6/7 Baby AMPS 331,+2 208,+5 108,+8 122,+9 129. PMPS 249

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Becky & Baby Girl GA, Jun 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Becky & Baby Girl GA

Becky & Baby Girl GA Well-Known Member

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  2. Becky & Baby Girl GA

@Bellasmom - can you advise on the dose increase? After 1 week I upped her dose from 1.25 to 1.50. Did I do it right. No one is answering- help!

3. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Yes

Becky & Baby Girl GA likes this.
  4. Becky & Baby Girl GA

Ok thank you... why won’t people answer when I need help?

5. Bellasmom

I’m not sure maybe not to many people on

After 1 week at a given dose perform a 12 hour curve, testing every 2 hours OR perform an 18 hour curve, testing every 3 hours:
    Note: Random spot checks are often helpful to "fill in the blanks" on kitty's spreadsheet. The goal is to learn how low the current dose is dropping kitty prior to making dose adjustments.
    • If nadirs are more than 150 mg/dl (8.3 mmol/L), increase the dose by 0.25 unit
    • If nadirs are between 90 (5 mmol/L) and 149 mg/dl (8.2 mmol/L), maintain the same dose
    • If nadirs are below 90 mg/dl (5mmol/L), decrease the dose by 0.25 unit
    As your cat's blood glucose begins to fall mostly in the desired range [lowest point of the curve approaching 100 mg/dl (5.5 mmol/L) and pre-shot value around or below 300 mg/dl (16.6 mmol/L)], do lengthen the waiting time between dose increases.

6. Becky & Baby Girl GA

Ok thank you for your confirmation! :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:!!! Go Bella! :cat:

7. Bellasmom

Bella’s numbers are yucky, wish they would change

8. Bellasmom

I would get more tests if you can today

9. Becky & Baby Girl GA

Oh Bella - what’s going on? I see that bounce baby! Hang in there mommabean, you’re the best! It’ll all work out! :bighug:

10. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Try putting the blue question mark icon at the beginning of your thread title, Becky. It attracts more attention. You can also put wording like "Help with dosing needed ASAP" or similar.

11. Becky & Baby Girl GA

Thank you Kris, but I removed the ? When I asked Jamie to help. It had been there quite awhile... I’m having trouble with the thread entries, my iPhone is what I use & it will only allow so many characters in the line. I’ve tried everything. I have to retype the whole thing each time I enter data?!? It’s ok I’ll figure something out! :) :bighug:

12. Bellasmom

When I got home bella had blood on his backend, rushed him to vet and he has abscessed anal gland, big hole there, they gave him antibiotics and cleaned it really well, he bit me on the arm and the nose, omg so I was bleeding too, that’s why the high numbers, I kept telling DH something was wrong

13. Bellasmom

Nice numbers today baby girl

14. Becky & Baby Girl GA

Oh poor Bella! I have never had a cat with one! So glad you found it & got him in! Poor buddy, yep no wonder the numbers were high! You knew it. Get well soon Bella. Sorry you had to go through a beating too! Geez..

Bellasmom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.