6/7: Jag AMPS: 209, +2: 174, +5: 156, +7: 189

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by chrisb3127, Jun 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrisb3127

chrisb3127 Member

Jag continues to be syringe fed. Specialty vet wants to try Entyce, just waiting for them to send the Rx to my local vet office. They want to try a direct medicine that's specific for appetite to see if we can curb his issue with not eating independently.

Last night he seemed extremely nauseous I think: he would sit at the water dish and just hover his head above it. Would paw at the water, but not drink it. Then, walked away for a few minutes, and would return and do it again.

Stools seem to happen once per day, around midnight. Last night's was still hard and dry, and shaped kind of "smushed". I think he may have slight constipation still. Going to try Miralax if he's still having hard/dry stools tonight.

This morning, I gave him his dose of Cerenia. Within an hour, he started acting much better. He was following me around the house -- something he hasn't done since he had DKA around Memorial Day. Hoping this is another good thing!

He woke me up too, he was hitting the bathroom door with his paw making a lot of noise. I thought maybe something was wrong, so I immediately checked his BG and all was fine. I think he likes the extra attention he's been getting these last few weeks!

How do his recent numbers look? Should I consider raising the dose to +3? He does eat enough food now, albeit from doing it by syringe.

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Nice to see Jag is getting more blues in there! I might consider an increase to 2.75 units. A 0.5 unit increase is too much at this point.

Here is the link to your previous post, so people can easily follow the history. Speaking of which, do you mind adding the fact that he was DKA and the dates to your signature. The fact that you have DKA in the recent history can influence suggestions on dosing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.