video I saw today - it's a cat one and you will howl!

18. Marje and Gracie

Thank you Liz!! I had no idea because my little foldies are not scratchers. Wow....definitely always learning here :D :D

Boris is liking Tash's FD gig, eh?

Ok...here's what happened. Miss Tashie has proven herself to be quite the bouncer...I mean she's very dramatic about it. Think of her Lantus depot as a bucket and every shot is like a glass of water you are pouring in the bucket. Eventually, the bucket fills and overflows. And so the depot is full and we need to drain it a bit by giving a dose reduction.

BUT....quite often these little sky high bouncers will shoot to the moon from 40s and so to try and keep them from going too high, we shoot through the bounce.

Here's where it gets interesting. Even if you had reduced her dose tonight to .25u, because of that depot, she would have done the same thing. It was 50/50 as to whether she would continue to go way up or whether she would come back down. If she was going to go way up, I wanted to try and keep her from going too high.

Her depot from .5u might affect up to six subsequent cycles so for the next 3-4 cycles, you might see her pretty active.

19. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Darn! Tashie is having another pajama party and I can't come. Have to get up early tomorrow to help another new member with their cat. Have a good night all.

20. BorisV

BorisV Member

Okay, Marje, got it. Need to be CLEAR about tomorrow dose - no matter what .25U yeah?

Oh, and not sure if I told you that I have FOUR punctures & a scratch - and she LEFT A NAIL in me! The last test I had to be sure it was HER blood & not mine! ohmygod_smile

21. Marje and Gracie

If she gives you a 150 or below in the morning, do not feed her....post and ask for help.

But, yes, your new dose is .25u.

You understand about the depot and what happened tonight and why?

I sorry about the punctures....teeth? If so, you can get a nasty infection from bites.

22. BorisV

BorisV Member

GOT IT! No teeth, all nails - think she was mad because we missed her manicure appt today due to a LOW! .....10 minutes to go. What are the instructions for this next test?

23. Marje and Gracie

Lets just see where she is. I like flexibility :D

24. BorisV

BorisV Member

I like sleep :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: But I do love my Tash more. WHY does the time go SO slow when you are waiting! Gurrr! And then, how can Jim fall asleep so fast - he will be getting a WAKE up call SOON! Ha! Maybe I should throw a glass of cold water on him! Yeah! Let the fun begin! ........can you tell I'm tired!

25. BorisV

BorisV Member

How many PJ parties have you had? And how long have you been on the FDMB?

26. BorisV

BorisV Member

STAND BY ......... here I go

27. Marje and Gracie

2.5 years. I can't count the number of PJ parties. Alot when Gracie was on Lantus. And since she's been on lev, a lot helping people. My Jammie's are worn plumb out :lol: :lol: :lol:

Attached Files:

28. BorisV

BorisV Member

72. Have jim holding her in case I need to do gravy........

29. Marje and Gracie

No gravy. More FF low carb? A couple tsp? Possible?

You got Jim up? Uh-oh...I'm in trouble.

30. BorisV

BorisV Member

She has 4 bowls of food in the room. Can I send Jim back to bed?

31. Marje and Gracie

For an hour.

I would love to let ou go to bed but she's surfing, it isn't nadir, she has come back down later in the cycle....too many reasons to test until she is actually showing a good rise.

I would love for her to eat! She can still drop down a good bit before/at nadir.

32. BorisV

BorisV Member

Sent Jim back to bed - he can sleep in a heartbeat. I "scuffed" up the food and dipped the knife in the gravy for good measure - just a teeny little taste, not much at all. Okay, this was what, + 5:15, the next one will be +6:15.

She did eat the turkey. There is EVO Duck and the the FF I just opened. I will have to fumigate the room! And then there is HC in the bathroom! I noticed that I'd left it on the bed today - Duh! It was highly unlikely that she'd jump up there but didn't want to take the chance!

I'll chill for a while - rather than do 1:45 which is +6:15, what about 2:00 which would be +6.5? I'll set an alarm once we agree and then I may just watch TV or something - if that's okay. Lets agree on a time and a plan if she is LOWER

33. Marje and Gracie

+5.15 ....does that mean five hours and fifteen minutes? If so, it's +5.25. We count quarter hours as .25, .5, .75.

I'm bot sure what you are asking me for the next test. Sorry. I'd like it to be + 6.5 at the very latest but that is pushing o
    It a little past my comfort level co soldering how she dropped back down this morning about +6 or so.

34. BorisV

BorisV Member

sorry. LAST test was at 12:45 which would have been PM +5.25. I was suggesting that rather than test at PM +6.25 we extend it 15 minutes which would make it 6.5 .... I will do whatever you say (yes, I did just say that)!

35. Marje and Gracie

:lol: you can try it...I know she's had a tough day.

If she's lower...keep those cool Jammie's on as you have been doing. You know what to do. But post...I will be here....night stalking.

36. BorisV

BorisV Member

If she is lower - GRAVY again?

37. BorisV

BorisV Member

I wanna run the vacuum cleaner - I'd better not, huh? I am 2 floors away and he was sawing logs ...... maybe I could!

