7/01 Shadoe and Oliver

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by Blue, Jul 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Previous Condo for Shadoe & Oliver

This morning was a big surprise! Both had crazy BG at +12:
    Shadoe was a 392, but she likely was bouncing from her Green last eve.
    Oliver was a 90 :shock: , just sitting back, enjoying the feeling on the sofa!

For Shadoe, I just rolled my eyes, sighed, and shot her 8.25uLev. I had been thinking maybe drop it down today, she decided that we were staying put for now. Her +3 is 322, so she is coming down slowly :roll: Oddly, she seems to be pretty peppy for this high number.

Oliver is strange, and my first reaction was to give him some HC, but he wanted his LC haha_smiley What a crazy cat! Good thing as then I found out that since it's his nadir that's low, I should try LC first and if he does not come up, then try HC. Thank goodness he ate some LC and his numbers rose, or I don't know what I could have made him eat. Maybe some karo in his LC I guess.
    Anyways, his next few numbers were coming up and I went with a half dose of 7uLev. His +2.5 is 185.

Oliver's habit has been to wake me in the morning by scratching at the side of the bed. He has not been doing that for some time now because I think he is starting to feel much better lately, and today, he was acting like he did not care if I got up cuz he was Green and everything was fine. I do believe we are making some very good progress.

We'll see where they are in a little while.

Attached Files:

2. Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA

Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA Well-Known Member

Sounds great! Funny -- looks like Shadoe is glaring down at Oliver for his audacity

Thanks for the pics

3. sehjak (Susan & Lanky)

sehjak (Susan & Lanky) Well-Known Member

Love the pictures & even recognize some the the "equipment"!! Your kid are adorable.

I want to make sure I understand when you feed LC v HC and the cycle nadir...would you go over that again for me?

4. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Shadoe 'watches' Oliver ALL THE TIME.
    She must know where he is at all times ... or she goes looking for him!

Susan,
    Oliver's nadir is very late, like right at +11 or even +12 or even later. Since what number he has will determine whether I shoot full dose, half dose, or skip shot altogether, I don't want to bring up his number falsely without seeing what he can do on just a bit of regular LC.
    We know that if you give food, it can falsely bring up his number, then I shoot, but then the foods wear off and he continues to drop. Oliver takes till close to +4 before he seems to be working on the insulin. Shadoe reacts more like +3, but he's always been later.

For Shadoe, her nadir is around +5 or so, so if she goes green around about that time, or even earlier or later, we are not considering any shot - we just want to bring up her number. Her shot is hours away.

So, for Oliver, I would try some LC, Carolyn suggested give half his normal amount of LC, then see if he comes up a bit. If he keeps dropping, and it's around his nadir whch is also his shot time, I would then give him some HC to bring him up. There have been times when Oliver was inhaling HC and still dropping. For that reason, I get nervous when he goes green. Shadoe, not so much because the little princess will come up on just 1tbsp of MC or HC. She's alot more sensitive so also easier to manipulate. Oliver does what he likes and if it's down, then down he goes!

I think nadir at shot time makes the big difference.

Attached Files:

5. sehjak (Susan & Lanky)

sehjak (Susan & Lanky) Well-Known Member

This is very helpful, thanks so much!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.