38. Marje and Gracie

Only if she is way below 50.

Hey...don't forget to give her a green smiley face on her condo like Gracie has.

39. BorisV

BorisV Member

BUT GRAVY AGAIN if she is what # ....don't want to over gravy!

40. Marje and Gracie

41. BorisV

BorisV Member

got it .........but she WILL be 120+

42. Marje and Gracie

Gosh I hope so. But wow.....nice greens all over that SS :D

43. BorisV

BorisV Member

Yeah, it's a pretty predominant colour right now isn't it? Do you think they know how much we love them? Or, do they just assume that superior role and demand it? Tired.........but will stay up until the birds sing. I want a glass of wine but I want to be clear headed to test :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

44. Marje and Gracie

I think they know.

Agreed...I wanted a drink aftermour dinner but....I'm BIC tonight.

45. BorisV

BorisV Member

so, I'm drinking lemon Perrier - need some kind of a fix as I'm fading fast! Can't remember the last time I was up this late! And, who knew how many emails you get during the night! I'll be ahead of that game tomorrow as I am filtering as they come!

so.....today .......Tashie & the disappearing act - never told you where she was ....... so, we have a very old house and the closets are small. When I was in the fashion business I had to have a LOT of clothes - it was part of the thing - and we turned a bedroom into a closet and made the original closet into a cedar closet. Now, keep in mind, that I'd looked in there 4 time prior to finding her - in the closet of the closet - she was on a bottom shelf, way in the back nestled in a cream cashmere sweater! Complete camouflage! The final time I went through the rooms I did it in the dark with a flashlight as I thought maybe I'd shine her eyes and there she was, all comfy and snuggly! And it had to be cashmere!

Will this thread get the prize for having the most posts?

How did you get that photo in the body of the email? I've tried copying & pasting and all kinds of things ....... why won't it let me?

Do you use a PC or a MAC?

46. BorisV

BorisV Member

TTT = time to test ........stay tuned

47. BorisV

BorisV Member

Whoo Hoo! The party's over the party's over mummy is going to bed (when Marje signs me out) ........ you ready ......... do I know my girl or what! What did I say - do you remember?

Well ........she is 123!!! How do you like those numbers!

48. Marje and Gracie

That's an hysterical story! I can just see her camouflaged. :lol: :lol:

I think everyone is in bed so no prizes tonight :D I told you everyone was great...very supportive and caring.

To put a picture in, I upload my photos to photobucket, reduce them in size to 400 width, and then copy the url code and paste it in the text box. Voila!

Ok....as soon as you post, I have to feed LBG (Little Brown Girl aka Gracie Belle)

49. Marje and Gracie

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: spot on!

But hold the phone there....did she eat anything that you can tell? If she just ate the LC stuff, then ok. If she ate any HC stuff.... :evil: :evil: :evil:

50. BorisV

BorisV Member

NO! Didn't GIVE her ANYTHING but LC! I SWEAR! REALLY! SHE DID IT ALL BY HER LITTLE SELF

51. Marje and Gracie

Ok!! I had to ask.

Ok...so she's at +6.5? I know you are tired. If you go to bed now, can you get a +11 in the morning? Just thinking if she surfs all night....

52. BorisV

BorisV Member

ARE WE COOL :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: NOW?

HEY - YOU ARE THE BEST! Marje, I am feeling weepy! It really means SO much that you did this with me. I take back SOME of the names I've called you :-x No, all kidding aside, you are amazing! AMAZING! Not only in your knowledge but your conviction & passion. I am so touched, I'm actually lost for words.

I'll wait for your all clear before I get off - if you tell me it's okay, I'll just say night night now .......and also tell you that I can sew - can make you new jammies if you need!

53. BorisV

BorisV Member

okay, but what would a +11 do? just curious - need to learn

54. Marje and Gracie

Uh-oh...so that means you still mean some of the names? :lol: :lol:

Hey...just paying it forward. It's my pleasure...anything I can do to help others as we have been helped.

A +10 or +11 (thought I'd let you sleep a little longer) will let us know if she is dropping again coming into AMPS. Lets say you get up and she's 150. You don't know if she is still slowly going up OR if she went up to 250 and is coming down.

We are just careful with new members and shooting any dropping numbers. It can be done safely once you have some more data.

We usually like two rising numbers but I know you both are tired. Since she is past +6.5... Which is where she came back down this morning, then I think it's ok to sleep. When Gracie was on Lantus, I always really liked those two rising tests but she has always been easy to test.

You did superb today. Are you working tomorrow?

55. BorisV

BorisV Member

You are a GREAT coach! Hey, the bars are closing here as it's 2:19 but they may still be open in your neck of the woods! Until tomorrow ..............night night! And we'll have to talk new jammies in the near future!

56. Marje and Gracie

Good night.

Three things I want to discuss tomorrow but posting tonight so I won't forget:

1. Feeding low numbers

2. Feeding the curve (dives)

3. Counting drops.

Sleep tight!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.